Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Was it something I did in a past life?

Was it something I did in a past life?

Old Feb 10th 2005, 2:25 pm
Just Joined

Pjay79 will become famous soon enoughPjay79 will become famous soon enough
Default Was it something I did in a past life?

My saga seems never ending and it is really getting me down. After posting the other day about feeling I would never sell my house etc I had a phone call yesterday telling me I had an offer, but the guy had offered on 2 properties

Anyway after a bit of debate he put an offer in that I could accept, so about 4pm yesterday I said OK. The estate agent then proceeded to tell me that they couldn't get hold of the other vendors andshe would have to get back to me on what he decided. Today I have heard absolutely nothing and when I phoned she was out or said she had to still get hold of them.

I really want to sell the house as partner has to validate by 14th May and I am 26 weeks pregnant and so have to fly really soon (not feasible to have baby in UK) but I really can't cope with everyone messing me around.

Is it normal for someone to pffer on 2 houses at the same time when they can only buy 1? Am I missing something? I'm sure my partner and I did something awful in a past life, nothing ever seems to go right

Sorry, moan over. But seriously should I be suss of this offer
Old Feb 10th 2005, 2:29 pm
Prisoner of Her Majesty

samnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Was it something I did in a past life?

Originally Posted by Pjay79
My saga seems never ending and it is really getting me down. After posting the other day about feeling I would never sell my house etc I had a phone call yesterday telling me I had an offer, but the guy had offered on 2 properties

Anyway after a bit of debate he put an offer in that I could accept, so about 4pm yesterday I said OK. The estate agent then proceeded to tell me that they couldn't get hold of the other vendors andshe would have to get back to me on what he decided. Today I have heard absolutely nothing and when I phoned she was out or said she had to still get hold of them.

I really want to sell the house as partner has to validate by 14th May and I am 26 weeks pregnant and so have to fly really soon (not feasible to have baby in UK) but I really can't cope with everyone messing me around.

Is it normal for someone to pffer on 2 houses at the same time when they can only buy 1? Am I missing something? I'm sure my partner and I did something awful in a past life, nothing ever seems to go right

yup! Sounds strange to me - sounds like they're leaving their options open. Even if they finally turn round and stick with your house and ditch the other, I'd always be worrying that they are still on the look for another house!

Not a very nice situation! Hope it all works out.

Rob
Old Feb 10th 2005, 2:42 pm
In Brisbane at last!!!

shecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the rough

Hi there,

Sorry to hear you have been having problems selling your house!!! We've been in the same boat and we have to validate by May too!!!

By the way, I live in Newport South Wales in Malpas. It's a small world isn't it!!!

Where in Oz are you heading????

Shell
Old Feb 10th 2005, 2:46 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by shecha
Hi there,

Sorry to hear you have been having problems selling your house!!! We've been in the same boat and we have to validate by May too!!!

By the way, I live in Newport South Wales in Malpas. It's a small world isn't it!!!

Where in Oz are you heading????

Shell
We are over in Ringland in Newport and are heading to Brisbane. I'm from there originally but partner is doing the whole migration thing to come with me. I just keep wishing it was all over and we could get on that plane with everything sorted

Do you know where you are off to in brisbane?

Situations like this with the house just don't help matters either. I can't get my head around why he'd offer on 2 places. If you like somewhere don't you normally offer on that until they give you an answer?
Old Feb 10th 2005, 2:57 pm
In Brisbane at last!!!

shecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the rough

We are over in Ringland in Newport and are heading to Brisbane. I'm from there originally but partner is doing the whole migration thing to come with me. I just keep wishing it was all over and we could get on that plane with everything sorted

Do you know where you are off to in brisbane?

Situations like this with the house just don't help matters either. I can't get my head around why he'd offer on 2 places. If you like somewhere don't you normally offer on that until they give you an answer?
Hi there,

Wow, what a coincidence - I was born on the Gold Coast (came to UK when I was 4) and my hubby is doing the whole emigration thing to go to live in Brisbane too!!!!

We should hopefully be going to north Brisbane at end of Feb/beginning of March. Can't wait!!!!

I hope your buyer turns out to be genuine coz it's a pain to have to consider validating and coming back to UK to sell the bloody house!!!!!

Let me know how you get on.

Shell
Old Feb 10th 2005, 4:11 pm
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Hiya Pj,
We live just down the road from you in Alway and not even getting any viewings. Some people are just t***s and put in 2 offers to see who is going to offer them the best deal. Had it done to us on previous house. We are also off to Brissie as soon as we get visa (shouldn't be long now as we lodged bond today) and sell our house. Fingers crossed for you.
Sarah
Old Feb 10th 2005, 4:22 pm
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute

What a weird situation! But it does sound a bit as though they are trying to pull a fast one! All the same, hope it works out in your favour. You need to get yourself on a plane soon so I am sending some karma to see if it helps.

Good luck (and if your buyer is interested in messing a third vendor around send him our way - ONE offer is better than NO offer!)

Binbird
Old Feb 11th 2005, 8:20 am
Just Joined

Thank You all for your best wishes.

I can only hope that you all sell your houses and get out to Oz too. I'm just so down about it because I feel constantly under pressure and the house is paying our way so to speak.

Still I guess an offer is better than none and I'm going to chase the agents today to find out.

Bloody Estate Agents ands selling houses AARRGGGHHH :scared:
Old Feb 11th 2005, 9:00 am
Forum Regular

FITCHETT FAMILY will become famous soon enough

Hi dont worry about it,
There will always be someone somewhere who will fall in love with your house and when that happens your worries will be over.
We sold ours 05/04 after 2 offers fell through and have been living in a tiny rented coz we thought it was only short term, BIG mistake, nearly 12 months on and we are still here living on top of one another, thats stressful enough without the migration process but dont set me off coz I could prob moan on for hours!!!!
All the best with the sale and the baby, think positive.
Tina.
Old Feb 11th 2005, 9:52 am
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Pjay79

Sorry to hear about your frustrating situation!! Unfortunately some people put offer in on multiple houses just to see what sort of deal they can get.. Sorry thats not of any consolation. All you can do is keep on at your agent....and keep on at him some more ...make him EARN his comission!!

Good Luck & let us know how it goes.

Petra
Old Feb 11th 2005, 9:58 am
Just Joined

I'm starting to think this was just a ploy to see what we would accept. I haven't heard from them now since Wednesday when she rang to say he had offered, not even a "sorry we can't get hold of him yet" phone call. It makes me so mad.

I am going to chase them this arvo if I haven't had a phone call. The thing is I know that with the estate agent there isn't many houses priced lower than mine and he told the estate agent as he's a FTB they will only give him a mortgage for £80000, which I would accept right now (house is up for £85000, so not too bad) but no other houses were under £90000, and it was definately with the same estate agent

Oh well, I'll just keep hoping someone else wants to view over the weekend. Fingers and toes crossed now