Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Spiders - how bad..........really !

Wikiposts

Spiders - how bad..........really !

Old Sep 7th 2006, 8:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

kato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spiders - how bad..........really !

[QUOTE=DianneH68]Note to self, remember to wear clothes when gardening

Seriously, after reading this thread I'm off to cancel my flights as we speak.
Jumping spiders? JUMPING SPIDERS?

Lets just contact the brewery now and get stocked up
Nici
Old Sep 7th 2006, 8:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Irish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond repute

I seen my 1st red back today. its really small with red going down its back and onto 2 of its back legs :scared:
Old Sep 7th 2006, 10:59 pm
Account Closed

Paul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant future

Seen 2 Huntsman spiders in the 6 months we've been here. One in the garage and one on the wall in the hallway of old rental.

Both too big to fit a pint glass over so they got the thong! ...
Old Sep 7th 2006, 11:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

ianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Irish Aussie Teen
I seen my 1st red back today. its really small with red going down its back and onto 2 of its back legs :scared:
where was it and did you squash it? (if it was anywhere intimate PLEEEEASE don't go there!)
Old Sep 7th 2006, 11:02 pm
Cleveland, Bayside

Rich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond repute

Been here 12 months today and not seen a thing in our house. Seen them in other peoples but not in ours. We did have a problem with cockroaches when we first moved in but the BUGS GALORE man soon got rid of them.

We get more birds than anything, of different variety.

If I did ever see a huntsman in our house I think Id shoot myself :scared: LOL

Ang
Old Sep 7th 2006, 11:08 pm
Account Closed

Paul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant future

Not to forget the 2" roach that got into the dishwasher ...

Old Sep 7th 2006, 11:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Irish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ianandhelena
where was it and did you squash it? (if it was anywhere intimate PLEEEEASE don't go there!)
It was in school in the kitchens! One of the guys in my class pretended he picked it up and chased me round the class but when i realised he wasnt holding it he went over and stood on it!
Old Sep 8th 2006, 1:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paul&Nic
Seen 2 Huntsman spiders in the 6 months we've been here. One in the garage and one on the wall in the hallway of old rental.

Both too big to fit a pint glass over so they got the thong! ...
Going off the subject i know but LOVE your avatar
Old Sep 8th 2006, 1:08 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by curly
Going off the subject i know but LOVE your avatar
I seem to change my avatar like the wind these days so your welcome to it if you want?
Old Sep 8th 2006, 1:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Craig822 has a spectacular aura aboutCraig822 has a spectacular aura aboutCraig822 has a spectacular aura about

Hi

Apparently Camel Spiders are the big thing over here but I haven't seen any yet. As big as your hand they shelter in dark places and when disturbed will CHASE you for ages just to shelter in your shadow! :scared: They're also as fast as Linford Christie too (or so I'm told)

Anyway spiders are small fry. This little bugger crawled out from underneath my chair the other day - now that's some SERIOUS sh*t :scared: :scared:
Attached Thumbnails Spiders - how bad..........really !-scorpion.jpg  
Old Sep 8th 2006, 2:05 am
WA country gal

freckles is a name known to allfreckles is a name known to allfreckles is a name known to allfreckles is a name known to allfreckles is a name known to allfreckles is a name known to allfreckles is a name known to allfreckles is a name known to allfreckles is a name known to allfreckles is a name known to allfreckles is a name known to all

Spiders have been okay so far here in the SouthWest of W.A, but last week i woke up in the middle of the night because there was a big big cockroach crawling in my neck. In my bed!! How disgusting!!!! Made my husband put up the mozzie screen around the bed at 3am in the morning. Wildlife okay, insects... out!
Old Sep 8th 2006, 2:22 am
BE Forum Addict

kato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by freckles
Spiders have been okay so far here in the SouthWest of W.A, but last week i woke up in the middle of the night because there was a big big cockroach crawling in my neck. In my bed!! How disgusting!!!! Made my husband put up the mozzie screen around the bed at 3am in the morning. Wildlife okay, insects... out!
Hi Freckles,

Great news. I can cope with the insects, just not spiders of any description. Saying that, I will let you know when we are coming over and maybe you can lend us your mozzie screen.
P.s Does it keep pesky husbands at bay........

Nici
Old Sep 8th 2006, 10:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Craig822
Hi

Apparently Camel Spiders are the big thing over here but I haven't seen any yet. As big as your hand they shelter in dark places and when disturbed will CHASE you for ages just to shelter in your shadow! :scared: They're also as fast as Linford Christie too (or so I'm told)

Anyway spiders are small fry. This little bugger crawled out from underneath my chair the other day - now that's some SERIOUS sh*t :scared: :scared:
:scared:
Old Sep 8th 2006, 12:50 pm
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

Here is a few pics I took.

Bit hard to get scale, but the huntsman was a Big one.
Attached Thumbnails Spiders - how bad..........really !-huntsmall.jpg   Spiders - how bad..........really !-orbsmall.jpg  
Old Sep 8th 2006, 4:50 pm
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by themerlin
Here is a few pics I took.

Bit hard to get scale, but the huntsman was a Big one.

can i just ask and then all you people that have had the experience can help all us people out that haven't.

if there is a huntsman spider in your house,or even worse a snake,apart from bricking yourself.

what do you do?once you have done it once folks thats it!!i am siht scared of them but we have just got to get on with it and do the job in hand.

i am sure if we help each other out we can get through it!!
at the end of the day the old huntsman is a true ozzy and i suppose like everything else in oz its something you will have to get used to.

pps.i am trying to convince myself
bye the way,has anyone else noticed,when your on this topic you feel like things are crawling on you,or is it just me???? :scared:

Last edited by aston man; Sep 8th 2006 at 5:03 pm.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.