State of Origin

Old May 23rd 2007, 4:35 am

Vim Fuego is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: State of Origin

I care enough to have forked out big time for a ticket 6 rows back on half-way and to be wearing a State Of Origin maroon top as I type ... only 2 hours until I'm out of here and down to The Trans for a few beverages ...

These beverages follow the couple I've just had at the Down Under Bar ... hey, bikini service on Wednesday too, bonus!

Queeeeenslander!
Old May 23rd 2007, 4:42 am
loz
this is home!!

loz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vim Fuego

These beverages follow the couple I've just had at the Down Under Bar ... hey, bikini service on Wednesday too, bonus!

Queeeeenslander!
Bloody 'ell Vim keep that quiet hubby starts a new job in the city next month and he'll find his way there if he finds out about the skimpies:curse::curse: Don't tell me they sell Guinness as well
Enjoy the game

Loz x
Old May 23rd 2007, 4:49 am

Originally Posted by loz
Bloody 'ell Vim keep that quiet hubby starts a new job in the city next month and he'll find his way there if he finds out about the skimpies:curse::curse: Don't tell me they sell Guinness as well
Enjoy the game

Loz x
Alas no Guinness, the closest you can get is Tooheys Old, which is my favourite drop there ... it is also only $3.80 a PINT.

Being trying to find a decent drop of the black stuff for ages but will continue my arduous task ... and if ANYONE can recommend a place for an Irish Coffee that is made RIGHT then I'd be grateful, anyway ...

Fridays is also good at the Down Under as they do "Bag The Stag" and have a couple of raffles ... I won over a litre of Bundy there last week.

Beats the hell out of the overpriced and overcrowded "Grand Central Station" too.

Vim
Old May 23rd 2007, 5:14 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by tscw1
Hi

State of Origin is on now and there are alot of people walking around wearing maroon.

Does anyone on here care about it or even got any interest in any Aussie sports? I miss real football, the banter involved and the gossip etc. The footy news from the UK is restricted to the internet and satellite (which I don't have)

Chris
I love the state of Origin and all the hype that goes along with it....its fab......the only thing that pisses me off is the pronounce maroon.....maroan...ahhhhhhhhhhhh my daughter came in last year and asked how the morons were doin lol
Old May 23rd 2007, 6:02 am
Chris

tscw1 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by biggy
I..the only thing that pisses me off is the pronounce maroon.....maroan...ahhhhhhhhhhhh
Ha Ha, I've noticed that too

Me and my partner (she's Aussie) have been invited to a friends to watch the game, I'm going for an excuse for beer, which is what most spectator sports are for anyway.

Chris
Old May 23rd 2007, 6:50 am

Originally Posted by biggy
I love the state of Origin and all the hype that goes along with it....its fab......the only thing that pisses me off is the pronounce maroon.....maroan...ahhhhhhhhhhhh my daughter came in last year and asked how the morons were doin lol
if maroon is pronounced maroan then a bloody boot is a boat

GOOOO THE MORONS......................OOOOPS MAROONS hehe
Old May 23rd 2007, 7:48 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Couldn't give a shit about the sport - but I hope NSW stuff the cane-toad lickers....

Go blues!
Old May 23rd 2007, 8:14 am

Originally Posted by Hutch
Couldn't give a shit about the sport - but I hope NSW stuff the cane-toad lickers....

Go blues!
O I bloomin Cockroach ye
Old May 23rd 2007, 11:57 am

WOOOOO HOOOOOO GOOOO THE MAROOOONNNNSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old May 23rd 2007, 12:11 pm
Timelord

DrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hutch

Go blues!
Rock on...!

Unfortunately we got stuffed... 19 unanswered points in the second half...
Old May 23rd 2007, 12:18 pm
Just Joined

icec111 is an unknown quantity at this point

Rugby League is the best sport in the world by a country mile. I can't wait to go to my first Origin game next year.

Go Rabbitohs!!
Old May 23rd 2007, 12:51 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Excellent result despite the one eyed ref
That first blues try was never grounded! It got replayed loads of times at our club during half time and never came close.
Ahh well all's fair etc
Old May 23rd 2007, 2:42 pm
Account Closed

Paul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by loz
GO YOU MAROONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pronounced 'Marone's' ...

But then we also have Pasta, Yogurt, Data etc etc etc ...
Old May 23rd 2007, 2:45 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rodders39
Rock on...!

Unfortunately we got stuffed... 19 unanswered points in the second half...
According to the commentator, historically the 'marones' haven't fared so well in Sydney. I still know **** all about it, but I do prefer our blue kit to that poncey purple...
Old May 23rd 2007, 9:35 pm

I feel a little second hand ... I think today is a good day for working from home

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.