Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Someone help me fina a flight perth-man tommorow please!

Someone help me fina a flight perth-man tommorow please!

Old Jul 24th 2009, 5:11 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Someone help me fina a flight perth-man tommorow please!

Originally Posted by Red_V_Roger
Oh no. We tried this with QANTAS last year when my had a couple of days left. Wouldn't move a cent from top wack fare.
What a lot of people don't realise is that a compassionate fare does not necessarily equal cheap. What a compassionate fare offers is generally the flexibility (to change dates for free for example) of a much more expensive ticket but at a cheaper price than that ticket. So you might still have to pay for the cheapest ticket available on the day you want to travel (sometimes the compassionate fare is more expensive), but effectively get more for your money than someone else booking.

Most airlines waive change and cancellation fees in the event of death or serious illness of a family member (with evidence) anyway so the main advantage is probably the airline doing its best to get you a seat where availability is a problem.

Personally I'd probably take this kind of request to a travel agent and let them handle it rather than call ten airlines and explain the situation over and over again.
Old Jul 24th 2009, 5:14 am
BE Enthusiast

lonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Red_V_Roger
Oh no. We tried this with QANTAS last year when my had a couple of days left. Wouldn't move a cent from top wack fare.
Before moving out here, I always said that if I get 'the call' then I'll be on the next flight back to the UK. You generally have a choice - get back ASAP or wait for a cheap fare my personal choice is for the former as usually the two are mutually exclusive. FWIW if SWMBO had gotten 'the call' from over here while we were in the UK I'd have done the same in reverse and worried about the cost of the flights later.

When somebody you care about is ill, you want to be with them, not faffing around to find a cheap flight.

Just my blunt $0.02.

Cheers

Steve
Old Jul 24th 2009, 5:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Red_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lonndongeek
Before moving out here, I always said that if I get 'the call' then I'll be on the next flight back to the UK. You generally have a choice - get back ASAP or wait for a cheap fare my personal choice is for the former as usually the two are mutually exclusive. FWIW if SWMBO had gotten 'the call' from over here while we were in the UK I'd have done the same in reverse and worried about the cost of the flights later.

When somebody you care about is ill, you want to be with them, not faffing around to find a cheap flight.

Just my blunt $0.02.

Cheers

Steve
Agreed, just wanted to give opinion as the thread was heading in the ..you may be able to get it cheaper direction....
Old Jul 24th 2009, 10:01 am
Forum Regular

Steve1977 is a name known to allSteve1977 is a name known to allSteve1977 is a name known to allSteve1977 is a name known to allSteve1977 is a name known to allSteve1977 is a name known to allSteve1977 is a name known to allSteve1977 is a name known to allSteve1977 is a name known to allSteve1977 is a name known to allSteve1977 is a name known to all

Hi i'm new on here, my 1st post so hello! just noticed yr in need of a cheap flight and was looking at these the other day

Perth - Kuala Lumpur 27th $147 - Tiger Airlines
Kuala Lumpur - London Stansted - $370 - Air Asia

So its cheap if ya can get yourself a lift from stansted.

Hope she gets better btw!
Old Jul 24th 2009, 12:00 pm
Forum Regular

werty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nice

thanks steve which web sites did you get those flights from i will check it out.

And Im not just looking for a cheap flight to save a bit I do not physically have enough money to pay quantas prices, If i did I would be there now.
Old Jul 24th 2009, 12:41 pm
Forum Regular

Steve1977 is a name known to allSteve1977 is a name known to allSteve1977 is a name known to allSteve1977 is a name known to allSteve1977 is a name known to allSteve1977 is a name known to allSteve1977 is a name known to allSteve1977 is a name known to allSteve1977 is a name known to allSteve1977 is a name known to allSteve1977 is a name known to all

You can do both of these directly on their own websites, so

www.tigerairways.com

www.airasia.com

hope this helps!
Old Jul 24th 2009, 1:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

breezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to behold

[QUOTE=werty1;7780461]thanks steve which web sites did you get those flights from i will check it out.

And Im not just looking for a cheap flight to save a bit I do not physically have enough money to pay quantas prices, If i did I would be there now.[/QUOTE

www.airasia.com

Tracie