Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Song that remind you of the UK

Song that remind you of the UK

Old Nov 12th 2005, 8:55 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Song that remind you of the UK

Originally Posted by rossifumi
Definately The Specials
the ...

much to much much too young
married having kids when you should be havin fun one??

Grrrr I reckon your both right

LOL

Apologies
Old Nov 12th 2005, 8:54 pm
NJJ
BE Forum Addict

NJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by claire edwards
chaz and dave

Chas & Dave are legends.
Old Nov 13th 2005, 2:28 am
BE Enthusiast

TopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by NJJ
Chas & Dave are legends.

GOR' BLIMEY are they still going? They must be grey and grizzly by now!
Old Nov 13th 2005, 2:48 am
Banned

Location: I refuse to answer on the grounds it may incriminate me
Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute

How bout the entire album "new boots and panties" by ian dury and the blockheads, blondies parallel lines

singles: toast by the streetband
run for home lindesfarne sp?
those were the days mary hopkins (eew)
Old Nov 13th 2005, 2:57 am
Banned

Linda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of light

Madness.. Baggy Trousers and Our House. Always reminds me of where i grew up.
Old Nov 13th 2005, 2:59 am
Banned

Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Linda Lushardi
Madness.. Our House. Always reminds me of where i grew up.
In the middle of the street ?
Old Nov 13th 2005, 3:02 am
Banned

Linda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Luke I Amyofath
In the middle of the street ?

Very often YES!! i was a bit of a tomboy and spent a lot of my time in dungarees, long pigtails, playing footie in the street with the boys, and my dad made the best go kart in NW London, which scored big brownie points with the local lads
Old Nov 13th 2005, 3:06 am
Banned

Very often YES!! i was a bit of a tomboy and spent a lot of my time in dungarees, long pigtails, playing footie in the street with the boys, and my dad made the best go kart in NW London, which scored big brownie points with the local lads
anywhere near kilburn was it ?
Old Nov 13th 2005, 3:07 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Luke I Amyofath
anywhere near kilburn was it ?

Harrow. Not that far away, but i know Kilburn very well indeed. Is that where you are from?
Old Nov 13th 2005, 3:17 am
Banned

Harrow. Not that far away, but i know Kilburn very well indeed. Is that where you are from?
nooo, moved to barry s wales in late 60's from cyprus, the old man was in the raf.
been all over london in last uk job based out of chester but worked away mon-fri 9 times out of 10 id be inside the m25 or bordering it.
each week was around 15 uk locations, anywhere from wick to isle of wight, loved it except for a few bad b&b's
Old Nov 13th 2005, 5:46 am
BE Forum Addict

KatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to behold

The Mountains of Morne sweep down to the sea

Oh Mary this London's a wonderful sight
With people here workin' by day and by night
They don't sow potatoes, nor barley, nor wheat
But there's gangs of them diggin' for gold in the street

At least when I asked them that's what I was told
So I just took a hand at this diggin' for gold
But for all that I found there I might as well be
Where the Mountains of Mourne sweep on down to the sea.

I believe that when writin' a wish you expressed
As to how the fine ladies in London were dressed
Well if you'll believe me, when asked to a ball
They don't wear no top to their dresses at all

Oh I've seen them meself and you could not in truth
Say that if they were bound for a ball or a bath
Don't be startin' them fashions, now Mary McCree
Where the Mountains of Mourne sweep on down to the sea.

There's beautiful girls here, oh never you mind
With beautiful shapes nature never designed
And lovely complexions all roses and cream
But let me remark with regard to the same

That if those red roses you venture to sip
The colours might all come away on your lip
So I'll wait for the wild rose that's waitin' for me
In the place where the dark Mourne sweeps down to the sea.

Reminds me of home

Katie
Old Nov 13th 2005, 6:11 am
Tell it like it is'er

Scorpio1 will become famous soon enough

You Welsh then ?
Old Nov 13th 2005, 6:26 am
Forum Regular

going4it has a spectacular aura aboutgoing4it has a spectacular aura aboutgoing4it has a spectacular aura about

Anastasia - Sick and Tired
Old Nov 13th 2005, 3:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

KatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Scorpio1
You Welsh then ?
LOL no boyo not Welsh