Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Southampton/hampshire meet ???

Southampton/hampshire meet ???

Old Sep 27th 2006, 7:40 pm
Just Joined

jaisagolfer is a jewel in the roughjaisagolfer is a jewel in the roughjaisagolfer is a jewel in the roughjaisagolfer is a jewel in the roughjaisagolfer is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Southampton/hampshire meet ???

Originally Posted by tallbloke67
Hi Jason

Good question, so far so good. I am using an agent and found it OK. We applied in Nov 2005 and after much toiling got my bro to sponser us. We had our meds done in soton. Cost us £480 for 2+2 and a further £60 each for my wife and I with x-rays. where are you thinking of going to?

Martin
Hi Martin

I think we have to us the Southampton ones as well I have booked us in and I think its £140 x 4 and then extra for X-Rays! We live in Stubbingtom, Crofton Lane, Where are you?

We are moving to Sydney, my first appointment (RAN) is at the Maritime HQ in Sydney Harbour

Just got to get through the medicals and we'll be on the way next April, when and where are you going?

We should all meet for a beer?

Speak soon

Jason
Old Nov 9th 2006, 4:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

jon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of light

We'd be interested in meeting some people before leaving. Alex is a bit worried about the prospect of arriving in Oz with no-one to call our friends! I'm not overly worried as I'll talk to anyone and should have a job waiting for me too. I just like beer!
We are off to Brissie in August 07 I think. We have our visas and validated them in April.
We live in Pompey.
Old Nov 9th 2006, 6:58 pm
Forum Regular

jonsm has a brilliant futurejonsm has a brilliant futurejonsm has a brilliant futurejonsm has a brilliant futurejonsm has a brilliant futurejonsm has a brilliant future

hi guys

we just got back from validatin our visa, typical we sold the house the day we got back, hopefully back out again jan feb time.

we are based near hedge end

jon & jayne
Old Nov 10th 2006, 3:59 pm
Just Joined

KerEng is an unknown quantity at this point

I'd be interested in a meet up - have just had my medical and police checks requested, so shouldn't be long now! Am aiming to be in Adelaide by next summer - going on my own
Old Feb 26th 2007, 3:45 pm
At home in Qld

theelliotts is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Southampton/hampshire meet ???

Just to resurrect this thread, we are planning our move to Brisbane this year (hopefully the summer holidays) - anyone still interested/planning a Southampton/Portsmouth area meet up?

Husband has just had his medical today for his spouse visa (daughters (2 and 4yrs) already have their Oz passports and citizenship).

Nina and Peter
Old Mar 27th 2007, 12:30 pm
Forum Regular

lee on solent is a jewel in the roughlee on solent is a jewel in the roughlee on solent is a jewel in the roughlee on solent is a jewel in the roughlee on solent is a jewel in the rough

Hi we are just doing our tra and are hoping to move to Adelaide,we live in lee on the solent and are wondering if any one wants to meet up,would be great to meet people who are going or have gone through the same thing.
Old Mar 27th 2007, 12:44 pm
Im a woomaaan

gobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Lee On Solent !!we are just down the road from you in Gosport, we hope to be in Perth this year if we ever get that visa!!
Old Mar 28th 2007, 6:08 am
At home in Qld

We are in Locks Heath (nr Fareham) and planning to be off to Brisbane around July/August time. Definitely interested in a meet up.

Nina & Peter
Old Mar 28th 2007, 6:17 am
Forum Regular

hindon is just really nicehindon is just really nicehindon is just really nicehindon is just really nicehindon is just really nicehindon is just really nicehindon is just really nicehindon is just really nicehindon is just really nice

Hi we are on the Isle of Wight and got our PR Visa yesterday.
We will be interested in a meet, we are hoping to go to the Sunshine Coast when the house sells.

Does anyone know of any good shippers in our area i could get quotes from?
Old Mar 28th 2007, 7:06 am
Forum Regular

janet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud of
Smile Re: Southampton/hampshire meet ???

It would be nice to meet up , only a few at the last one last summer but still good . Anyone got any dates time etc . Just to say Gobbyjock heading to Perth as well . ill PM you later
Old Mar 28th 2007, 8:23 am
At home in Qld

Originally Posted by hindon
Hi we are on the Isle of Wight and got our PR Visa yesterday.
We will be interested in a meet, we are hoping to go to the Sunshine Coast when the house sells.

Does anyone know of any good shippers in our area i could get quotes from?
Hi

We are heading for the Brisbane/Sunshine Coast area (might stay on Bribie Island for a holiday rental when we first arrive). Just doing the rounds for shipping quotes from Southampton area - would suggest you definitely get a quote from Whites as they are fairly local but then get a good few other quotes. We are also getting quotes from PSS, Allieds, John Mason, Robinsons.

HTH
Nina
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 2:01 pm
Forum Regular

lee on solent is a jewel in the roughlee on solent is a jewel in the roughlee on solent is a jewel in the roughlee on solent is a jewel in the roughlee on solent is a jewel in the rough

Hi as anyone any dates in mind for a meet up?
tony and myrtle
Old Apr 4th 2007, 8:16 am
BE Forum Addict

samnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lee on solent
Hi as anyone any dates in mind for a meet up?
tony and myrtle
Hi all,
Meet up sounds good, we are on the Isle of Wight and would love the chance to meet some of you face to face. Will keep checking this thread to see when any dates have been arranged as dont want to have to bring along our 3 monsters. Name the time and place and then I can go begging to mum to see if she will babysit.
hope to see you all soon
Sam x
Old Apr 4th 2007, 12:17 pm
Forum Regular

Hi if anyone else is interested please respond so we have an idea where people are from, so we can choose a suitable place to meet.
tony and myrtle
Old Apr 4th 2007, 2:42 pm
Just Joined

samlee31 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, just outside pretty much on Hampshire/West Sussex border, does that count? as would really love to meet up with future Expats n meet some others going to Brisbane area......

Sam

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.