Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

The Eagle Has Landed

The Eagle Has Landed

Old Jul 25th 2006, 10:59 am
Sunning it up in Benowa

Location: Body in benowa, Mind in Benowa, the whole fricking thing in benowa MAN !!!!!
Jane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond repute
Default The Eagle Has Landed

Well not the eagle, but certainly the Middletons.

We have been here about 5 weeks now, started in Main beach, Scalinada Apartments, ideal starting place, a little bit basic but cheap enough and have all the mod cons.

We now are renting a 3 bedroom house with double garage and a pool in Benowa, lovely fantastic location love it.

Have bought a car, just a little one (3.5 v6), we should be recieving our container any day......Yipee.

decided to change my career path so am now looking for work that doesnt entail cooking

Medicare no problems, was expecting a horror story there, taxfile number took for ever, but got it now.

Oh and failed our driving theory test

Kids go to Benowa state school, they have settled in really well, both really enjoy the amount of sports they do out here in the schools.

Good luck to all those still waiting, it will come to us all in the end, dont worry.

J & R
Old Jul 25th 2006, 11:30 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Eagle Has Landed

Originally Posted by Jane and Russ Middleton

We have been here about 5 weeks now, started in Main beach, Scalinada Apartments, ideal starting place, a little bit basic but cheap enough and have all the mod cons.

We now are renting a 3 bedroom house with double garage and a pool in Benowa, lovely fantastic location love it.

Have bought a car, just a little one (3.5 v6), we should be recieving our container any day......Yipee.

decided to change my career path so am now looking for work that doesnt entail cooking

Medicare no problems, was expecting a horror story there, taxfile number took for ever, but got it now.

Kids go to Benowa state school, they have settled in really well, both really enjoy the amount of sports they do out here in the schools.

Good luck to all those still waiting, it will come to us all in the end, dont worry.

J & R
Nice one guys, glad you're settling in. Awaiting my TFN too.
Old Jul 25th 2006, 12:59 pm
Sunning it up in Benowa

Location: Body in benowa, Mind in Benowa, the whole fricking thing in benowa MAN !!!!!
Jane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hutch

yes ours really only took about 3 weeks !!! but as far as Medicare and getting house sorted, all was fine..... very basic and easy even for us
Jane
xx
Old Jul 25th 2006, 1:56 pm
Chocoholic

Juliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond repute

Glad you're settling in ok.
Keep us updated please

Julie. x
Old Jul 25th 2006, 6:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

teejay66 has a reputation beyond reputeteejay66 has a reputation beyond reputeteejay66 has a reputation beyond reputeteejay66 has a reputation beyond reputeteejay66 has a reputation beyond reputeteejay66 has a reputation beyond reputeteejay66 has a reputation beyond reputeteejay66 has a reputation beyond reputeteejay66 has a reputation beyond reputeteejay66 has a reputation beyond reputeteejay66 has a reputation beyond repute

yes ours really only took about 3 weeks !!! but as far as Medicare and getting house sorted, all was fine..... very basic and easy even for us
Jane
xx
Hey Alryyyyyyt

How ya bin

Good to see you back on here at last. Got ur txt earlier. Perhaps we can chat loads now.

Miss ya Babe

T
Old Jul 25th 2006, 11:09 pm
Sunning it up in Benowa

Originally Posted by teejay66
Hey Alryyyyyyt

How ya bin

Good to see you back on here at last. Got ur txt earlier. Perhaps we can chat loads now.

Miss ya Babe

T
Thanks Hunny,
we still finding it a little surreal, we were sooooooo busy the first couple of weeks but I think if you take it all in your stride it kinda takes away the stress that you may feel... we saw Sara and graham when they arrived which was fab, and have spokent to them a few times...... they have found a house now too so it really doesn't take long.
we got out tax file numbers yesterday so we are going to move our money now...(you get taxed otherwise, you claim it back but we decided to wait till we didn't have to)
Once you get into your house and make it 'yours' then you can make it feel homely.... I can't wait till we get our stuff (god I hope its not broken !!!!) it'll be like xmas....
We are sooooooooo looking forward to you coming out I really do miss my friends but am making new ones... it's the familiarity you miss, not much else !! lol
Love ya hun
Jane
xx
Old Jul 26th 2006, 12:06 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Jane, glad you've settled quick. It does help.

Let me have your number and we can hook up one day
Old Jul 26th 2006, 1:34 am
BE Enthusiast

JohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of light

J & R
Glad everything's going okay for you. Hope to meet you maybe at the Pac Pines or Benowa meets? Michelle (in Robina) x
Old Jul 26th 2006, 11:54 am
Sunning it up in Benowa

Originally Posted by JohnandMichelle
Glad everything's going okay for you. Hope to meet you maybe at the Pac Pines or Benowa meets? Michelle (in Robina) x

Hi Michelle,

yes we are planning on making both meets, but its my birthday the day after the Pac Pines one so may see if Russ is planning a special weekend away !!!!!!!!

Hey Y'never know lol

See you at the Benowa Tavern one

Jane
xx
Old Jul 26th 2006, 11:56 am
Sunning it up in Benowa

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Hi Jane, glad you've settled quick. It does help.

Let me have your number and we can hook up one day

hi Penny,

We are here finally....... Willl meet up with you at one of the meets, I know Leah is also keen to meet up with the girls
Look forward to seeing you all, will pm my number to you
Jane
XX
Old Jul 26th 2006, 1:31 pm
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hutch
Me too...

You bought a 3.5 V6? Fuel prices of no significance then?

We just bought a 2.0L Grand Vitara today (only 9 months old) but I wanted to buy the 2.7L v6 Prestige model but the other half made me see sense.....

We also managed to secure a 3 bedroom split level house in "The Links" in Carina yesterday and we are moving in on the 16th August. Sooo tired too after spending all day in Harvey Normal looking at just about everything a house needs....Bloody expensive too....

Apparently, the Pythons like to hang out on our complex...Nice...

Last edited by DunRoaminTheUK; Jul 26th 2006 at 1:34 pm.
Old Jul 26th 2006, 1:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

mickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud of

Hi Jane

Hope all is going well, keep us posted

Mick
Old Jul 27th 2006, 11:39 am
Sunning it up in Benowa

Originally Posted by DunRoaminTheUK
Me too...

You bought a 3.5 V6? Fuel prices of no significance then?

We just bought a 2.0L Grand Vitara today (only 9 months old) but I wanted to buy the 2.7L v6 Prestige model but the other half made me see sense.....

We also managed to secure a 3 bedroom split level house in "The Links" in Carina yesterday and we are moving in on the 16th August. Sooo tired too after spending all day in Harvey Normal looking at just about everything a house needs....Bloody expensive too....

Apparently, the Pythons like to hang out on our complex...Nice...

Yes he did get his own way with the car !!.... But hey I got my own way with the house and furniture !!!!
Harvey Normal !! lol is ok but don't you find them all very similar ??
I liked freedom furniture and of course we have Ikea towards brisbane , we had a good spend in there....
i have to say I have really enjoyed choosing our stuff for our new life, and I think we will be happy here, our kids went to a neighbours today for dinner and I can see we are going to make some fab friends and life
Plus we have our own pool.... what more can a girl ask

Jane
xx
Old Jul 27th 2006, 11:42 am
Sunning it up in Benowa

Originally Posted by mickagnew
Hi Jane

Hope all is going well, keep us posted

Mick

Hi Mick nice to hear from you.... I see you are organizing another meet, good luck with it I am sure it will be a good one.
will sit down properly and let you know what we have been up to
It will be your turn very soon
Jane
xx
Old Jul 27th 2006, 11:55 am
BE Enthusiast

gina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond repute

J & R

hi jane glad youve landed are you going to the meet?

hugs geex

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.