Default sony play station

do play stations brought in the uk work in australia
Old Dec 29th 2003, 12:18 pm
Forum Regular

evorobin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: sony play station

Originally posted by matt k
Yes just whack an aussie plug on and use AV leads instead of scart, bobs your uncle!
Old Dec 29th 2003, 12:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

S Oldfield is an unknown quantity at this point

Me and electrics are not compatable, can I just chuck an adaptor on the end of the UK plug? ( never changed a plug in my life)
Old Dec 29th 2003, 12:27 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, just put an Aussie adapter on the UK plug - all my stuff is running like that.
Word of advice though - Aussie plugs have no fuses, so you can't buy fuses here for UK plugs....bring a stock with you!!!
Old Dec 29th 2003, 12:35 pm
Forum Regular

evorobin is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Pollyana
Yep, just put an Aussie adapter on the UK plug - all my stuff is running like that.
Word of advice though - Aussie plugs have no fuses, so you can't buy fuses here for UK plugs....bring a stock with you!!!
Do me a favour it takes 5 secs to swap the plug. Only one I haven't done are the hair clippers as never really use them. Saves you money on adaptors aswell.

Also I meant RF leads ie buy a new cable to the tv when you get here. sorted!
Old Dec 29th 2003, 12:42 pm
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by evorobin
Do me a favour it takes 5 secs to swap the plug. Only one I haven't done are the hair clippers as never really use them. Saves you money on adaptors aswell.

Also I meant RF leads ie buy a new cable to the tv when you get here. sorted!
serious question - what is the benefit of swopping all the plugs on everthing you bring over (unless you have loads of time and plugs). We bought a couple of fused gangs for the computer equipment, TV system and music system and using them for the christmas lights etc. The gangs costs us a few pounds and we swapped the ends once here. As we change over electrical equipment we obviously move to Aussie plugs. But there must be benefit in having fused plugs? Or not ? Please let me know.

Cheers
Old Dec 29th 2003, 2:57 pm
WBB

Originally posted by Sandra
serious question - what is the benefit of swopping all the plugs on everthing you bring over (unless you have loads of time and plugs). We bought a couple of fused gangs for the computer equipment, TV system and music system and using them for the christmas lights etc. The gangs costs us a few pounds and we swapped the ends once here. As we change over electrical equipment we obviously move to Aussie plugs. But there must be benefit in having fused plugs? Or not ? Please let me know.

Cheers
i think the general feeling is to do exactly what you have done.

saves time and money.

Old Dec 29th 2003, 3:33 pm
I'm lovin' it

chippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to all
Default Re: sony play station

Originally posted by matt k
Not if you smash them first.