Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

457 emirates baggage allowance??

457 emirates baggage allowance??

Old Sep 27th 2007, 2:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

hitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond repute
Default 457 emirates baggage allowance??

has anyone on 457 got the extra allowance ???

spoke to someone last wed and they said yes just let us know when you have bk and we will add it on yr ticket

phoned them today to be told no you cant have it as you are temp visa ???
Old Sep 28th 2007, 8:28 am
Forum Regular

kerry roarty will become famous soon enoughkerry roarty will become famous soon enough
Default Re: 457 emirates baggage allowance??

I know this is nothing to do with the 457 visa but I've just flown back from the UK, went with Emirates, which were really good. They only allow 20kg!!!!!! My case coming back to Oz was 33kg and they didn't even batter an eyelid!!!!!!! Keep my fingers crossed for you that the plane is near empty!!!!
Old Sep 28th 2007, 10:30 am
Forum Regular

paulhill is just really nicepaulhill is just really nicepaulhill is just really nicepaulhill is just really nicepaulhill is just really nicepaulhill is just really nicepaulhill is just really nicepaulhill is just really nicepaulhill is just really nice

Originally Posted by hitchcock71

spoke to someone last wed and they said yes just let us know when you have bk and we will add it on yr ticket

We flew with Emirates January 07 on a BN136 visa and we got the 40 allowance. We rang head office to confirm that we would before we set off and they issued us with an email.

Hope this helps
Old Sep 28th 2007, 11:18 am
Forum Regular

BoredinBelfast is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Tiff, if you don't mind me asking, who were you booked with? we are looking at Singapore airlines. Cheers, BiB
Old Sep 28th 2007, 11:26 am
BE Forum Addict

hitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond repute

WE ARE FLYING WITH EMIRATES ON THE 4TH NOVEMBER
Old Sep 28th 2007, 12:44 pm
Hillarys, Perth

h2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond repute

We flew on a 457 with emirates and could not get the extra allowance. We were over weight (our fault) and they wanted nearly £600 extra. That was flying out of Birmungham.
Old Sep 28th 2007, 7:52 pm

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

My OH flew with emirates on a 457 and got the allowance he phoned the head office told them it was a one way flight and that we will be shipping all our furniture etc as we were intending to go permanent they e mailed him the letter and he copied that and took it to the airport with him
Old Sep 30th 2007, 10:47 am
BE Enthusiast

midwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of light

WE ARE FLYING WITH EMIRATES ON THE 4TH NOVEMBER
Are you going via dubai? Just checking out flights for us in jan not sure when best to book, early, late I'm sure theres a thread on here about it but havent found it yet :curse:
Old Sep 30th 2007, 4:18 pm
Former Resident Visa

Jaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond repute

I got told handbags only for Hitchcockers
(sorry )
J x
Old Sep 30th 2007, 4:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by midwife2be
Are you going via dubai? Just checking out flights for us in jan not sure when best to book, early, late I'm sure theres a thread on here about it but havent found it yet :curse:
leave lhr 4th november at 10pm

dubai arrive 8am

leave dubai 1030 am

arrive perth 215am 6th november

when we went last time we found night flight was better with our little horrors as they were more likely to sleep for a few hrs

when are you looking at coming over???? early or late jan ?? it will be hot by the time you get there

love tiff
Old Sep 30th 2007, 5:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

midwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of light

We've looked at the dubai stopover but not sure if i'd rather do the biggest chunk of the journey first and then have a nice short 6 hr flight to perth!! Never been before so any advice welcome

Think it will probably be late jan, then i can start work mid feb and have a few weeks sorting out schools/house/car etc before i start havent heard from my job yet, i presume they'll be in touch with me asking when i start or do i contact them, scared if i do they'll say come now or never and i cant go yet!!!
Old Oct 1st 2007, 9:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Hi
Please find below rules for Migrant Baggage allowance

1. Cust is holding one-way tickets from the UK to Australia or New Zealand
2. Cust do not have a stopover in Dubai or elsewhere en route - they must transit straight through
3. Cust hold the correct Australian or New Zealand Migrant visa and are entering the country for the first time on that particular visa.

this is what i got from emirates this morning what is the correct visa ????
Old Oct 1st 2007, 11:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Safin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
3. Cust hold the correct Australian or New Zealand Migrant visa and are entering the country for the first time on that particular visa.

this is what i got from emirates this morning what is the correct visa ????
No doubt one you don't have....Somewhere on emirates website I read a PR but can't remember where, some seem to blag the allowance on 457 by convincing Emirates they are intending it as emigration due to shippping household etc.

Let us know by what means you convince them....I'm sure you will

Safin
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 4:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Safin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Tiff

Any news on the baggage allowance yet?