Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Is this normal summer weather in Perth?

Is this normal summer weather in Perth?

Old Jan 29th 2006, 10:11 pm
Never been to Australia

kevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Is this normal summer weather in Perth?

Is this normal summer, thought it was sunshine and barbies every day

Kevin
Old Jan 29th 2006, 10:53 pm
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Is this normal summer weather in Perth?

Originally Posted by kevinl

Kevin
It's pretty crap isn't it? Bit like an English summer but with more flies!!

It is unusual weather. Most Aussies are shocked at how bad the last two summers have been. This year is worse than last and last year had it's crappy days. We seem to have had incredibly long winters for the past few years. Instead of being very wet for June/July & August, the rain has dragged on all the way through to November.

Folk reckon it's the tail end of cyclones that have hit up north that's messing up the weather at the moments. Me; I just reckon it's all us Brits coming over here and each bringing a little of the UK weather with us!!
Old Jan 29th 2006, 11:13 pm
kneading my cushion

webgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of light

I think it must be global warming/climate change, cos I agree, it's been pretty pants. All my aussie friends are moaning. Still hasn't stopped the fires tho'.

It'll probably be over 40 for all of Feb just to give us the other extreme.
Old Jan 30th 2006, 1:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Gold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kevinl

Kevin

Perth like Melbourne is notorious for unsettled weather.BRRRRRRRRRRRRRR too cold for me. I even get cold on the Goldie now when it dips below 25c.
Old Jan 30th 2006, 1:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Gold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by webgum
I think it must be global warming/climate change, cos I agree, it's been pretty pants. All my aussie friends are moaning. Still hasn't stopped the fires tho'.

It'll probably be over 40 for all of Feb just to give us the other extreme.

Lol, It must be global warming as it is the second year on the trot out of 60 millions odd years of the planets life. They can't even forecast what the weather will be like at the weekends but can accurately predict what it will be like in the next hundred years. Funny that. Do not be fooled by the conspiracy that is global warming. It does not exist and is a world wide con for the masses.
Old Jan 30th 2006, 2:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gold Coaster
Lol, It must be global warming as it is the second year on the trot out of 60 millions odd years of the planets life. They can't even forecast what the weather will be like at the weekends but can accurately predict what it will be like in the next hundred years. Funny that. Do not be fooled by the conspiracy that is global warming. It does not exist and is a world wide con for the masses.
Apart from this we, Melly has had a good one this year. Spring arrived the last week of August, 1 we of Sep. It pissed down the middle of September then stabilised quite quick. Summery and reasonably dry really since at least Nov, with the promise of a hot Feb, and 2 good stable months of sunshine in March and April - the best time of year.

Last year it was still raining up until Dec and we didn't get one 40 degree day. We've had 3(?) so far.
Old Jan 30th 2006, 8:04 am
Banned

Lewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond repute

Perth like Melbourne is notorious for unsettled weather.BRRRRRRRRRRRRRR too cold for me. I even get cold on the Goldie now when it dips below 25c.
first time I've heard Perth weather compared with Melbourne

you been drinking?
Old Jan 30th 2006, 8:17 am
kneading my cushion

webgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of light

A con for what? For whose benefit? Sea levels rising, atolls disappearing, icebergs melting quickly (yes, I know some are growing too!). And why not? We're due a climate change anyway, green house gases or not.

I'm not basing my statement on the weather in Perth for the last two years. And I was being lighthearted!
Old Jan 30th 2006, 8:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by thatsnotquiteright
Apart from this we, Melly has had a good one this year. Spring arrived the last week of August, 1 we of Sep. It pissed down the middle of September then stabilised quite quick. Summery and reasonably dry really since at least Nov, with the promise of a hot Feb, and 2 good stable months of sunshine in March and April - the best time of year.

Last year it was still raining up until Dec and we didn't get one 40 degree day. We've had 3(?) so far.

I hope you have great weather for the rest of the summer.
Old Jan 30th 2006, 8:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Lewis Lapthorn

you been drinking?

Only coffee, but I do take your point about the comparison to Perth and Melbourne. Obviously Perth is far better all year round but the Melbourne folks are a bit touchy about the weather and was fishing for a debate on it all.
Old Jan 30th 2006, 9:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by webgum
A con for what? For whose benefit? Sea levels rising, atolls disappearing, icebergs melting quickly (yes, I know some are growing too!). And why not? We're due a climate change anyway, green house gases or not.

I'm not basing my statement on the weather in Perth for the last two years. And I was being lighthearted!

Good onya for being lighthearted about it as I was thinking you were one of those that have been hooked into the propaganda about G.W. I usually spot a post that is tongue in cheek but did not spot yours.

Don't even go there with the explanations as I have not got all night.
Old Jan 31st 2006, 1:51 am
Sye
Forum Regular

Sye will become famous soon enoughSye will become famous soon enough

The weather has been PANTS in Adelaide too

karen
Old Jan 31st 2006, 2:57 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sye
The weather has been PANTS in Adelaide too

I thought both Perth and Adelaide needed some wet weather.

Jeremy
Old Jan 31st 2006, 3:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lewis Lapthorn

you been drinking?
We generally get the same weather pattern as Perth, about 4 days later, here in Melbourne, only about 4-5 degrees cooler. Probably about 3 times out of 5.
Old Jan 31st 2006, 3:48 am
Sye
Forum Regular

Sye will become famous soon enoughSye will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by JAJ
I thought both Perth and Adelaide needed some wet weather.

Jeremy
Yes, well thats what I thought when i first came.. but it rained loads from June to December and was cold a lot of that time! It was end of December before it heated up a bit! Now its January & the weather has went back to wind, cold.. highs of 25c.. after spells of 42c...I mean whats that all about

Im just NOT impressed with the weather im afraid

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.