Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Starting to wobble

Starting to wobble

Old Apr 26th 2008, 12:56 pm
Forum Regular

pinkjane8 is a jewel in the roughpinkjane8 is a jewel in the roughpinkjane8 is a jewel in the roughpinkjane8 is a jewel in the roughpinkjane8 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Starting to wobble

Good for you!!! and are you loving it?
Old Apr 26th 2008, 12:57 pm
A roo in my top paddock!

Dreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of light

Someone said to me in the middle of all this " you should only ever regret the things you dont do not the things you do do " and i have recalled that many times.
We fly out in just over 2 weeks...the house sale has just fallen through so going with basically nothing much but trying to stay positive so we can give it our best shot.
Good luck to you.
Old Apr 26th 2008, 1:07 pm
Forum Regular

pinkjane8 is a jewel in the roughpinkjane8 is a jewel in the roughpinkjane8 is a jewel in the roughpinkjane8 is a jewel in the roughpinkjane8 is a jewel in the rough

Oh I wish you all the luck in the world!!! PLEASSSSSSSSEEEE keep me posted how your doing
Old Apr 26th 2008, 10:47 pm
Forum Regular

sprug is just really nicesprug is just really nicesprug is just really nicesprug is just really nicesprug is just really nicesprug is just really nicesprug is just really nicesprug is just really nicesprug is just really nicesprug is just really nice
Smile Re: Starting to wobble

Hi
Its normal for your wife to get cold feet. My husband got a company transfer to brisbane from sheffield and i really didnt want to leave my job. I was worried that i wouldnt get another job in oz or the uk which i loved half as much. My heart wasnt ever really in the move and i spent weeks packing thinking "what the hell am i doing" and "until im on the plane im not really going". The last few weeks are the worse and my friends in the uk now tell me that they have no idea how i managed to get here as i constantly looked ill with worry. HOWEVER - i cant believe im saying this - life here is good, it isnt what i thought it would be and i now think "thank god we came" im so glad we took the chance, we have been here 6 months and the kids love it and although i see my life in the uk wasnt bad, i see that at the moment life here is better. It is true that you only can regret the things you dont do. Tell your wife that she will get a job she likes and you will make friends, it just takes time and a little faith.
GOOD LUCK
Old Apr 26th 2008, 11:22 pm
I'm really a monkey!

Normal for Norfolk is just really niceNormal for Norfolk is just really niceNormal for Norfolk is just really niceNormal for Norfolk is just really niceNormal for Norfolk is just really niceNormal for Norfolk is just really niceNormal for Norfolk is just really niceNormal for Norfolk is just really niceNormal for Norfolk is just really niceNormal for Norfolk is just really niceNormal for Norfolk is just really nice

Originally Posted by sprug
Hi
Its normal for your wife to get cold feet. My husband got a company transfer to brisbane from sheffield and i really didnt want to leave my job. I was worried that i wouldnt get another job in oz or the uk which i loved half as much. My heart wasnt ever really in the move and i spent weeks packing thinking "what the hell am i doing" and "until im on the plane im not really going". The last few weeks are the worse and my friends in the uk now tell me that they have no idea how i managed to get here as i constantly looked ill with worry. HOWEVER - i cant believe im saying this - life here is good, it isnt what i thought it would be and i now think "thank god we came" im so glad we took the chance, we have been here 6 months and the kids love it and although i see my life in the uk wasnt bad, i see that at the moment life here is better. It is true that you only can regret the things you dont do. Tell your wife that she will get a job she likes and you will make friends, it just takes time and a little faith.
GOOD LUCK
My OH will like this response, sounds like her - she's snoring away next door so will wait till morning! We were in Brisbane in Dec 07 and loved what little we saw of it over 2 days. Great coffee shop in a colonial style cinema or theatre foyer on Queen St Mall. Good luck.
Old Apr 27th 2008, 12:33 am

Nerine is an unknown quantity at this point

We had a brief wobble in Jan/Feb last year and came [this] close to pulling the plug on the move to Oz.

Hardly a day goes by when I don't think how wise we were to emigrate to the Gold Coast, can't begin to tell you how much we enjoy our lives here. My only complaint is that there is too much to do and not enough time!

Just look at the weather today - stunning!

http://www.coastalwatch.com/camera/c...1500&state=QLD