Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

stat decs can anyone help me?

stat decs can anyone help me?

Old Jan 30th 2006, 11:14 am
Forum Regular

davyboy is a jewel in the roughdavyboy is a jewel in the roughdavyboy is a jewel in the roughdavyboy is a jewel in the rough
Default stat decs can anyone help me?

Im in the process of my initial skills assessment, what documents need a statutory declaration?
do all my Quals need to be countersigned?
also does my past work history (where i have little or no records) need a stat dec?
help me im confused
my local courts charge £10 per signature, would it be cheaper to go to a solicitor?
ANY info would be hugely appreciated
Thanks
Dave
Old Jan 30th 2006, 11:24 am
one day rodders !!!

robos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: stat decs can anyone help me?

Originally Posted by davyboy
Im in the process of my initial skills assessment, what documents need a statutory declaration?
do all my Quals need to be countersigned?
also does my past work history (where i have little or no records) need a stat dec?
help me im confused
my local courts charge £10 per signature, would it be cheaper to go to a solicitor?
ANY info would be hugely appreciated
Thanks
Dave
evrything needs to be photocopied twice and certified by a solicitor
we used a solicitor because we made a deal she signed everything for £25
we even went back 3 times at no extra cost

a stat dec is required where there is no proof or record
example one of my bosses went out of business so i wrote a stst dec and swore it in front of the solicitor

hope this helps

if you need anymore info dont hessitate to ask or pm me

jan xx
Old Jan 30th 2006, 11:35 am
Forum Regular

davyboy is a jewel in the roughdavyboy is a jewel in the roughdavyboy is a jewel in the roughdavyboy is a jewel in the rough

Hi Jan, and thanks for that!
I have a 20 year work history where probably 6 of my ex employers no longer exist, what should i include in the stat dec? do i need to draft say an A4 sheet detailing what i was employed as, my hours of work, my tasks/duties and experience gained?
hope you can help me further
Thanks again
Dave
Old Jan 30th 2006, 11:47 am
one day rodders !!!

robos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by davyboy
Hi Jan, and thanks for that!
I have a 20 year work history where probably 6 of my ex employers no longer exist, what should i include in the stat dec? do i need to draft say an A4 sheet detailing what i was employed as, my hours of work, my tasks/duties and experience gained?
hope you can help me further
Thanks again
Dave

hi dave if you pm your email addy i will attach a copy of what i did and you can use it as a template

jan xx

Last edited by robos; Jan 30th 2006 at 11:55 am.
Old Jan 30th 2006, 2:49 pm
Running on the spot.

rugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to behold

Hi,
Hope this helps..."You can submit the references you have and also provide a duly signed statutory declaration explaining why they aren't indepth and detail yourself exact employment dates, tools and equipment used, duties performed and any training undertaken while in their employ."
This is copied from an email that I got from TRA in Aus,I've just sent mine off (12.01.06) and ANY help I can give please feel free to pm me and i'll do my best.
Good luck
Old Jan 31st 2006, 4:31 am
BE Enthusiast

BenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond repute

pretty much an echo of what's already been said - where I couldn't provide all the info they asked for I wrote a letter providing the details I could and explained that my company and org structure changed so much that it was impossible to provide org charts etc (especially as I'm project based). They seemed to accept this - so I think that the skills assessment asks for way more than you need to provide. If you want I can drop you a PM with some examples of what I sent in (if I can find them now)