stamp duty

Old Jan 30th 2007, 12:01 pm
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: stamp duty

Originally Posted by tallbloke67
If you are buying your 1s house ipom do you get the home grant of $7000 and the no stamp duty? Or is it one or the other?

Martin 'nearly there'
Martin, you get both, my sweet.
Old Jan 30th 2007, 12:03 pm
visa granted 16/5/06

soonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond repute

If you are buying your 1s house ipom do you get the home grant of $7000 and the no stamp duty? Or is it one or the other?

Martin 'nearly there'
good point.....
I can't understand why no one told us this before,(the bank and mtg advisers) we have been weighing up the total costs and been totally scared off by the price with stamp duty, although the $7k is great, it doesn't actually make that much of a differnece when the stamp duty is $30k!
Old Jan 30th 2007, 12:05 pm
Forum Regular

tallbloke67 is an unknown quantity at this point

This is good news, brilliant, thanks iPom, your a star!
Old Jan 30th 2007, 12:09 pm
Account Closed

Yeah, well it's a scary figure, right?

http://www.firsthome.gov.au/

http://www.mortgageworldaustralia.co...oncessions.htm

Different concessions in different states guys, so check out where you live.

Last edited by iPom; Jan 30th 2007 at 12:13 pm.
Old Jan 30th 2007, 12:14 pm
Account Closed

This is good news, brilliant, thanks iPom, your a star!

Check out WA's current situation here. I think you get partial if you're over there.
Old Jan 30th 2007, 12:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

The Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to behold

I don't know the ins and outs of it all but I'm sure that in WA everyone pays stamp duty - even 1st time buyers (sorry ). I checked on www.myrate.com.au and the stamp duty for a 1st time buyer (house value $500k) in NSW is $0, but in WA it's $20700. What a rip-off .
Tracey
Old Jan 30th 2007, 12:22 pm
visa granted 16/5/06

soonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iPom

Check out WA's current situation here. I think you get partial if you're over there.
Thanks, that brought us down to earth with a bang... well back to reality! the house prices here far exceed those price brackets, and even the land prices are rising at such a rate that there won't be many FTB's getting any rebates...... crafty gits!
Old Jan 30th 2007, 12:23 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by The Johnstons
I don't know the ins and outs of it all but I'm sure that in WA everyone pays stamp duty - even 1st time buyers (sorry ). I checked on www.myrate.com.au and the stamp duty for a 1st time buyer (house value $500k) in NSW is $0, but in WA it's $20700. What a rip-off .
Tracey
http://www.dtf.wa.gov.au/cms/osr_content.asp?id=955

Says here there is a threshold in WA of $250K.

As you say, none in NSW, where I am. What a swizz!

Seems you WA people should consider NSW! Sorry for those of you heading there.
Old Jan 30th 2007, 12:48 pm
shoot from the hip,baby

onepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting stuff.
Anyone any ideas or links about what Melbourne offers for 1st time UK housebuyers in Oz???

*pearly*
Old Jan 30th 2007, 1:22 pm
broken but got a visa! :

katsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond repute

hiya, I looked through your link Ipom...for SA, if property is below $80,000 you get full discount...where o where will you find a property under $80,000 near civilisation??? lol

the discount decreases after $80,000 and ends at $250,000.
were not looking for a palace but i think we can expect to pay full stamp duty!

good link though, thanks xxx
Old Jan 30th 2007, 1:26 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Like many many things in Aus, make sure you check for the State that you will be living in. An awful lot of rules differ as you cross the border.
Old Jan 30th 2007, 9:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

mbike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iPom
http://www.dtf.wa.gov.au/cms/osr_content.asp?id=955

Says here there is a threshold in WA of $250K.

As you say, none in NSW, where I am. What a swizz!

Seems you WA people should consider NSW! Sorry for those of you heading there.
The 250k threshold for WA was fine when it was set back in 2002, since the median house price was much less. Given the property boom of the last few years, however, prices have now completely lost touch with the threshold. 500k seems a sensible new level (like VIC and NSW) and this is apparently what the WA gvmt will be addressing in the next few months. The time lag, meanwhile, has been very profitable for them.

Mark
Old Jan 30th 2007, 9:42 pm
Account Closed

That's excellent news, Mark. Let's hope it's upgraded before these people get out there.
Old Jan 30th 2007, 10:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

sassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond repute

Does anyone on Queesnland know when the stamp duty rebates came into effect, as I have just found this.

As of 1st January 2007 eligible first home buyers in QLD are exempt from transfer stamp duty for purchases up to $320,000 for established homes and up to $150,000 for vacant land. Partial stamp duty rebates are available to first home buyers who purchase an established home for between $320,001 and $459,999 or $150,001 to $299,999 for vacant land. For complete details please visit www.osr.qld.gov.au
Old Jan 30th 2007, 10:39 pm
Extended Member

Big Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond repute

So, to repeat, because I was never sure about this one, in NSW if you're buying your first home you qualify for both the grant ($7K) AND nil Stamp Duty - regardles off the purchase price?

Great news if it's true. You're sure?

Big.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.