Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Starter homes in Oz

Starter homes in Oz

Old Jan 22nd 2006, 10:02 pm
Forum Regular

halcyon 52 is a name known to allhalcyon 52 is a name known to allhalcyon 52 is a name known to allhalcyon 52 is a name known to allhalcyon 52 is a name known to allhalcyon 52 is a name known to allhalcyon 52 is a name known to allhalcyon 52 is a name known to allhalcyon 52 is a name known to allhalcyon 52 is a name known to allhalcyon 52 is a name known to all
Default Starter homes in Oz

One thing puzzles me. I have been on property sites and seen lots of 4X2 houses with slogans underneath such as ideal for first time buyer. Lots of people also on threads talk of starter homes. Surely if you come from the u.k and live in a 2/3 bed house then these starter homes would be ample.Another thing is if these are starter homes what are the aussies hoping to end with.

Confused
Old Jan 22nd 2006, 10:06 pm
ABCDiamond

Default Re: Starter homes in Oz

Originally Posted by halcyon 52
One thing puzzles me. I have been on property sites and seen lots of 4X2 houses with slogans underneath such as ideal for first time buyer. Lots of people also on threads talk of starter homes. Surely if you come from the u.k and live in a 2/3 bed house then these starter homes would be ample.Another thing is if these are starter homes what are the aussies hoping to end with.

Confused
The "Typical" Australian property has always been the 3/4 bed house on a quarter acre (1,000sq mtrs).

Now they must start smaller, and a number of these "starter" homes are being built 2 to a quarter acre.

If you move from a 2 bed old terraced house in the UK (about 5 to a quarter acre ?), you WILL wonder what they are on about

Old Jan 22nd 2006, 10:09 pm
Forum Regular

halcyon 52 is a name known to allhalcyon 52 is a name known to allhalcyon 52 is a name known to allhalcyon 52 is a name known to allhalcyon 52 is a name known to allhalcyon 52 is a name known to allhalcyon 52 is a name known to allhalcyon 52 is a name known to allhalcyon 52 is a name known to allhalcyon 52 is a name known to allhalcyon 52 is a name known to all
Default Re: Starter homes in Oz

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
The "Typical" Australian property has always been the 3/4 bed house on a quarter acre (1,000sq mtrs).

Now they must start smaller, and a number of these "starter" homes are being built 2 to a quarter acre.

If you move from a 2 bed old terraced house in the UK (about 5 to a quarter acre ?), you WILL wonder what they are on about
Cheers ABC, well explained - you understand the confusion.