Reload this Page >

Spray tans in melbourne????

Spray tans in melbourne????

Old Oct 24th 2013, 8:36 pm
Just Joined

Kirstypowles is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Spray tans in melbourne????

Hi all,

So I've been on here about 1 month now, and I'm getting the hang of this "new thread' i think I'm om my 5th one nw ;-)

The question is....

Do people still have spray tans In Melbourne???

I no the suns nice and its hot so y bother with a fake tan when you can get a real one!!!
BUT were i live now (england) i do loads of spray tans, would it be worth bringing my kit over and maybe in a couple of months when i start to make new friends offer them this and build a client base up from that?

Do salons/ beauty therapist's offer spray tans?

I am also qualified in other beauty and also hair.

Any help would be appreciated.
Old Oct 24th 2013, 10:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spray tans in melbourne????

Yes, you can easily get a spray tan here. Don't see why you can't start up a business.
Old Oct 24th 2013, 10:41 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kirstypowles
Do people still have spray tans In Melbourne???

I no the suns nice and its hot so y bother with a fake tan when you can get a real one!!!
Hot? Sun? I think I remember that...that was back in March right?

Plenty of orange people around Chapel St over winter so I'm pretty sure spray tans are popular!
Old Oct 25th 2013, 6:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Red_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond repute

Hasn't Victoria also banned salon sunbeds? Spray tans could be good business!
Old Oct 25th 2013, 11:00 am
Aussie Finn Mixture!

Location: Leschenault WA (after few locations around WA and Around Europe!)
teza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond repute

Except most chain pharmacies such as larger chemarts etc offer them, as do beauty salons, unfortunately dime a dozen service. That's not to say you can't start a business with ith it but I'd google first how many locals already offer it.
Old Oct 25th 2013, 12:35 pm
Banned

ainitcskarachi is an unknown quantity at this point

Artificial tan have been linked to cancer in studies, imo you should stick to your natural color as these days sun tan also create cancer.
Old Oct 25th 2013, 1:02 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ainitcskarachi
Artificial tan have been linked to cancer in studies, imo you should stick to your natural color as these days sun tan also create cancer.
Can you please provide a link to a study that concludes fake tans cause cancer? Thanks
Old Oct 25th 2013, 1:23 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Can you please provide a link to a study that concludes fake tans cause cancer? Thanks
You took the words out of my mouth.
Old Oct 25th 2013, 1:28 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
You took the words out of my mouth.
Give me truth or give me - shite!
Old Oct 25th 2013, 3:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
"We need to know more about possible long-term effects of products that contain DHA and the possible side-effects of spraying fake tan onto the body. For the moment, what we know tells us that applying a fake tan product to your skin is safer than tanning in the sun or under a sunbed."

But of course not as safe as not tanning in the sun, not going under a sunbed and not applying a fake tan!

http://www.sunsmart.org.uk/advice-an...ntion/faketan/

FWIW, from this male's perspective, an orange tan draws attention to it being fake (a bit in a way a bad wig does). No doubt there are fake products which approach a natural tan but I'd guess they cost a lot.
Old Oct 25th 2013, 4:19 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by OzTennis
"We need to know more about possible long-term effects of products that contain DHA and the possible side-effects of spraying fake tan onto the body. For the moment, what we know tells us that applying a fake tan product to your skin is safer than tanning in the sun or under a sunbed."

But of course not as safe as not tanning in the sun, not going under a sunbed and not applying a fake tan!

http://www.sunsmart.org.uk/advice-an...ntion/faketan/

FWIW, from this male's perspective, an orange tan draws attention to it being fake (a bit in a way a bad wig does). No doubt there are fake products which approach a natural tan but I'd guess they cost a lot.
Interesting read Oz, but there's no mention of fake tans causing cancer, as another poster previously suggested. Laughing at your 'orange tan' comments - the first thing that hits scouse and I when we visit Liverpool is the orange people
Old Oct 25th 2013, 10:43 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for all your replies. As to it causing cancer i honestly can say i think that is a load of rubbish to be honest. the ingredients to self tan/spray ten is that low that even pregnant women have them done (even in the first trimester) its the safest thing going. i think your more like to get cancer with just the pollution in the air as to getting a spray tan :-/. i will do some research but i love them and always have them done. I've even taught my husband how to do them so i don't waste money on getting them done else where. so even if i just do my self forever and ever it pays for itself. xxxx
Old Oct 27th 2013, 5:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Mummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to all

Kirsty are you in Melbourne yet? Pm me any details as on the lookout for a new hairdresser. Also any other beauty you do.
Old Oct 27th 2013, 8:07 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Mummy3
Kirsty are you in Melbourne yet? Pm me any details as on the lookout for a new hairdresser. Also any other beauty you do.
hi mummy3,

I don't no how to pm lol I arrive in january. i don't suppose you will need anyone then will you?

Im currently finishing my NVQ 2 in barbering, i have qualified in my NVQ1 in womens hair, but am not stupid, i no how to do a lot of other things in level 2 and 3 . i will hopefully be carrying on my leaning once i get out there aswel.

I have my spray tan qualification, waxing, gellux nails and my individual eyelash. Again, wanting to carry this on more when i arrive!!

I would even consider doing voluntary work for a few weeks to see if I'm the right person for your salon.

if you need anymore information heres my email ; <snip>
Thanks Kirsty xxxxx

Last edited by old.sparkles; Oct 27th 2013 at 8:10 am. Reason: Removed personal info - members can email through BE
Old Oct 27th 2013, 8:13 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kirstypowles
hi mummy3,

I don't no how to pm lol I arrive in january. i don't suppose you will need anyone then will you?

Im currently finishing my NVQ 2 in barbering, i have qualified in my NVQ1 in womens hair, but am not stupid, i no how to do a lot of other things in level 2 and 3 . i will hopefully be carrying on my leaning once i get out there aswel.

I have my spray tan qualification, waxing, gellux nails and my individual eyelash. Again, wanting to carry this on more when i arrive!!

I would even consider doing voluntary work for a few weeks to see if I'm the right person for your salon.

if you need anymore information heres my email ; <snip>
Thanks Kirsty xxxxx
Kirsty - I've removed the email as it's not a good idea for open forum. Members can email you through BE - or pm you. To send a pm yourself, if you click on members name you get a drop down menu which includes 'send a private message to..'

There are a couple of other ways - from the my profile, and compose message (my profile is in the peachy coloured button bar), and also in the top right by your user name you should see a private messages link.

Hope that helps

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.