Sponsoring Mother in law-need your advice

Sponsoring Mother in law-need your advice

Old Jul 27th 2006, 10:16 am
Forum Regular

Kuntralal is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Sponsoring Mother in law-need your advice

Guys,

I need you suggestion on this.

Me and my wife are expecting our third child in September and desperately want my mother-in-law to be here to help us during this time. Here is our situation in short..

I moved here with my spouse and two kids with PR visa from USA on last July. I joined my current job in Sydney on last October. We have no family and close friend here in Australia, who can take care of our two kids who are six and three years old respectively. during the six months time right before and after the birth of our third child. Both of our kids were born in a US hospital through the caesarian or c-section and therefore the local doctors and midwives here confirmed that the third one will also be a selective c-section. Doctors at the hospital already assured us that it will be a selective “caesarian” process and there are no possible ways to over turn that.

During the birth processes of our child she experienced vertical incisions that make her crippled for at least four months on each instances. This one will be no exception. Besides after every birth she suffered from severe post partum depression that makes it harder for the rest of the family to cope with during that time without any assistance from a close relative.

In US I had my brother in law and my wife’s uncle who helped us tremendously day in and day out basis to go through that difficult time. Here we are out of luck from getting such help. With my job and eldest kid’s school it will be impossible for us to take of my wife for the first six months that she needs the most assistance with the new born.

In these situation, the presence of my kid’s grandma (my mum died long time ago) can give us a huge relief that is impossible to get otherwise. We can leave my kids with her while my wife is in the hospital and have her take care of the kids and my wife along with the new born in the first six months from the birth.

My mother in law visited us in US twice and she never overstayed her visa. She wants to come her in order to relief her daughter instead of visiting her other son in Canada.

I just saw that you can't sponsor any in-laws under the family sponsorship category. My wife never worked since we arrived here. So my question will be:

1) What are the chances for my mother in law to get a 3 or 6 months visa?
2)What amount of bond money will they be asking for (it could be between AU$5000-AU$15000 or any amount)?
3)You think I am eligibe to sponsor her (as her son-in-law)?
4)What will be the current processing time?

I always got honest advise from here. I am relying on your advice on this. Please help me with your thoughtful input .

Thanks again.
Old Jul 27th 2006, 3:05 pm
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sponsoring Mother in law-need your advice

Why does she not apply for a tourist visa (subclass 676)? This would allow her to stay for 6 months.

Have a look here:
http://www.immi.gov.au/visitors/tourist/676/index.htm

Scroll to the bottom of the above page and click on step 2 (how this visa works), step 3 (eligibility), step 4 (obligations), step 5 (applying for this visa).

If the above isn't an option, she could apply for the 3 months visa. Depending on her own passport, she can just apply for an ETA (electronic travel authority). See here: http://www.eta.immi.gov.au/

Gina
Old Jul 27th 2006, 5:01 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

A tourist visa makes the most sense. My mother went over to Brisbane when my sister had her children and stayed for 3 or 4 months each time. If your mother in law is from US, she could apply electronically. I know our travel agent said they could get our tourist visas for us when they booked our tickets.
Good luck with the new baby and all.
Old Jul 28th 2006, 1:22 am
Forum Regular

Kuntralal is an unknown quantity at this point

Unfortunately my Mother in law is from a South Asian background and she need visa to come here as tourist and I know that getting that will be even harder. Can my wife be the sponsor (she is not working though)?.

Please advise.

Originally Posted by dotnron
A tourist visa makes the most sense. My mother went over to Brisbane when my sister had her children and stayed for 3 or 4 months each time. If your mother in law is from US, she could apply electronically. I know our travel agent said they could get our tourist visas for us when they booked our tickets.
Good luck with the new baby and all.
Old Jul 28th 2006, 12:09 pm
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

Can I suggest you read the information in the links I gave you above.

Gina
Old Jul 28th 2006, 12:16 pm
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kuntralal
Unfortunately my Mother in law is from a South Asian background and she need visa to come here as tourist and I know that getting that will be even harder. Can my wife be the sponsor (she is not working though)?.

Please advise.
My MIL is also from South Asia and she came over to the UK to assist on the birth of our daughter. The same question came up over her coming to Oz and she can get a tourist visa for 6 months. There is also a category for compassionate reasons such as your case. We didnt need C section - even with 9 pound 10 baby girl. Totally natural.
Old Jul 28th 2006, 12:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Kuntralal]Guys,

I need you suggestion on this

Hi,

If you would like our migration agent to contact you directly we would be pleased to assist you with your questions and concerns.

Please P.M me if you need any further assistance.

Regards

Tony

www.platinumrelocations.com.au