Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Steve Irwin has died

Steve Irwin has died

Old Sep 6th 2006, 6:29 am

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Steve Irwin has died

Originally Posted by theguitardoctor
Yeah, I agree...I came here to get some info on emigrating (again), but it's more and more like a playground with some of the members posting purposely to get others wound up. I think I'll resisit the temptation to get drawn into arguing with them in future....but then I love a good argument so much I don't think I can...!
A suggestion - stay out of the Barbie!! It was created for people to have fun and chat of topic!!!

Havent seen much hassle in the Australia forum recently?? Obviously not looking hard enough!

Old Sep 6th 2006, 6:33 am

That's nothing compared to the lowlife's making jokes out of Steve's untimely death on Take It Outside....I've given up even searching for a sliver of human decency in that lot...but when you dig at the bottom of the barrel, I guess that's where you find that sh*t sticks hardest. And boy is that barrel full of sh*t.....

I could name and shame, but take a look yoursleves...it's the "Am I The First....?" Thread. Beware though, callous w***ers most of them...
Oh do give over you do gooding plank!!!

Know him personally did you?
Bessie mates were you?
Friends with his wife and kids were ya?

Probably not!!

Death happens - get over it!

People joke about it because thats the way the huiman race is - sh** happens! It helps people to deal with it!!

Old Sep 6th 2006, 6:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Louise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FluffyTheCampfireSlayer

Bessie mates were you?

Probably not!!

People joke about it because thats the way the huiman race is - sh** happens! It helps people to deal with it!!

I dont think that is necessary. I don't usually get involved in arguments on this forum because everyone is entitled to their own opinion. However I think yours is rather harsh
I've been a nurse for 25 years and still weep at the loss felt for those left behind. I find your comments disrespectful and unnecessary.

Lou
Old Sep 6th 2006, 6:45 am

Originally Posted by Louise M
I dont think that is necessary. I don't usually get involved in arguments on this forum because everyone is entitled to their own opinion. However I think yours is rather harsh
I've been a nurse for 25 years and still weep at the loss felt for those left behind. I find your comments disrespectful and unnecessary.

Lou
Hey lady.....

I am as gutted as most that Steve has passed away!! and have said so on another thread! What I do object to though is do gooders telling people how they should and shouldnt deal with death!

Like I said, it happens....different people deal with it in different ways!! We are NOT all emotional wrecks that start bleeting at the faintest hint of death, some of us are more rational and stronger!

I personally think Steve is up there now, pissing himself laughing at the gags being told about him!

Yes, I feel for his family....hugely, however, none of us are related or know him personally! Have a private moment, then GET OVER IT!!! [sh]IT HAPPENS!!!
Old Sep 6th 2006, 7:09 am
Life's next chapter is?

theguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to behold

Bessie mates were you?

Probably not!!

Ok, why is it you need to joke to get over his death then? If....

a) You didn't know him personally,
b) He wasn't your best mate and
c) You didn't know his wife and kids...?

Tell me....what's your point...as far as I can see you claim you need to get over it by joking, whereas I need to get over his death by stating what a decent guy he was and what he gave to Oz and conservation...all the difference here is that I think these jokes are inappropriate, disrespectful and immature.

What an idiot...

Please....give me some details about one of your family members that dies, so we can all have a laugh.....Dad die of lung cancer? Did you all smoke a limb each rather than buy some cigarettes that week?

Yeah we can all joke, but poke fun at someone evil rather than someone that only did good, then no-one will have an issue with you...

Last edited by theguitardoctor; Sep 6th 2006 at 7:14 am.
Old Sep 6th 2006, 7:32 am

Ok, why is it you need to joke to get over his death then? If....

a) You didn't know him personally,
b) He wasn't your best mate and
c) You didn't know his wife and kids...?

Tell me....what's your point...as far as I can see you claim you need to get over it by joking, whereas I need to get over his death by stating what a decent guy he was and what he gave to Oz and conservation...all the difference here is that I think these jokes are inappropriate, disrespectful and immature.

What an idiot...

Please....give me some details about one of your family members that dies, so we can all have a laugh.....Dad die of lung cancer? Did you all smoke a limb each rather than buy some cigarettes that week?

Yeah we can all joke, but poke fun at someone evil rather than someone that only did good, then no-one will have an issue with you...
Do me a favour....YOU, calling ME an idiot? Know him personally did you? His family? Nah, didn't think so! Can you imagine what kind of world we would live in if we all got upset every time a person we didn't know died? Don't get me wrong, my heart goes out to his family but, c'mon........get over it, it's someone else's grief!

9 years in the paras matey.......seen many a comrade (close friends) die (in action).......so, kinda use to losing people close to me!
Mum died recently at the age of 52...............

Yeah......like I said kinda used to people close to ME dying!!!

Get it?

Again, like I said...anyone know Steve or his family? Nah, didnt think so?

My god, if people reacted like this every time someone they don't know died, can you imagine how quickly this world would go to the dogs?

Bunch of emotional fools on here!!!

Oh yeah....just checked your profile....get a hair cut dude...long hair is for girls and very effeminate men!
Old Sep 6th 2006, 7:36 am

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

ffs save it for the lettuce, bananas and pm's

IMHO just dont think this is the thread to start WW3 on
Old Sep 6th 2006, 7:38 am
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

Come on guys - this is the thread for posting sympathy and condolences...

if you want to have a rant at each other go do it in the appropriate thread in the TIO forum...

tiggs

(note to mods ... not really trying to pinch your job! )
Old Sep 6th 2006, 7:39 am

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Do me a favour....YOU, calling ME an idiot? Know him personally did you? His family? Nah, didn't think so! Can you imagine what kind of world we would live in if we all got upset every time a person we didn't know died? Don't get me wrong, my heart goes out to his family but, c'mon........get over it, it's someone else's grief!

9 years in the paras matey.......seen many a comrade (close friends) die (in action).......so, kinda use to losing people close to me!

Get it?

My god, if people reacted like this every time someone they don't know died, can you imagine how quickly this world would go to the dogs?

Oh yeah....just checked your profile....get a hair cut dude...long hair is for girls and very effeminate men!
I'm not getting into an argument about this but I really don't think it's neccessary for this on this thread. It should be kept to TIO.

Edit: I see tiggs and Possoms beat me to it - great minds eh
Old Sep 6th 2006, 7:40 am
Life's next chapter is?

theguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to behold

Get it?

Actually short hair in abundance is only an invention of the last 100 years or so.....check history, many of the great kings, discoverers and inventors all had long hair...even Jesus....

Maybe I'm just so secure in my masculinity that I don't need to have a head shave and play soldier....

And go ahead...let's make a joke about your losses....coz whether I knew Irwin or not, he still has family and friends grieving and people like you are posting jokes on a PUBLIC FORUM....keep them to yourselves, then no-one will care what you say.
Old Sep 6th 2006, 7:40 am

Originally Posted by Tiggs+Graz

if you want to have a rant at each other go do it in the appropriate thread in the TIO forum...

tiggs

Actually, I agree and I AM posting in the other forum, just some people seem to want to start a fight no matter where they are!
Old Sep 6th 2006, 7:42 am

Actually short hair in abundance is only an invention of the last 100 years or so.....check history, many of the great kings, discoverers and inventors all had long hair...even Jesus....

Maybe I'm just so secure in my masculinity that I don't need to have a head shave and play soldier....

And go ahead...let's make a joke about your losses....coz whether I knew Irwin or not, he still has family and friends grieving and people like you are posting jokes on a PUBLIC FORUM....keep them to yourselves, then no-one will care what you say.
Did you see ME post a joke? didn't think so!

As for the long hair thing.......got rather a lot to say about it haven't you! Complex perhaps?
Old Sep 6th 2006, 7:42 am
Life's next chapter is?

Originally Posted by Tiggs+Graz

tiggs

Apologies...I've jumped back and forth between threads and replied to the comments laid unto me....didn't realise Fluffy had started this over here...my bad for replying.
Old Sep 6th 2006, 7:44 am
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

Actually, I agree and I AM posting in the other forum, just some people seem to want to start a fight no matter where they are!
so stop replying to him then!!
Old Sep 6th 2006, 7:44 am

Inclined to agree that this is not the place for squabbling....Guitar Man....you want me.....come get me!!!

TIO!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.