Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

stop off in kuala lumpur

stop off in kuala lumpur

Old Jan 27th 2005, 12:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

pootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant future
Default stop off in kuala lumpur

hi - has anyone had a stop off in kuala lumper & can recommend a good hotel??

we are trying to find one that can fit 5 persons in a room - we have 3 boys ages 9 8 8 & dont really want them in a room alone. failing that one that will have adjoining doors. has anyone any experience of this?

can anyone help??

thanks

pootle
Old Jan 27th 2005, 2:19 pm
surfer chic from Teesside

lauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: stop off in kuala lumpur

Originally Posted by pootle26

we are trying to find one that can fit 5 persons in a room - we have 3 boys ages 9 8 8 & dont really want them in a room alone. failing that one that will have adjoining doors. has anyone any experience of this?

can anyone help??

thanks

pootle
we are stopping off there aswell, we fly out on 30th from heathrow, how about you?

We booked ours on line, its a 5 star and only £58 for 2 nights for the 2 of us, cant rememebr the name of it tho as JC booked it, its in the something triangle if that helps???

laura
xxx
Old Jan 27th 2005, 2:37 pm
Forum Regular

THYE.A. is an unknown quantity at this point

can anyone help??

thanks

pootle
Most hotel in Malaysia offer two beds, sometimes 2 single beds ,sometimes 2 double bed.,.With some extra charge, you can get additional single bed.

You can also request for two seperate rooms that next to each other, but with door between them in the room.

Do not leave your valuables in the room unattended.

There are many 4 to 5 stars hotel in the Golden Triangle, which is in CBD.
Old Jan 27th 2005, 2:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

pootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant future

hi, thanks for that -

we are going 16 march & returning 19 april - doing kuala lumpur on the way back - just been looking at The Pan Pacific Hotel - Kuala Lumpur International Airport as it has a walkway from the airport to the hotel - & as we arrive in at 10pm and i dont want it to be the middle of the night by the time we will arrive.
my travel agent said the renaissance hotel which is in the golden triangle is a 40mile journey from the airport & is charging £130 for transfers there.
not sure if this is correct?!?

perhaps someone can enlighten me -
id rather pay the extra to stay by the airport if this is the case!

pootle
Old Jan 27th 2005, 3:21 pm
Forum Regular

THYE.A. is an unknown quantity at this point

hi, thanks for that -

we are going 16 march & returning 19 april - doing kuala lumpur on the way back - just been looking at The Pan Pacific Hotel - Kuala Lumpur International Airport as it has a walkway from the airport to the hotel - & as we arrive in at 10pm and i dont want it to be the middle of the night by the time we will arrive.
my travel agent said the renaissance hotel which is in the golden triangle is a 40mile journey from the airport & is charging £130 for transfers there.
not sure if this is correct?!?

perhaps someone can enlighten me -
id rather pay the extra to stay by the airport if this is the case!

pootle

If you just want to stay one night and do not intent to do any sighseeing in Kuala Lumpur, I suppose the Pan Pacific Airport Hotel is fine and convenient to you .I stayed there once as I arrived late and had to fly out early.

The airport is a bit far from CBD, but I am pretty sure the cab ( here they call it Taxi ) definitely cost less than 130 pound.130 pound is appox RM 910.

I think the cabs operate from the airport are all from the same company that charge a standard rate.I suggest you seach on Kuala Lumpur International Airport ., or KLIA , for detail

Just give you an idea . A branded basic laptop with Celleron processor loaded with Window XP Home Edition costs about RM 3000 in Malaysia.

Hope that helps.

Got to sleep now
Old Jan 27th 2005, 3:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by THYE.A.
If you just want to stay one night and do not intent to do any sighseeing in Kuala Lumpur, I suppose the Pan Pacific Airport Hotel is fine and convenient to you .I stayed there once as I arrived late and had to fly out early.
thanks once again - we are only stopping off 2 nights the first night we will arrive @ 10pm so by the time we get to the hotel it will be late & that will leave the next day for pottering around - there is a butterfly sancturary & an aquarium about 5 mins away (apparently) so we will probably amuse the boys that way. we are not too fussed about shopping although if the taxi cabs are cheap we may venture down to the city centre. i think the Pan Pacific Airport Hotel will be ok for this trip- we will be going again soon so we will probably choose one in the city centre next time.
travel agent gave us a price of £134 for all 5 of us for the 2 nights which i thought was good £33.50 per room per night

must admit the massage package the hotel offers is looking mighty tempting

ttfn

pootle
Old Jan 27th 2005, 4:11 pm
An Australian Citizen !!

Jimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to behold

thanks once again - we are only stopping off 2 nights the first night we will arrive @ 10pm so by the time we get to the hotel it will be late & that will leave the next day for pottering around - there is a butterfly sancturary & an aquarium about 5 mins away (apparently) so we will probably amuse the boys that way. we are not too fussed about shopping although if the taxi cabs are cheap we may venture down to the city centre. i think the Pan Pacific Airport Hotel will be ok for this trip- we will be going again soon so we will probably choose one in the city centre next time.
travel agent gave us a price of £134 for all 5 of us for the 2 nights which i thought was good £33.50 per room per night

must admit the massage package the hotel offers is looking mighty tempting

ttfn

pootle
Hello

The Pan Pacific at the airport is ideal if you are arriving at 10pm - 11pm by the time you have disembarked and done all the other business.

The hotel is clean and comfortable and the breakfasts are superb - as much or as little as you want - presumably you have got that within your cost for the hotel?

If you then have only one further night at KL before moving on you may just as well remain at that hotel - no real point in shifting to the city - which would involve the journey in and back out again the next day. I suggest you forget about taxis if you go to the city for sightseeing - the airport/city train is new(ish), clean, fast and good price.

Your lads might like the view from the skybridge on the Petronas Towers - standing on glass between the 2 towers is something different at the 41st(?) floor (you can't go right to the top) - cool as the youngsters would say!

Talking of cool - be prepared for serious humidity in Malaysia -take it easy, do the inside bits in the middle of the day and, if it rains let it steam off you!

Oh - and there is serious shopping if you are into that.

Enjoy yourselves

Jim
Old Jan 27th 2005, 4:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jimclevs
Hello

The Pan Pacific at the airport is ideal if you are arriving at 10pm - 11pm by the time you have disembarked and done all the other business.

The hotel is clean and comfortable and the breakfasts are superb - as much or as little as you want - presumably you have got that within your cost for the hotel?

If you then have only one further night at KL before moving on you may just as well remain at that hotel - no real point in shifting to the city - which would involve the journey in and back out again the next day. I suggest you forget about taxis if you go to the city for sightseeing - the airport/city train is new(ish), clean, fast and good price.

Your lads might like the view from the skybridge on the Petronas Towers - standing on glass between the 2 towers is something different at the 41st(?) floor (you can't go right to the top) - cool as the youngsters would say!

Talking of cool - be prepared for serious humidity in Malaysia -take it easy, do the inside bits in the middle of the day and, if it rains let it steam off you!

Oh - and there is serious shopping if you are into that.

Enjoy yourselves

Jim
excellent - thanks for the advice - the boys will want to to go to the petronas towers ,so looks like we are organised for the day . im glad there is the airport/city train - far more exciting than a taxi. i must admit - didnt know much about the area & the travel agent made it sound as though we would be stranded if we chose that hotel & not one in the city. (hence the butterflies & aquarium ) given the choice i know i would choose the towers let alone a 9 and two 8 yr olds!!
hmmm - might be able to pursuade them into a bit of shopping - as long as it involves gamecube / boy games etc

well further investigation needed !!

many thanks

pootle

Last edited by pootle26; Jan 27th 2005 at 4:27 pm. Reason: add name
Old Jan 27th 2005, 4:30 pm
An Australian Citizen !!

Jimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to behold

excellent - thanks for the advice - the boys will want to to go to the petronas towers ,so looks like we are organised for the day . im glad there is the airport/city train - far more exciting than a taxi. i must admit - didnt know much about the area & the travel agent made it sound as though we would be stranded if we chose that hotel & not one in the city. (hence the butterflies & aquarium ) given the choice i know i would choose the towers let alone a 9 and two 8 yr olds!!
hmmm - might be able to pursuade them into a bit of shopping - as long as it involves gamecube / boy games etc

well further investigation needed !!

many thanks

pootle
You're welcome.

Look up KLIA website - will give you all the info re the airport, hotel and the train service.

Regards

Jim
Old Jan 27th 2005, 4:40 pm
sula

Can't remember the name of the hotel I stopped over in a couple of years ago, sorry! There is a really good inside market, which I would highly recommend with local artists, crafts and fortune tellers.

My daughter had her portrait done and I had my palm read.

Enjoy your trip!

Sula