Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Adelaide via Disney world Florida

Adelaide via Disney world Florida

Old Jun 19th 2003, 1:22 pm
Forum Regular

Richard & Lisa is an unknown quantity at this point
Lightbulb Adelaide via Disney world Florida

I was wondering if anyone with young Children, had ever stopped off in Disney World Florida on their way to Oz?. We are a bit curious about how much more expensive this would be, and would it be easy enough to organise.

Many thanks
Old Jun 19th 2003, 1:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Exit UK 23rd Mar 2004, arriving in NZ 29th Mar (stop off LA Disney)
GetMeOutOfHere is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Adelaide via Disney world Florida

Originally posted by Richard & Lisa
I was wondering if anyone with young Children, had ever stopped off in Disney World Florida on their way to Oz?. We are a bit curious about how much more expensive this would be, and would it be easy enough to organise.

Many thanks
I can't help, but its definitely something I'd do , probably DisneyLand LA though.

Go for it, the kids will love it!
Old Jun 19th 2003, 2:20 pm

kevpreece is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by GetMeOutOfHere
I can't help, but its definitely something I'd do , probably DisneyLand LA though.

Go for it, the kids will love it!
yeah disneyworld in LA is your best bet, florida a bit out of the way and theres no difference between the two, also over LA see hollywood etc....

hope this helps

kev
Old Jun 19th 2003, 2:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

terryg is an unknown quantity at this point

Many thanks
Hi R&L

The flight costs are similar to going the normal way round if you go to LA. Room will be about £50 per nite and then youve got your park/Disney passes on top of that.

Air New Zealand amongst others go that way - Think United Airlines do too.

I hope that this helps.

Cheers

Terry
Old Jun 19th 2003, 6:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Carrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to behold

Hi,

We are stopping off in LA on the way over for Disneyland and Universal Studio's we hope to fly BA i have a quote for my round the world flight as our's will be an open return and we are also stopping at more destinations on the way price is £1066 + taxes but shop around try trailfinders etc, or www.opodo.co.uk

good luck as you can tell I am a big kid but the scarier the ride the better for me we are off down to Alton Towers for the last time before we go.
Old Jun 19th 2003, 7:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Originally posted by kevpreece
yeah disneyworld in LA is your best bet, florida a bit out of the way and theres no difference between the two, also over LA see hollywood etc....

hope this helps

kev

Sorry to disagree but Disneyland is not a patch on Disney World Florida. It is much smaller and older, but they do have the new Californian Adventures bit now.

Bear in mind the cost of tickets to the parks, they are mega expensive. For 3 adults ( over 10 is an adult) and 2 children we paid nearly £800 for a 5 day hooper pass. This lets you visit which parks you like and you can keep the days if you don't use them. It is about £100 less for 4 days etc. Plus Florida has 3 waterparks which are fab.

The LA Disneyland is cheaper as there is less to see, but it is a lot nearer to Aus. I think it is still around a 20 hr flight from Florida.

We have been thinking about going via LA but you can never find any prices on line for the flights. I think you have to go to LA and then get an Aus ticket from there.

Any questions about Disney fire away we are experts on them!!

Tina
Old Jun 19th 2003, 10:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

r.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant future

Originally posted by Carrianne
Hi,

We are stopping off in LA on the way over for Disneyland and Universal Studio's we hope to fly BA i have a quote for my round the world flight as our's will be an open return and we are also stopping at more destinations on the way price is £1066 + taxes but shop around try trailfinders etc, or www.opodo.co.uk

good luck as you can tell I am a big kid but the scarier the ride the better for me we are off down to Alton Towers for the last time before we go.

i hear the queen mary boat is really nice special place to stay in longbeach

http://www.queenmary.com/html/hotel.php4

and if you shop around you can cut a deal on room rates

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev...alifornia.html

cheers

richard

Last edited by r.bartlett; Jun 19th 2003 at 10:27 pm.
Old Jun 19th 2003, 11:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Kiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by tinaj
Sorry to disagree but Disneyland is not a patch on Disney World Florida. It is much smaller and older, but they do have the new Californian Adventures bit now.

Tina
Totally agree it's got to be 12 or 13 years since I was at Disney World and it's far superior to Disneyland. I bought the same 5 day pass and I've still got 1 days use, but not had the chance to use it since.

Cost could be a big factor of getting to Disneyworld as compared to Disneyland, just outside LA.

Even though DisneyWorld is better I still wouldn't write off Disneyland as it's great as well, just if money no object (as if) go Disneyworld, Orlando.
Old Jun 20th 2003, 1:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Wilf is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Kiwipaul
Totally agree it's got to be 12 or 13 years since I was at Disney World and it's far superior to Disneyland. I bought the same 5 day pass and I've still got 1 days use, but not had the chance to use it since.

Cost could be a big factor of getting to Disneyworld as compared to Disneyland, just outside LA.

Even though DisneyWorld is better I still wouldn't write off Disneyland as it's great as well, just if money no object (as if) go Disneyworld, Orlando.
How old are you? Working men going to see Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck? You lot are so childish it makes me weep. You still sit cross-legged and watch cartoons when you get home from ripping off the taxpayers? If it were not so sad it would be funny. You are buying Harry Potter books and wearing capes and tall hats like 10 year olds? What a bloody shambles.

What the hell did my generation bother for? So that 30 year olds and older could go to Disney world or whatever the hell it is? Why do you lot leave school? You can sit and have cartoons and stories all day.
Old Jun 20th 2003, 2:09 am
BE Forum Addict

karawara88 is an unknown quantity at this point

Go to Disneyworld Florida stay in Kissemmeee its cheap as chips.

Wilf, its a terrible thing getting old. ! Been to Florida twice and loved it the magic kingdom is for the kids the rest is for the adults.

Its not all about Donald Duck you know. The yanks are good on wheelchair access so you would be OK Wilf.
Old Jun 20th 2003, 2:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Wilf is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by karawara88
Go to Disneyworld Florida stay in Kissemmeee its cheap as chips.

Wilf, its a terrible thing getting old. ! Been to Florida twice and loved it the magic kingdom is for the kids the rest is for the adults.

Its not all about Donald Duck you know. The yanks are good on wheelchair access so you would be OK Wilf.
You I respect, so I will take your word for it.

I do not yet need the wheelchair access yet but I am happy to know it is there just in case. As you know, Oz can wear the best of us down in the end. Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with people taking their kids, but it is all this stuff nowadays with adults liking cartoons, and Harry Potter, and Mickey Mouse that I despair of.

KiwiOzzieBritPaul is a working man and he sounds more excited about a trip to see Mickey Mouse than my granddaughter does when she goes to the pictures to see Star Wars. I am just hoping he does not wet his knickers and that he is held up by an adult there so he can see OK, that's all.
Old Jun 20th 2003, 6:47 am
Forum Regular

Teliko19 is an unknown quantity at this point

Disneyworld Florida is mush better than LA, and the rides don't break down half as much!

And I have a season pass to Disneyworld and I can go back again and again and again, once to LA was enough for me
Old Jun 20th 2003, 6:51 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Many thanks
Get a round the world ticket most are not much more expensive than a ticket to Australia, you can stop off where it suits you.

Old Jun 21st 2003, 7:03 am
I Know What's Going On!

SteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the rough

Originally posted by Carrianne
Hi,

Hi Carrianne,

Sorry, I don't know how many are in your family. Can you tell me how your price breaks down?

Steve.
Old Jun 21st 2003, 7:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Carrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to behold

Steve there is just the 2 of us and that flight price is for each. We thought that this was a good deal as it includes and open return to the UK which I need for my sisters wedding.

But we are stopping as follows or this the complete itinerary.

Glasgow - London - LA - Fiji - Christchurch via Aukland - Brisbane - Singapore - London - Glasgow.

So we amend our return when in Oz within a year for just $30

hope this helps

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.