Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anxious Midwife !!

Anxious Midwife !!

Old Jan 26th 2005, 8:16 pm
Forum Regular

karenm has a spectacular aura aboutkarenm has a spectacular aura aboutkarenm has a spectacular aura about
Talking Anxious Midwife !!

Hi, We are hoping to emigrate to oz this year,have just instructed agent, who says it could take 6 months. Applying for 136 visa, does anyone know if it will be processed quicker being on jobs in demand list ?

Karen
Old Jan 26th 2005, 8:27 pm
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anxious Midwife !!

Originally Posted by karenm
Hi, We are hoping to emigrate to oz this year,have just instructed agent, who says it could take 6 months. Applying for 136 visa, does anyone know if it will be processed quicker being on jobs in demand list ?

Karen
Hi Karen

The visa application for us took 3 months start to finish without any frontloading and we are 136 MODL - visa granted 2 weeks ago! Depending on where you are in the country, what might hold you up is the availability of medical appointments - some places you need to book 6 weeks ahead (that's because there are so many of us trying to get into OZ!) lol Even then, I would say that you should get your visa well within the 6 months.

Good luck and happy forum browsing!

Binbird
Old Jan 26th 2005, 8:34 pm
Forum Regular

karenm has a spectacular aura aboutkarenm has a spectacular aura aboutkarenm has a spectacular aura about
Thumbs up Re: Anxious Midwife !!

Originally Posted by binbird
Hi Karen

The visa application for us took 3 months start to finish without any frontloading and we are 136 MODL - visa granted 2 weeks ago! Depending on where you are in the country, what might hold you up is the availability of medical appointments - some places you need to book 6 weeks ahead (that's because there are so many of us trying to get into OZ!) lol Even then, I would say that you should get your visa well within the 6 months.

Good luck and happy forum browsing!

Binbird

Hi and congrats !!!

Where do you plan to go ? We are considering Perth but still unsure. We are close to Birmingham so will have to enquire about medicals. Are you going to work out there ?

Karen
Old Jan 26th 2005, 8:53 pm
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute

Hi and congrats !!!

Where do you plan to go ? We are considering Perth but still unsure. We are close to Birmingham so will have to enquire about medicals. Are you going to work out there ?

Karen
I don't think I've heard of any problems re scarcity of appointments for medicals in the Birmingham area but do make sure to enquire early.

We hope to go to Sydney WHEN the house sells....... Been on the market since October and had an offer yesterday (was on a high!). Turned it down (naturally) coz people never go in with their highest offer, do they?! We were waiting for a counter offer today and were met with the news that the people had taken their own house off the market and changed their minds altogether about the whole house moving business (not on a high any more!)

Funnily enough, I want to train to be a midwife! If we weren't moving to Australia we would have been moving nearer to Bristol so that I could have studied there. Any getting into midwifery tips would be welcome.....

Binbird (that's me, hubby and three girls 6, 5 and 3)
Old Jan 26th 2005, 9:06 pm
Forum Regular

Red face Re: Anxious Midwife !!

I don't think I've heard of any problems re scarcity of appointments for medicals in the Birmingham area but do make sure to enquire early.

We hope to go to Sydney WHEN the house sells....... Been on the market since October and had an offer yesterday (was on a high!). Turned it down (naturally) coz people never go in with their highest offer, do they?! We were waiting for a counter offer today and were met with the news that the people had taken their own house off the market and changed their minds altogether about the whole house moving business (not on a high any more!)

Funnily enough, I want to train to be a midwife! If we weren't moving to Australia we would have been moving nearer to Bristol so that I could have studied there. Any getting into midwifery tips would be welcome.....

Binbird (that's me, hubby and three girls 6, 5 and 3)

Oh no, hope you get another offer soon !! Do you plan to train in oz ?
It will be interesting to see how midwifery is different out there, what do you do at present ? We are thinking of putting our house on market so that it is sold for when we get a visa. It is so hard to know what to do for the best, we have two children as well, 7 and 5 months, so there is a lot to consider as you know. Are you nervous or excited or both ??

Karen x
Old Jan 27th 2005, 8:35 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

try here for more detailed info
http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=72

soapy
Old Jan 27th 2005, 11:51 am
BE Enthusiast

marysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nice

Hi Karen I am a midwife too and did my own application Sent completed form mid August visa granted October

I am headed for Brisbane in July i have 3 friends who are working as midwives in Australia pm me if you want any more info
Good luck mary
Old Jan 27th 2005, 11:55 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Apparently there is only one panel doctor in Brum now (Handsworth) as one has just retired so maybe it is a bit harder to get one than it used to be. Please let me know how you get on as we will be booking with them as soon as we get a case number (2-3 weeks?).
Old Jan 27th 2005, 3:42 pm
I'm watching YOU...

thpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by worzel
Apparently there is only one panel doctor in Brum now (Handsworth) as one has just retired so maybe it is a bit harder to get one than it used to be. Please let me know how you get on as we will be booking with them as soon as we get a case number (2-3 weeks?).
Information:

Just rang Hansworth doctors (very friendly & helpful), medicals are £130 incl x-rays and addtional tests per adult & £30 for our 7 year old. The receptionist said to call back when we have paper work and case numbers and they will do thier best to accomodate us as soon as poss. (not NHS then )
Old Jan 27th 2005, 4:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of

Hi and congrats !!!

Karen
hi karen, we recently had our med,s done in brum the adress is handsworth wood medical services ltd, 110/112 church lane,handsworth wood, brum, b20 2es 0121 523 7117 you have to ring between 8am to 10.30am. we booked the med,s a couple of times after taking duff advice about front loading on both accounts the wait was about 3 weeks. also theres a west midlands meet this sunday in balsall common if your intrested , :scared: good luck