Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Speech Therapy in WA

Speech Therapy in WA

Old Aug 16th 2008, 2:04 pm
Forum Regular

Madhouse is a name known to allMadhouse is a name known to allMadhouse is a name known to allMadhouse is a name known to allMadhouse is a name known to allMadhouse is a name known to allMadhouse is a name known to allMadhouse is a name known to allMadhouse is a name known to allMadhouse is a name known to allMadhouse is a name known to all
Default Speech Therapy in WA

We are moving to Perth in November and have a 4 year old who is attending regular speech therapy in the UK. Does anyone know how we go about getting him to a therapist in WA? Is it provided by the State or will we have to fund it ourselves? Does he have to be referred?

Any insights/experiences gratefully received!
Old Aug 17th 2008, 5:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

clougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Speech Therapy in WA

Hi,

I'm not an expert but my niece was referred by a paediatrician and was told to go private while waiting. I think it was $60 per session and she didn't get into the state system for at least a year.

Jo
Old Aug 17th 2008, 7:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

eve209 is a name known to alleve209 is a name known to alleve209 is a name known to alleve209 is a name known to alleve209 is a name known to alleve209 is a name known to alleve209 is a name known to alleve209 is a name known to alleve209 is a name known to alleve209 is a name known to alleve209 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Madhouse
We are moving to Perth in November and have a 4 year old who is attending regular speech therapy in the UK. Does anyone know how we go about getting him to a therapist in WA? Is it provided by the State or will we have to fund it ourselves? Does he have to be referred?

Any insights/experiences gratefully received!
Cant help you but would appreciate it if you would allow me to be a little bit nosey,

Did you have any problems with the medicals for your 4 year old? I only ask because you have mentioned speech therapy.

Eve x
Old Aug 18th 2008, 1:22 am
Just enjoying being here

rebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud of

I'm in Qld so it may be different but also told to go private as waiting list very long for speech therapy. You don't need a referral to go private but for public we had a referral from the school nurse. Although we had to go private the school nurse did provide a list of recommended speech therapists. Maybe if you are already having speech therapy you should ask to see the school nurse or a GP to get started.