Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

The Specials Enmore Theatre

The Specials Enmore Theatre

Old Jul 29th 2009, 1:47 am
Just Joined

AusS2000 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: The Specials Enmore Theatre

Yeah we had an absolute blast. They are so dynamic and energetic, well except Terry who still looks like he is overdoing the valium.

My gf really enjoyed it even though she had never heard any of the songs nor experienced that culture before.

We were at the back of the front section a couple of rows in front of the barricade.

Old Jul 29th 2009, 2:39 am
BE Forum Addict

pompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to behold

nice pic! we were behind the barrier, its a good venue though, not too big.
Old Jul 29th 2009, 2:54 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by pompeyblonde
nice pic! we were behind the barrier, its a good venue though, not too big.
I love the Enmore. Has so much more atmosphere than the Ent Cent or anything at Homebush.

Umm, mind if I ask how old you are? You don't look old enough to have enjoyed the Specials first time around.
Old Jul 29th 2009, 3:24 am
BE Forum Addict

pompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to behold

ooooo!! well thank you!

Im 43, well old enough to have danced to them at the youth club disco!
Old Jul 29th 2009, 3:39 am
Just Joined

ooooo!! well thank you!

Im 43, well old enough to have danced to them at the youth club disco!
Wow, had no idea from the pics. You would have been right in the thick of it.

I got into them about the time they broke up. Fortunately still had Bad Manners and Selector and local bands like the Allniters, The Leftovers and Strange Tenants.

I have the dubious honour of appearing in a virtually unseen film clip for The Leftovers "Suzanne beware of the devil".

Last edited by AusS2000; Jul 29th 2009 at 4:27 am.
Old Jul 29th 2009, 4:22 am
BE Forum Addict

I have the dubious honour of appearing in a virtually unseen film clip for Strange Tenants "Suzie beware of the devil".
I bet its on the net somewhere!
Old Jul 29th 2009, 4:26 am
Just Joined

I bet its on the net somewhere!
I've just been searching for it. Turns out it was The Leftovers not Strange Tenants. And there are a load of bands in the US called Leftovers so it's not easy to sort the wheat from the chaff.

Many years after they broke up I came home from a nightclub about 3am and switched on Rage. Next thing I know there's me skanking across the screen to the beats of Suzanne. Only time I've ever seen it.
Old Jul 29th 2009, 6:36 am
Just Joined

Nigel 2009 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by AusS2000
Yeah we had an absolute blast. They are so dynamic and energetic, well except Terry who still looks like he is overdoing the valium.

My gf really enjoyed it even though she had never heard any of the songs nor experienced that culture before.

We were at the back of the front section a couple of rows in front of the barricade.

http://s2000.byteserve.com.au/images/specials.jpg
You must have been close to me by look of that shot. It was a great night though just like the old days. Hung around for the meet and greet afterwards too.
Old Jul 29th 2009, 9:39 pm
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

My toyboy husband loved it too, and he wasn't really aware of them even though he's British.

How was Neville - he sprained his ankle pretty badly on Monday. Just after I said to The Geek, "they're not bad for fifties, eh?"

We got some photos and some short video clips, too, but they're too big to post unless I whack 'em on youtube first.
Old Jul 29th 2009, 10:25 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Brilliant pic. I saw them in Glasgow when I was about 15 absolutely brilliant concert. Sorry I missed them this time around.

Paulinex
Old Jul 30th 2009, 2:58 am
Just Joined

I played the first album to my kids in the car on the way to school this morning. My daughter's sold.

Nigel Mulvey
Sydney (ex Coventry)
Old Jul 30th 2009, 4:05 am
BE Forum Addict

I played the first album to my kids in the car on the way to school this morning. My daughter's sold.
Brilliant! I mean it all just sounds so fresh, and is prob still relevant to youngsters today..
Old Jul 30th 2009, 10:28 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Nigel 2009
Hung around for the meet and greet afterwards too.
How'd that go? Did you meet the band? Did you explain Aussie Rules to Terry?
Old Jul 30th 2009, 2:07 pm
Just Joined

Terry didn't show, must have been too disturbed although his son Felix was there looking the spitting image of his dad in the Gangsters video. I was in Coventry during the 1970's and 80's and knew Terry, Rod, Horace and Lynval quite well. It was great to see them all (except Terry) for the first time in about 24 years. What was especially suprising was bumping into a guy called Colin Heanes who I also knew from Coventry and who now lives in Brisbane, he was the original drummer in the band King - remember them?

Nigel Mulvey
Sydney (ex-Coventry)
Old Jul 30th 2009, 11:43 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Nigel 2009
Terry didn't show, must have been too disturbed although his son Felix was there looking the spitting image of his dad in the Gangsters video. I was in Coventry during the 1970's and 80's and knew Terry, Rod, Horace and Lynval quite well. It was great to see them all (except Terry) for the first time in about 24 years. What was especially suprising was bumping into a guy called Colin Heanes who I also knew from Coventry and who now lives in Brisbane, he was the original drummer in the band King - remember them?

Nigel Mulvey
Sydney (ex-Coventry)
King, as in Love and Pride? I remember them well.

Must have been great to catch up with old faces.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.