Spain/Australia

Old Sep 2nd 2004, 1:08 am
BE Enthusiast

RichS will become famous soon enough
Default Spain/Australia

Question:

If Spain for example were an English speaking country would you have rather gone to live there than Australia?
Old Sep 2nd 2004, 1:12 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spain/Australia

Originally Posted by RichS
Question:

If Spain for example were an English speaking country would you have rather gone to live there than Australia?
There's always Gibraltar.
A Mediterranean climate under the Union Flag
English speaking too, by all accounts.

Jeremy

Last edited by JAJ; Sep 2nd 2004 at 1:41 am.
Old Sep 2nd 2004, 1:32 am
rudo1ph

Question:

Have lived in both...........would choose Australia. Don't really know why, just happier here.

Old Sep 2nd 2004, 1:38 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

Question:

Have they got Marmite in Spain?
Old Sep 2nd 2004, 1:43 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jayr
Have they got Marmite in Spain?
Or Walkers Crisps, aunt bessies yorkies?

Would this mythical Spain cook their food in lard or olive oil?
Old Sep 2nd 2004, 1:45 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

If they've got Eastenders and no spiders I'll go.
Old Sep 2nd 2004, 1:47 am

gedge has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by jayr
If they've got Eastenders and no spiders I'll go.
If they've got spiders and no Eastenders I'll go.
Old Sep 2nd 2004, 2:25 am
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, and if they had my line of work on Menorca I would have been there years ago

Mainland Spain possibly no cause my mother lives there and could bug me more easily.
Old Sep 2nd 2004, 3:54 am
BE Enthusiast

chocaholic has a spectacular aura aboutchocaholic has a spectacular aura aboutchocaholic has a spectacular aura about

Question:

Well, I expect if they were English speaking, the whole culture would be different too. Australia and it's people/ culture appealed to us, not just the fact that they speak English - otherwise we could have chosen to live in the US or Canada - both are closer to UK than Oz.
Old Sep 2nd 2004, 3:57 am
scoobydoo

No, it would have still been Australia...family here. No kangaroos in Spain either.

Old Sep 2nd 2004, 4:54 am
yer twistin mi melons man

johanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nice

[QUOTE=RichS]Question:

Must admit i thought about moving to Spain, but all that Chubby.Brown, fools and horses and greasy fry ups and weekend warriors from scouse i changed my mind and came back to Aussie, (also had dimsim withdrawal)
Old Sep 2nd 2004, 5:12 am
BE Enthusiast

RichS will become famous soon enough

After viewing the replies perhaps a better phrased question might be:

If we make the assumption that you and your family were able to communicate fluently in the local language, and the country was able to provide similar career opportunities, would you have looked at other countries in Europe.

For my case - If I was fluent in say Greek/Portugese/Spanish and career opportunity existed there I daresay I'd have moved there rather than here. always fancied the meditteranean lifestyle more than the northern european one. I also reckon I have more in comon with the average euro than the average aussie.
Old Sep 2nd 2004, 6:08 am
G'day Mate

Boomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of light

Hello

So what is the point of migrating if some members want an english related inviroment in Australia ( apart from the sun,sand and the better quality of life )?
I thought one of the purposes to migrate was to be assimilated into the local culture and adapt yourself to Australia and hold it's values has your own.

Old Sep 2nd 2004, 6:42 am
Karma Comedian

[QUOTE=RichS]After viewing the replies perhaps a better phrased question might be:

If we make the assumption that you and your family were able to communicate fluently in the local language, and the country was able to provide similar career opportunities, would you have looked at other countries in Europe.

QUOTE]

Only if they had Marmite, Eastenders and no spiders...
Old Sep 2nd 2004, 7:38 am
Banned

Kendonakasaki is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=jayr]
After viewing the replies perhaps a better phrased question might be:

QUOTE]

Only if they had Marmite, Eastenders and no spiders...
I'd rather eat marmite flavoured spiders than watch Eastenders

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.