Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

step children moving from uk to spain

step children moving from uk to spain

Old Apr 25th 2004, 5:30 pm
Just Joined

spanishflower is an unknown quantity at this point
Default step children moving from uk to spain

We have just recieved a call to tell us that my partners ex girlfriend will be moving their 3 children out of the uk and to spain in 6months time, as at the moment mum and her husband are having a bar built in spain, their uk house is now sold and until thier bar is finnished they will be living in rented housing. Is there anything that we can do to stop her from taking them with her, against our wishes?

Thanks

Last edited by spanishflower; Apr 25th 2004 at 5:33 pm.
Old Apr 25th 2004, 5:46 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

There are a couple of things you could try but I reckon you should first ask 'why?'.

Your partner's ex-girlfriend will generally win every court case about custody and location unless her actions/ history demonstrate she is provably incapable/ harmful to the children.

Spain is a perfectly reasonable place for them to live, part of the EU, not difficult to access from the UK.

If you want to go down the other route, try an injunction on the grounds of access.