Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

paper work to take to perth

paper work to take to perth

Old Mar 5th 2004, 6:41 am
maggy

Default paper work to take to perth

can anyone tell me if i need to take my medical records and childrens school records with me when we go to oz.

Thanks

Old Mar 5th 2004, 6:43 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Wouldn't do any harm Maggie but don't think you NEED to take them, I know we didn't.
Remember & bring proof of your no claims bonus for car insurance though, I didn't & had to start all over again from zero.
Old Mar 5th 2004, 6:48 am
DarrenD

My understanding is that although not legally compulsory, doctors and schools want it. It makes sense and the reason is to have the information so they can do the best job for you, so might as well take it.

When my wife came to the UK she didnt bring this, and spent ages filling out forms for her medical history, what she had, when, treatment, etc. I imagine it would be something similar
with AU without a medicval history to give them.

As other contributor says, something on car insurance is useful so not to start over again.

For credit history, set up an AU bank account with commonwealth bank / similar while in the UK. This performs credit check against UK history, allowing you to take it over. Alternatively, get credit history report from experian / similar to avoid problems in getting credit / setting up bank accounts / mortgage / etc

Driving licences are a whole other subject on here.

Old Mar 5th 2004, 6:52 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: paper work to take to perth

Originally posted by maggy
can anyone tell me if i need to take my medical records and childrens school records with me when we go to oz.

Thanks
We spent 50 quid and a lot of time sorting out the medical records and once over here no doctor has ever wanted to see them.

Bring the kids vaccination certificates though, they are important.
Old Mar 5th 2004, 7:00 am
maggy

Default what paper work to take to oz

thanks everyone will get it sorted sooner rather than later to in case they are required