Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

STNI Refusal Victoria

STNI Refusal Victoria

Old Mar 4th 2004, 7:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

parkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of light
Default STNI Refusal Victoria

Hi All
I know this shouldnt be posted here but I wanted to ask if any of you who have visas granted or in the process of getting visas have had STNI refusal.
I ask the question because even though I am a nurse asco code 2325-11 RMN Victoria smu sent me an email today saying that my job was not in demand. I was very suprised and even checked their website, the post is still there????
I have sent them an email and am awaiting their response. Anyone else had a similar experience?
Thanks
Irene
Old Mar 4th 2004, 7:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

I find that incredible Irene!...my husband is RMN, and they were so desperate to get him out here he was offered a job on the phone, but that was Adelaide.
I would give htem a ring and make sure they havent got you mixed up with someone else!!!

If it is true, then try any of the other states as i am certain you'll get in
Old Mar 4th 2004, 7:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

parkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of light

Hi
Thanks I still am in shock I have to say. Everyone says they are desperate for nurses....we are desperate for nurses here I am currently working with 3 vacancies at the moment!!
I might call them tonight and check it out. I sent them a 9 page cv letter so just dont understand it. i only really want to go to Victoria as I have a large family network there so dont want stni from anywhere else no offence meant! Ill let you know what they have to say.
Thanks
Irene
Old Mar 4th 2004, 7:51 pm

nikkers will become famous soon enoughnikkers will become famous soon enough

Hi Irene

what is STNI? Has this come from the DIMIA?

sorry to be a pain but don't understand the lingo yet

Nikki
Old Mar 4th 2004, 8:40 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by nikkers
Hi Irene

what is STNI? Has this come from the DIMIA?

sorry to be a pain but don't understand the lingo yet

Nikki
Nikki
It means State Territory Nominated Independent.
It means you can be sponsored by a particular state if you have an occupation in demand.
It can be quicker than normal Skilled independent and you may need less points.
You do not need it unless it suits your circumstances.
Check here :

www.immi.gov.au

Try the search engine on that site.

Good luck

G
Old Mar 4th 2004, 8:58 pm

nikkers will become famous soon enoughnikkers will become famous soon enough

Hi Grayling

Thanks so much I was so worried I may need something else.....

Irene I really hope you can sort it out.

Nikki
Old Mar 4th 2004, 11:23 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: STNI Refusal Victoria

Originally posted by parkhigh
Hi All
I know this shouldnt be posted here but I wanted to ask if any of you who have visas granted or in the process of getting visas have had STNI refusal.
I ask the question because even though I am a nurse asco code 2325-11 RMN Victoria smu sent me an email today saying that my job was not in demand. I was very suprised and even checked their website, the post is still there????
I have sent them an email and am awaiting their response. Anyone else had a similar experience?
Thanks
Irene
You could get clarification on their decision but you could always apply for Skilled Independent which is likely to be fast tracked (6 months or so).
Old Mar 5th 2004, 2:51 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Sounds like you caught someone on a bad day. Maybe you should go through an agent.
I'd be VERY surprised if they are turning down nurses for Melbourne.
Old Mar 5th 2004, 6:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi All
This is the reply I received from SMU this morning.

Dear Irene

Thank you for your email. We apologise for any confusion caused by our
previous email. Please re-send your CV clearly stating that you are a
Registered Mental Health Nurse and we will then send you a State Nomination
application form as your skills are in high demand in Victoria.

Once again we apologise for any inconvenience caused.

So I have resent my resume for a third time. Keep yr fingers crossed folks and Ill let you know what happens.
Thanks for all your replies.
Irene
Old Mar 5th 2004, 6:34 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Fingers crossed Irene, we need you here we are all mental in Melbourne.
Old Mar 5th 2004, 6:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi Bordy
Thanks for that maybe its the heat or the VB?
Irene
Old Mar 5th 2004, 6:40 am
The Godfather

Hope its not the VB Irene I'm just about to have a few.
Old Mar 5th 2004, 6:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by Bordy
Hope its not the VB Irene I'm just about to have a few.
Hi bordy

Have one for me just off to have my cornflakes and cuppa.....At least i wont be as mad as my clients today my mood yesterday was the real pits!! and had some real s*** situations to deal with which lowered my mood further.

Today is going to be a better day!!

Have a good evening and I will keep you all posted.
Irene