Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Spiders - how bad..........really !

Spiders - how bad..........really !

Old Sep 7th 2006, 2:58 pm
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spiders - how bad..........really !

jeez this is not good reading for us,if there was a spider that big in our house that would be it,i could not go near it and i know the wife wouldn't.
we have a house in turkey and its bad enough there with the bloody cockroaches,i used over 20 tubes of mastic trying to fill all the gaps in the house its virtually air tight but the critters still get in.we dont even like them,but a six inch spider thats a completely different league altogether,this might sound crazy but we would have to go out the house until we had got it out.
this is a serious problem for our lot.

:scared:
Old Sep 7th 2006, 3:03 pm
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aston man
jeez this is not good reading for us,if there was a spider that big in our house that would be it,i could not go near it and i know the wife wouldn't.
we have a house in turkey and its bad enough there with the bloody cockroaches,i used over 20 tubes of mastic trying to fill all the gaps in the house its virtually air tight but the critters still get in.we dont even like them,but a six inch spider thats a completely different league altogether,this might sound crazy but we would have to go out the house until we had got it out.

jeez i have just seen the add for spider catcher,how big are the bloody things. :scared:
Old Sep 7th 2006, 3:10 pm
Banned

[QUOTE=aston man]jeez this is not good reading for us,if there was a spider that big in our house that would be it,i could not go near it and i know the wife wouldn't.

:scared: :scared:
Old Sep 7th 2006, 3:14 pm
sel
~~~

sel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aston man
jeez i have just seen the add for spider catcher,how big are the bloody things. :scared:
I have just measured the hunstman that is, i might add, on the OUTSIDE of our glass patio door...

Head to bum 3cm and across toe to toe 9cm :scared:
Old Sep 7th 2006, 3:20 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by sel
I have just measured the hunstman that is, i might add, on the OUTSIDE of our glass patio door...

Head to bum 3cm and across toe to toe 9cm :scared:
thanks sel this one must be its dad

:scared: :scared:
Old Sep 7th 2006, 3:27 pm
sel
~~~

sel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond repute

Thing is, this spider is there between the screen door and glass RIGHT NOW AS WE SPEAK !!! I dont want to go outside cos it means walking past the devils spawn and I was foolishly comforted by the thought that they only came out at night so I would be safe during daylight hours
Old Sep 7th 2006, 3:35 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by sel
Thing is, this spider is there between the screen door and glass RIGHT NOW AS WE SPEAK !!! I dont want to go outside cos it means walking past the devils spawn and I was foolishly comforted by the thought that they only came out at night so I would be safe during daylight hours
sel its 4.30 in the morning here .please tell me im having a nightmare and i am really asleep
Old Sep 7th 2006, 3:39 pm
Forum Regular

christinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sel

Aww Sel u only have to worry if it starts hissing at u lol
Old Sep 7th 2006, 3:44 pm
sel
~~~

Seriously though when we lived in the suburbs I did not see any huntsman spiders only a few daddy long legs and a garden spider and a couple of little lizards.

It has only been since we moved to acreage property that we have met alot more wildlife. So far we have seen a huge golden orb, family of blue tongue lizards, huntsman spiders, garden spiders, gecko's, redbacks and assortment of beetles.

Although I would probably have a heart attack if a spider crawled on me, I dont mind them being around (just as well really) and love where we live. Anyway we have been told, its the snakes we need to watch out for !!!
Old Sep 7th 2006, 3:46 pm
sel
~~~

Originally Posted by christinabell
Aww Sel u only have to worry if it starts hissing at u lol
I have already gone through the paranoia of it being the same spider thats come to get me :scared:
Old Sep 7th 2006, 8:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

kato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
Cheers Vash,
At least I can settle my fears now knowing there is one less spider but a dozen more scary things out there after reading these posts..........don't you people want us brits there anymore........hehehe

Nici
Old Sep 7th 2006, 8:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

kato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond repute

Are you lot having a bloody laugh................JUMPING SPIDERS THAT HISS.......Crikey!!!!!
When I said you should try getting used to them I meant little itsy bitsy things not bloody gigantic gits. 3 cm long. What the f***.
Seriously though, can I have the house sprayed to keep all the spiders out or will I have to suffer them?? And thanks for putting the pics up, i scrolled down and nearly fell of the chair.

Is it that bad all over or is WA a little better (please say it is)

Nici
Old Sep 7th 2006, 8:28 pm
Forum Regular

sharon45 is a jewel in the roughsharon45 is a jewel in the roughsharon45 is a jewel in the roughsharon45 is a jewel in the roughsharon45 is a jewel in the rough

hi
using a sonic plug in here for field mice and spiders :scared: working a treat .would they work in oz do ya think????
had to do something after mice rang over our heads whilst in bed.
it only happens in winter as the little beggers come in from the cold.
Sharon
Old Sep 7th 2006, 8:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by sharon45
hi
using a sonic plug in here for field mice and spiders :scared: working a treat .would they work in oz do ya think????
had to do something after mice rang over our heads whilst in bed.
it only happens in winter as the little beggers come in from the cold.
Sharon
Hi Sharon,

Well if it works then let me know. You could make a killing selling them online
Nici
Old Sep 7th 2006, 8:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

DianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by lizajeanoz
I garden quite a bit - wear clothes and shoes, and use lots of common sense when picking things up.
Note to self, remember to wear clothes when gardening

Seriously, after reading this thread I'm off to cancel my flights as we speak.
Jumping spiders? JUMPING SPIDERS? :scared: :scared: :scared:
I'm going to have to be in a permanent state of just to get through the day out there

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.