Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Someone's just hit me up the arse.

Someone's just hit me up the arse.

Old Jan 27th 2006, 1:00 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute
Default Someone's just hit me up the arse.

Sitting at a junction waiting to pull out and bang some woman has hit me.

We get out of the car and my bumpers been pushed forward, Rachel has the womens deyails, well not all of them just a name and number(should have got them myself)

I have no insurance just the rego so not sure of what the procedure is.

Which ever way it's going to cost me as I'll have to hire a car when it goes in or end up paying for it all myself
Old Jan 27th 2006, 1:05 am

gedge has disabled reputation
Default Re: Someone's just hit me up the arse.

Originally Posted by fraser

We get out of the car and my bumpers been pushed forward, Rachel has the womens deyails, well not all of them just a name and number(should have got them myself)

Which ever way it's going to cost me as I'll have to hire a car when it goes in or end up paying for it all myself
Ah bugger mate. Don't you just hate it when that happens, feels like you're having one of those days, what else can go wrong?
No injuries I hope.
Good luck in getting it sorted.

Last edited by gedge; Jan 27th 2006 at 1:08 am.
Old Jan 27th 2006, 1:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Pootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond repute

Oh no! Hope you're all ok.
Hopefully the womans insurance will cover it as its so obviously her fault.
Same thing happened to our neighbour last week, waiting to turn right and got hit from behind.
Ruth
Old Jan 27th 2006, 1:13 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pootle
Oh no! Hope you're all ok.
Hopefully the womans insurance will cover it as its so obviously her fault.
Same thing happened to our neighbour last week, waiting to turn right and got hit from behind.
Ruth
She seemed OK, and nobody got hurt.

We'll have to speak to her later.
Old Jan 27th 2006, 1:16 am
Account Closed

copa is an unknown quantity at this point

report it to the police and fill out an accident incident form (or whatever it's called).

How dare you drive without insurance! Shocking and probably illegal.
Old Jan 27th 2006, 1:18 am
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

First and foremost.........what the hell are you thinking driving on the roads with no insurance?????? Just be glad it wasnt you running up someone elses arse!!!

IF she gave you the right details then you should be ok and her insurance should cover the costs. I have even had them cover a rental while the car was getting fixed in the past.

Glad you are ok tho.....now get ya ass out and get insurance!!

Hels
Old Jan 27th 2006, 1:19 am

Originally Posted by copa
report it to the police and fill out an accident incident form (or whatever it's called).

It's not illegal as the rego covers you, so piss off if you can't say anything constructive
Old Jan 27th 2006, 1:19 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by copa

Its not illegal in Oz, although it should be...
Old Jan 27th 2006, 1:20 am

Originally Posted by Hels
First and foremost.........what the hell are you thinking driving on the roads with no insurance?????? Just be glad it wasnt you running up someone elses arse!!!

IF she gave you the right details then you should be ok and her insurance should cover the costs. I have even had them cover a rental while the car was getting fixed in the past.

Glad you are ok tho.....now get ya ass out and get insurance!!

Hels
I'm skint mate I can't afford it
Old Jan 27th 2006, 1:21 am
Account Closed

I'm skint mate I can't afford it

But you can afford to pay for someones Merc to get fixed if you hit it??

No excuse mate, even for 3rd party!! I know you are saving for your house etc...but this is far too much of a risk not to be covered!!
Old Jan 27th 2006, 1:23 am
Account Closed

It's not illegal as the rego covers you, so piss off if you can't say anything constructive

The rego does NOT cover you!! If that woman that hit you has no insurance the only thing the rego covers is if you are injured, not the repair of your car or hers!!

I wish people would stop saying that the CTP is all you need.....its NOT!!!
Old Jan 27th 2006, 1:25 am

But you can afford to pay for someones Merc to get fixed if you hit it??

No excuse mate, even for 3rd party!! I know you are saving for your house etc...but this is far too much of a risk not to be covered!!
I'm not saving for anything, I have the money for my house and enough to live on.

We don't go out, we don't have snacks in the house, we have no alcohol and we have no income.

When we do I'll get some insurance.
Old Jan 27th 2006, 1:26 am

gedge has disabled reputation

Its not illegal in Oz, although it should be...
I didn't realise that. It's the same in NZ. Mate over there reckons it leads to less careful drivers. If they do have an accident, they're more likely to hit and run.
Not knocking you Fraser, you're not a bad egg, and we know you're having a bad run of it.
Old Jan 27th 2006, 1:27 am

The rego does NOT cover you!! If that woman that hit you has no insurance the only thing the rego covers is if you are injured, not the repair of your car or hers!!

I wish people would stop saying that the CTP is all you need.....its NOT!!!
Yes I know that but it covers me legally to drive.
Old Jan 27th 2006, 1:28 am
Account Closed

copa is an unknown quantity at this point

If it's covered... then it means you probably have insurance... so why say you don't?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.