stop over

Old Oct 4th 2005, 3:33 pm
Forum Regular

bex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nice
Default stop over

Does anyone know if it is possible to hire an airport hotel room for a quick shower and change of clothes during a shorter stop over.

The flight we are thinking of going on has an 8 hour stop in Singapore and we would love to be able to grab a shower in that time.

Thanks for any help
Old Oct 4th 2005, 3:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

sunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: stop over

Originally Posted by bex 66
Does anyone know if it is possible to hire an airport hotel room for a quick shower and change of clothes during a shorter stop over.

The flight we are thinking of going on has an 8 hour stop in Singapore and we would love to be able to grab a shower in that time.

Thanks for any help
You can go to the hotel in the middle of the airport and have a shower for $10, you are supplied with towels and also get a free drink. It is a wonderful thing when you have been on a plane for 13 hours.
Old Oct 4th 2005, 4:03 pm
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of
Default Re: stop over

Originally Posted by sunshine23
You can go to the hotel in the middle of the airport and have a shower for $10, you are supplied with towels and also get a free drink. It is a wonderful thing when you have been on a plane for 13 hours.
A lot of airport hotels offer the use of the gym, HKG airport you pay abotu $10 to use the gym/swimming pool and shower. Bloody lovely on a stopover

Kala
Old Oct 4th 2005, 4:54 pm
Forum Regular

bex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nice

Originally Posted by sunshine23
Thanks for your replies,

can you tell me do you have to pre book the shower, or just run like merry hell to be first in the queue, before all the hot water goes !!!!
Old Oct 4th 2005, 6:00 pm
Chocoholic

Juliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure what Singapore airport is like, but last year we went via Osaka (Japan). There was about a half hour wait for the showers (we just went up to the desk and put our name down). Ab Fab! Fluffy towels and hairdryers etc. Then has a nice meal. Great way to spend a few hours in a transit lounge.
I'm sure there would be something similar in most other airports.
Julie
Old Oct 4th 2005, 8:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

sunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for your replies,

can you tell me do you have to pre book the shower, or just run like merry hell to be first in the queue, before all the hot water goes !!!!
Run like merry hell when you get off that plane. When we got there we had to wait about 20 mins, so its not that bad.
Old Oct 4th 2005, 9:40 pm
Forum Regular

suzannepatricia has a brilliant futuresuzannepatricia has a brilliant futuresuzannepatricia has a brilliant futuresuzannepatricia has a brilliant futuresuzannepatricia has a brilliant futuresuzannepatricia has a brilliant futuresuzannepatricia has a brilliant future
Talking Re: stop over

Thanks for any help
The first time I went to Oz, 4 years ago, I flew Thai air, and stopped at Bangkok for 10 hours!!!!!!!!!First time I had flown longhaul and didn't realise how long I was going to be there. However, I booked a dayroom in the airport ( they spoke reasonable English with an American accent)and paid US$10 for a room with lovely shower room, tv (only 1 English news channel) a mini bar with free soft drinks and the most gorgeous bed!!!! I booked an alarm call, for 6 hours time and I actually woke up before they rang, to find myself in total pitch black! I thought I had died, I thought where am I ? Panic set in, I am supposed to be in Australia threw my arm out and found a table lamp. Relief!! Certainly was a welcome break.
This time I don't know yet where to stop off, for how long or who to fly with, but expect to find the same sort of place in whatever airport.