Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

The Fat Thoughout

View Poll Results: How long did your diet last?
Less than a week
11.11%
Less than a month
0%
Less than 2 months
5.56%
I am still going
66.67%
Whats the point therefore I do not diet
16.67%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

The Fat Thoughout

Old Mar 3rd 2004, 10:45 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default The Fat Thoughout

How long did your new year diets last?

For some fitness/fat fighting inspiration try the following site

http://www.3fatchicks.com/
Old Mar 3rd 2004, 11:27 pm
Account Closed

ANA123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Still keeping an eye on it but managed to lose the xmas extra in about 5/6 weeks. Put a bit back on due to leaving do's and living on takeaways after kitchen was packed and sent but sorting that out now. The fact that the scales are on a ship somewhere helps though
Old Mar 3rd 2004, 11:46 pm

Forum for Diabetic diets
Old Mar 4th 2004, 12:15 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

I havent been sticking to any sort of diet, eating fairly normally & semi-healthy. Im still losing weight even without trying, although slowly. Havent weighed myself this week but I had gone down another pound & a half last week. Its slow, but its coming off. Amazing what happens when your body actually has a metabolism that works
Old Mar 4th 2004, 12:44 am
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

i have managed 7kg since the start, but i havent been dieting conciosly for several weeks. It just keeps comng off regardless..LOL...must be the hot weather i reckon, but i sure aint complaining.

Thanx for the link BP..i shall look when i got more time
Old Mar 4th 2004, 3:49 am
BE Enthusiast

RichS will become famous soon enough

I dropped a load during the detox diet thing. ANd felt pretty good in myself too. I think mainly the body appreciated the rest form the ale and wine.

However such was my excitement at finishing the thing that I then went and ate 2 cows and a microbrewery in short time.

I then knobbled my foot and have not been able to excercise since. This has caused weight gain.

Whilst starting the detox thing I was into a regime where I hit the gym or went for a run on 4 of my 5 lunchtimes. It really was paying dividends.

alas I am now back at square 1 with the build of a funster.
Old Mar 4th 2004, 9:28 am
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

Since mid Jan I've just been trying to eat a bit more sensibly...i.e. only 10 biscuits with my coffee instead of the whole packet
Mid February I took up swimming again, going 3 times a week to the local pool. But last weekend I gave the pool up .........in favour of a gym....(I must be completely insane) So Starting this last monday I now go to the gym every day when I've dropped the sprogs off at school. I do some weights etc 3x a week and swim every day. Now if I'm not as fit as a butcher's dog soon then I want to know WHY!!!

....hopefully my 'flubbers' as my charming 8 year old daughter calls them will soon be gone

Petra
Old Mar 4th 2004, 11:00 am
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

I am doing well now as I have started to go to aerobics three times a week which is a mircale for me

I am also on a low fat diet . Before I was on a Seefood diet (see food and eat it)
Hoping to loose 6 kg.
Old Mar 4th 2004, 3:09 pm
Forum Regular

KathDore is an unknown quantity at this point

Ive stillgot a long way to go!!!but am totally addicted to the gym now...Ive lost 1 stone since joining the gym,(beginning of Jan 2004) but best of all have lost 5 inches on my tummy, 2 inches of my hips and 2 inches of my boobies!!!! Wearing a dress size smaller now, but unfortunately my back is playing me up so unable to do the necessary sit ups for the roll of fat still around my tummy (anyone got any good advice for toning there???)

Debs have you tried them smooothies yet???

Keep going girls - think of them skimpy bikinis (you know you want one

Kath

p.s. still cant resist the red wine though!! my favourite is on special offer at moment, so that means buying bulk
Old Mar 4th 2004, 5:42 pm
Forum Regular

nell m is an unknown quantity at this point

I've carried on with the healthy eating, but since starting work 3 weeks ago, I havent had time to do my exercise video every day like I was at first, but I do have a 25 minute fast walk to & from the train station every day, so have carried on losing a bit - have lost 1 stone 4 pound so far. I have noticed I'm getting stiff quite a lot - my exercise video involved lots of stretching, but I've not managed to make myself do them at the weekend when I'm off yet.
Old Mar 5th 2004, 6:06 am

The end of super sizing your arse

Big Mac cut down to size by fat fear
From The Times, AFP
March 05, 2004

CHICAGO: Fast-food giant McDonald's plans to phase out "super-size" serves of fries and drinks by the end of the year amid growing concerns over national obesity.

Golden Arches executives said they would halt the jumbo servings as they streamline the menu to provide consumers "with a range of choices that support a balanced lifestyle".
Old Mar 5th 2004, 6:10 am
Badge

you lucky buggers.

I want a diet that allows me to gain 7 kilogrammes. All of it muscle though, without sacrificing speed or stamina. Too much hard work I feel.

badge

Old Mar 5th 2004, 6:23 am

Originally posted by badgersmount
you lucky buggers.

I want a diet that allows me to gain 7 kilogrammes. All of it muscle though, without sacrificing speed or stamina. Too much hard work I feel.

badge
Get some of that weight gain 2000. It did Cartman wonders in South Park. Seriously though that stuff is good for those who burn the calories. For those who don't it is a guaranteed fat grower.
Old Mar 5th 2004, 6:45 am
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

Originally posted by bondipom
The end of super sizing your arse

Big Mac cut down to size by fat fear
From The Times, AFP
March 05, 2004

CHICAGO: Fast-food giant McDonald's plans to phase out "super-size" serves of fries and drinks by the end of the year amid growing concerns over national obesity.

Golden Arches executives said they would halt the jumbo servings as they streamline the menu to provide consumers "with a range of choices that support a balanced lifestyle".

This wont do me any favours as i hate fast food...especially McDs
Old Mar 5th 2004, 6:47 am

Originally posted by podgypossum
This wont do me any favours as i hate fast food...especially McDs
Too right. I hate the the big chain fast foods that are so prominent here. Lucky I have plenty of excellent local choices, some of which are healthy.

The Mrs lost plenty of weight in Japan. Must be something about their diet.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.