Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Steve Irwin has died

Steve Irwin has died

Old Sep 4th 2006, 8:48 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Steve Irwin has died

Originally Posted by theguitardoctor
The tone of the post sounded sarcastic....I may have read it incorrectly as these posts have no emotion, but please if it was sarcasm, leave it away from this post, it has no place here....this is the place for genuine respect to be paid. We'll miss you Steve, and your lust for life, family and conservation.

RIP Steve.

You are right, this isnt the place.

There is a whole thread dedicated to it in TIO so I think it is more appropriate to post 'alternative comments ' in there and certainly not here.

His poor children and wife. I hope the good work he has done can be carried on through his wife and children (when they are old enough).

Because there is no denying how much he did for conservation and wildlife.
Old Sep 4th 2006, 8:50 pm
Here at last

Crazy Diamond is a glorious beacon of lightCrazy Diamond is a glorious beacon of lightCrazy Diamond is a glorious beacon of lightCrazy Diamond is a glorious beacon of lightCrazy Diamond is a glorious beacon of lightCrazy Diamond is a glorious beacon of lightCrazy Diamond is a glorious beacon of lightCrazy Diamond is a glorious beacon of lightCrazy Diamond is a glorious beacon of lightCrazy Diamond is a glorious beacon of lightCrazy Diamond is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by bjbrian
Why is life so horid sometimes.

On a more personal note one more regret, namely that I never made it to Australia zoo (though I probably could have) and I dont think it will be the same now.

Brian.
We were there last year, really banking on going again this year and finally meeting him. He was everything Aus epitomised.
Old Sep 4th 2006, 8:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Speargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really nice

A superb Aussie Icon ...known throughout the World - and a hugely respected at the very top of his profession....we've got the Wiggles Australia Zoo DVD....which my daughter watches EVERY morning - the thing is I actually secretly like watching it too! And im 31! If you ever do get to see it - youll see how happy and how much he loves his family. He was larger than life and ....although I dare say it THE Aussie Royal family!
Old Sep 4th 2006, 8:58 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Steve Irwin has died

Excerpt from Steve and Terri's appearance on Enough Rope with Andrew Denton:

Andrew Denton: I'm going to ask you a wildlife question that I know you'll appreciate. What are his mating habits like?

Terri Irwin: Ha ha ha, well have you got seven minutes?

Andrew Denton: We've got all the time in the world. (Applause)

Steve Irwin: Yeah, but it's a wild seven minutes.

Terri Irwin: You know it is funny hearing him talk about crocodile mating because the male and female crocodiles go through this thing, you know it's a big word, I'll say it slowly for you Andrew.

Andrew Denton: Yes, I'm ready.

Terri Irwin: Foreplay. Foreplay, that means that the male crocodile is nice to the female crocodile sometimes for hours before mating. And so when I learned this about the crocodiles, that's when I thought I might want to get to know this guy.

[...]

Andrew Denton: What is Steve's idea of a romantic evening?

Terri Irwin: Swinging by the BP for a cooked chook.
ABC.

Old Sep 4th 2006, 9:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

wafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
Excerpt from Steve and Terri's appearance on Enough Rope with Andrew Denton:

Andrew Denton: I'm going to ask you a wildlife question that I know you'll appreciate. What are his mating habits like?

Terri Irwin: Ha ha ha, well have you got seven minutes?

Andrew Denton: We've got all the time in the world. (Applause)

Steve Irwin: Yeah, but it's a wild seven minutes.

Terri Irwin: You know it is funny hearing him talk about crocodile mating because the male and female crocodiles go through this thing, you know it's a big word, I'll say it slowly for you Andrew.

Andrew Denton: Yes, I'm ready.

Terri Irwin: Foreplay. Foreplay, that means that the male crocodile is nice to the female crocodile sometimes for hours before mating. And so when I learned this about the crocodiles, that's when I thought I might want to get to know this guy.

[...]

Andrew Denton: What is Steve's idea of a romantic evening?

Terri Irwin: Swinging by the BP for a cooked chook.
ABC.

They always seemed like a very happy family.

I cant believe how much his death has touched me, I also only found out today that he shared the same birthday as me (although not the year).

I will miss his happy outgoing personality and his groundbraking wildlife documentaries.
Old Sep 4th 2006, 9:14 pm
Forum Regular

sharon45 is a jewel in the roughsharon45 is a jewel in the roughsharon45 is a jewel in the roughsharon45 is a jewel in the roughsharon45 is a jewel in the rough

what a star his family will be proud .just watched animal plant and it shows he is a brillant husband and father. my heart goes out to terri and the kids.
hes with his beloved mum now.

crocs rule steve..
Old Sep 4th 2006, 9:16 pm
egghead4+becky

egghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud of

its terrible news, he was the best at what he did, I don't think anybody will be able to replace him, its impossible.
he brought life to presenting and truly loved his job.
my heart goes out to his wife and children

bec and egg
Old Sep 4th 2006, 9:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

geordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sharon45
what a star his family will be proud .just watched animal plant and it shows he is a brillant husband and father. my heart goes out to terri and the kids.
hes with his beloved mum now.

crocs rule steve..

Ive been watching that with a mixture of laughter and tears.
i think the mould was thrown away when he was born, a wonderful unique guy who will be missed by everyone.
To Steve
Old Sep 4th 2006, 9:23 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Steve Irwin has died

Originally Posted by geordie mandy
Ive been watching that with a mixture of laughter and tears.

i think the mould was thrown away when he was born, a wonderful unique guy who will be missed by everyone.

To Steve
Hear, hear!

To Steve.
Old Sep 4th 2006, 9:32 pm

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
Hear, hear!

To Steve.
To Steve
Old Sep 4th 2006, 10:08 pm
loz
this is home!!

loz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond repute

The world is a sadder and poorer place today.
Our hearts go out to his family and friends.

Cheers Steve You made a difference.

Loz x
Old Sep 4th 2006, 10:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

LesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to all

What a sad loss. Our family thought he was great for helping educate the public to respect animals and not to harm them. He was able to help rescue so many animals from terrible suffering. So very sad It might be hard to say this but I'm 'glad' he died doing something he loved rather than a car accident etc. His nearest and dearest must be devastated.
Old Sep 4th 2006, 10:34 pm
Life's next chapter is?

theguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
You are right, this isnt the place.

There is a whole thread dedicated to it in TIO so I think it is more appropriate to post 'alternative comments ' in there and certainly not here.
Yes and I just posted my disgusted rant to the lowlife's that started and continued it too...let's hope they never have to suffer such a loss and have someone make jokes at their expense. I feel ashamed to be a part of the human race with people like that in the gene pool.
Old Sep 4th 2006, 10:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

weeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud of

A great man gone too soon,god bless Stevo,he will be sadly missed,feel for the family. Dave
Old Sep 4th 2006, 11:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

manxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by weeman111
A great man gone too soon,god bless Stevo,he will be sadly missed,feel for the family. Dave

What a very sad time for Queensland and Australia.

Our daughter Georgia idolised him like many 9 year olds I am sure, on our long journey to move to Australia he, for her, was Australia and she is absolutely distraught. I have sent her to school this morning in tears again. What can we do to help these very sad children, I can only imagine how is poor wife and children must be feeling. my thoughts and prayers go out to the family

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.