Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sport in Perth ??

Sport in Perth ??

Old Feb 17th 2007, 8:31 am
Forum Regular

GTFC is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Sport in Perth ??

My partner and I are visiting Perth prior to moving at the end of the year (hopefully). We would love to see some live sport ! Any idea what sports are in season at the moment ? we are in perth between 23rd Feb and 10th March.

Wea er both intrested in football, rugby and could even be tempted to watch some aussie rules !

Any help would be gratefully accepted

cheers Sean
Old Feb 17th 2007, 11:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Paul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to all
Default Re: Sport in Perth ??

Originally Posted by GTFC
My partner and I are visiting Perth prior to moving at the end of the year (hopefully). We would love to see some live sport ! Any idea what sports are in season at the moment ? we are in perth between 23rd Feb and 10th March.

Wea er both intrested in football, rugby and could even be tempted to watch some aussie rules !

cheers Sean
Looks like there are 2 home games for the Western Force (Super 14 rugby) during your stay...one the day after you arrive and one the day before you leave!

http://www.rugbywa.com.au/2007_s14_fixtures,50788.html
Old Feb 17th 2007, 12:25 pm
Forum Regular

Cheers,

i had already spotted them, unfortunate we are booked into a restaurant for the first game then staying with friends for the last game. Thanks anyway
Old Feb 18th 2007, 11:44 pm
Living in Perthection

steve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers,

i had already spotted them, unfortunate we are booked into a restaurant for the first game then staying with friends for the last game. Thanks anyway
Cancel the Restaurant! The game this Saturday will be well worth going to, the Force are back from South Africa with 2 wins under their belt, aiming for 3 in a row and their first ever home victory, expectation will be high and its a Saturday night game (normally Friday night) so we should get a good crowd in.
Otherwise given your schedule the only thing I can think of that you could go to is the pre-season cup game this Sunday afternoon between the Eagles and the Dockers at Subi, I dont think it normally sells out, but it may of done given the Eagles won the flag last year.
Old Feb 19th 2007, 9:34 am
Forum Regular

Cheers Steve,

Don't think i'll persuade her to give up the restaurnat booking but we might try catch the game on sunday afternoon.

Cheers Sean
Old Feb 19th 2007, 10:26 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

cheers Sean
You are pretty much in between seasons with those dates. The A League finished on Sunday, AFL proper doesn't start for a few weeks, Wildcats were eliminated in the basketball the other night and the cricket season is down to the finals now. The V8's are in late March.

How about the Ealges - Dockers in the pre-season cup on Sunday (assuming you can get tickets)
Old Feb 19th 2007, 11:11 am
Forum Regular

I'll try for tickets for the sunday game. When does the football (soccer) season start ? wonder if there are any pre season friendlys? I'm not that bothered about the standard, i am a Grimsby Town fan after all !!
Old Feb 19th 2007, 11:40 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

I'll try for tickets for the sunday game. When does the football (soccer) season start ? wonder if there are any pre season friendlys? I'm not that bothered about the standard, i am a Grimsby Town fan after all !!
It is probably not much above Grimsby standards - especially the Glory this season.

They have a very short season here due to there only being 8 teams (play 3 times each in regular season) so it only runs August - February.