Started the Ball rolling...

Started the Ball rolling...

Old Oct 3rd 2007, 8:59 am
Just Joined

MikeAndAli is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Started the Ball rolling...

having read many discussions i've decided to use Livein australia.com to start
the process.

As i'm an IT graduate and have 10yrs experience have gone for the skilled migration visa. I have been advised it takes about 10months (all being well), is this right ?

At the moment we are looking at Brisbane but this may change as i think it'll all depend on getting a job regardless of the city (prefer east coast)

have completed the online registration and now the wait starts.

Has anyone got any bullet points to what happens next as i seem to recall details of police checks, medicals etc etc

Many Thanks
Great Site

Mike and Ali
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 3:43 pm
Forum Regular

layla950 will become famous soon enoughlayla950 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Started the Ball rolling...

Originally Posted by MikeAndAli
having read many discussions i've decided to use Livein australia.com to start
the process.

As i'm an IT graduate and have 10yrs experience have gone for the skilled migration visa. I have been advised it takes about 10months (all being well), is this right ?

At the moment we are looking at Brisbane but this may change as i think it'll all depend on getting a job regardless of the city (prefer east coast)

have completed the online registration and now the wait starts.

Has anyone got any bullet points to what happens next as i seem to recall details of police checks, medicals etc etc

Many Thanks
Great Site

Mike and Ali
Hi Mike and Ali
We are also going on a skilled visa. OH is in IT. Our application was finaly posted 22 August after the 10 week wait for the ACS result. If you are using an agent the ACS skills assessment will be the first thing you do. If you have a degree and all formal qualifications and work experience it is very straight forward. the 10 week wait is the worst bit. While you are waiting for this, your agent should start getting your visa application ready to send off when you get your results back. Good luck with it all. Hope this helps a bit.

Lesley