Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

The star system...

The star system...

Old Jul 18th 2005, 5:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond repute
Default The star system...

A silly question I know, but what is a forum member's star rating all about?

How do you get more stars?

Steve
Old Jul 18th 2005, 5:49 pm
Cheeky member

Ransi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The star system...

Originally Posted by Stephen Jones

Steve
You post more......when you hit 50 you get 2 stars 3 for 100 etc..
Old Jul 19th 2005, 5:07 am
NJJ
BE Forum Addict

NJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stephen Jones

Steve

Saw your post and thought it was about Astronomy LOL.

Is anyone else (other than me!) interested in this subject? I loved it last year when I was travelling around the outback with my telescope. Excellent start gazing oppurtunities exist without all the light pollution of Europe clogging up the night sky!!

NJJ
Old Jul 19th 2005, 5:25 am
Absinthe Minded

Del Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by NJJ

Is anyone else (other than me!) interested in this subject? I loved it last year when I was travelling around the outback with my telescope. Excellent start gazing oppurtunities exist without all the light pollution of Europe clogging up the night sky!!

NJJ
Did you get to the Cosmos centre in Charleville ? or maybe you didn't need to if you have your own telescope..flash git !
Old Jul 19th 2005, 5:27 am

gedge has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by NJJ

NJJ
There seems far too much LP where we are in Sydney, so the telescope sits there unused in the window, but helps us keep up the neighbourhood image.
When you get out of the city it's a different picture to what I'm used to.
It's certainly a change from standing in a Suffolk field on a cold and clear night!
Last year we went to the rock, and had a meal by starlight, there were so many of them!
Old Jul 19th 2005, 5:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NJJ

Is anyone else (other than me!) interested in this subject?
that was a very subtle thread hijack JTL
Old Jul 19th 2005, 2:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=NJJ]Saw your post and thought it was about Astronomy LOL./QUOTE]

Yeah, me too. We live semi-rural, there is no light pollution at all, in fact you can't see a thing when you step outside at night, can be a bit scary. But ideal for star-gazing - if I can persuade hubby to carry the telescope outside that is, blooming great thing is too heavy for me. Took the kids to the new planetarium in Perth during the summer school holidays last year, it was great, much better than we expected. It's located within the Sci-Tech building if anyone's interested.
Old Jul 19th 2005, 2:23 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

The more stars you've got the sadder you are.....