Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

son offered apprenticeship

son offered apprenticeship

Old Sep 8th 2003, 9:48 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute
Default son offered apprenticeship

Hubby talked to his future NZ employer again last night on the phone..........it is really weird having to wait until 10.30pm at night to phone anyone over there.
Think we've found a real gem of an employer, cant believe our luck, he says will wait as long a necessary for us to get there. Was talking about future contracts he was taking on and about his wkend with his family, got round to talking about our children and when he found out about ryan (16 yr old "kevin") he said he,d take him on as an apprentice joiner no probs.
I keep pinching myself it seems too good to be true, Ryan has even said this morning that he might come with us after all now in light of the offer
Sky
Old Sep 8th 2003, 11:16 am
Non-addicted member!

garrisondamn will become famous soon enoughgarrisondamn will become famous soon enough
Default Re: son offered apprenticeship

Originally posted by sky
Hubby talked to his future NZ employer again last night on the phone..........it is really weird having to wait until 10.30pm at night to phone anyone over there.
Think we've found a real gem of an employer, cant believe our luck, he says will wait as long a necessary for us to get there. Was talking about future contracts he was taking on and about his wkend with his family, got round to talking about our children and when he found out about ryan (16 yr old "kevin") he said he,d take him on as an apprentice joiner no probs.
I keep pinching myself it seems too good to be true, Ryan has even said this morning that he might come with us after all now in light of the offer
Sky
Consider yourself very lucky! Well done!
Most employers out here consider 16 to be "too young" to start apprentiships, there are some people in their 30's starting apprentiships as a career change (obviously) Most school leavers do a pre-trade course first, then get taken on.

When we have been enquiring about it, many said that a teenager without any experience is unlikely to be taken on! So we went around some employers asking if our son could get some work ex. (un-paid)
Turns out it was a good way around it, as the company he wanted to work for, called and asked him to work for a couple of days. That was two weeks ago & he's still working (and getting paid!) and an apprenticeship could be offered.

What's meant to be.................etc.

Good luck, hope it continues to go well for you.
Old Sep 8th 2003, 11:23 am
BE Forum Addict

arlene is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by sky
Sky

sky

thats fantastic news, ry will be on that plane quicker than you can say quantas

arlene
Old Sep 8th 2003, 11:32 am
Non-addicted member!

garrisondamn will become famous soon enoughgarrisondamn will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by arlene
sky

thats fantastic news, ry will be on that plane quicker than you can say quantas

arlene
Or Singapore Airlines/Air NewZealand as the case may be.

Did you know (and I'm not being petty about your spelling) that
QANTAS is an acrynim (there you go you can be petty about me now!)lol , anyway where was I, oh yeah, QANTAS stands for Queensland And Northern Territory Air Services (I think!)

Hence the missed out U in the SPELLING!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know, totally useless and I cant spell eether!:lecture:
Old Sep 8th 2003, 11:34 am
BE Forum Addict

arlene is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by garrisondamn
Or Singapore Airlines/Air NewZealand as the case may be.

Did you know (and I'm not being petty about your spelling) that
QANTAS is an acrynim (there you go you can be petty about me now!)lol , anyway where was I, oh yeah, QANTAS stands for Queensland And Northern Territory Air Services (I think!)

Hence the missed out U in the SPELLING!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know, totally useless and I cant spell eether!:lecture:

thanks for correcting me, can i use this word in scrabble (no u's what a scoring that would be)

arlene
Old Sep 8th 2003, 11:49 am
Non-addicted member!

Originally posted by arlene
thanks for correcting me, can i use this word in scrabble (no u's what a scoring that would be)

arlene
Scrabble!!! You need to get out more!

(whispers) I believe RHYTHM is good one too! lol