Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sports therapy as a Job

Sports therapy as a Job

Old Sep 25th 2004, 7:32 pm
Just Joined

in_adaze is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Sports therapy as a Job

Is there any one out there who can give me other alf some advice. She is a personal trainer/ sports massage therapist. Any details of professional organisations or other potential job specific details would be very usefull. We are arriving in Brisbane at the end of November.
Cheers
Old Sep 27th 2004, 6:02 pm
Forum Regular

paula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Sports therapy as a Job

Originally Posted by in_adaze
Is there any one out there who can give me other alf some advice. She is a personal trainer/ sports massage therapist. Any details of professional organisations or other potential job specific details would be very usefull. We are arriving in Brisbane at the end of November.
Cheers

Hi there, my names Danny, Paula's other half. Ive never been on this before, but my wife spends half of her life on it.
I see that your a Sports Therapist, Ive been a qualified Sports injury therapist, & massage therapist for 4 years now, & we are moving to Coffs Harbour in January 2005, my wife has found a few agency web sites around Australia, & also a few vacancies at health farms on other web sites, she said she would look them up & write to you tomorrow.
Good luck

Danny
Old Sep 28th 2004, 9:15 pm
Just Joined

in_adaze is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by paula 1
Hi there, my names Danny, Paula's other half. Ive never been on this before, but my wife spends half of her life on it.
I see that your a Sports Therapist, Ive been a qualified Sports injury therapist, & massage therapist for 4 years now, & we are moving to Coffs Harbour in January 2005, my wife has found a few agency web sites around Australia, & also a few vacancies at health farms on other web sites, she said she would look them up & write to you tomorrow.
Good luck

Danny
Danny
Great news!
Any details she can muster up would be most appreciated. Myself and Jo (the sports therapist) are very new to this as well. Look forward to the info...
Coffs harbour?

All the best for the move
Ady
Old Oct 4th 2004, 9:06 pm
Forum Regular

paula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by in_adaze
Danny
Great news!
Any details she can muster up would be most appreciated. Myself and Jo (the sports therapist) are very new to this as well. Look forward to the info...
Coffs harbour?

All the best for the move
Ady

Hi Ady

Sorry for the delay, computer playing us up Big Time also been away for a few days, just sent you a PM.

Thanks Paula
Old Nov 7th 2004, 6:44 pm
Just Joined

JaneConnolly is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: Sports therapy as a Job

Originally Posted by paula 1
Good luck

Danny
Hi Danny & Paula, we would also appreciate the same info my husband, Shay is a Sports Therapist and we are looking to move to Perth 2006, I don't have a problem with work as a nurse but we are wondering what is out there for Shay and what qualifications would be recognised etc,
many thanks Jane
Old Nov 7th 2004, 7:43 pm
Forum Regular

Smile Re: Sports therapy as a Job

Originally Posted by JaneConnolly
Hi Danny & Paula, we would also appreciate the same info my husband, Shay is a Sports Therapist and we are looking to move to Perth 2006, I don't have a problem with work as a nurse but we are wondering what is out there for Shay and what qualifications would be recognised etc,
many thanks Jane
Hi Jane & Shay

I'll get Danny to sort that out tomorr for you, I do know that when Danny had his qualifications looked into, Vetasses told him, he would be classes as a Massage Therapist in Oz, also when you go onto job website's you can also look under Natural Therapist.
What part of Herts do you live in?? We live in Welwyn Garden City (any where near) also where does Shay work??
Look forward to hearing from you soon, PM us if you like, rather than blocking this thread.
Thanks Paula