Someone Help

Old May 8th 2009, 1:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

garyp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of light
Default Someone Help

hoping someone help me plan my journey as I not been to Australia yet.
landing in Brisbane early hours 30th June so I will probably take a taxi to a nearby hotel for night(family 4) Want to make my way up to Townsville/ Cairns, and need to be back near Brisbane by 15th July.
Will hire a car at some point and was thinking of driving one way and internal flight another way.
Want to get some holiday time during this time and keep kids happy but dont want to be driving any day more than 5 hours.
so got about 2 weeks leaving Brisbane befor I return there.
any suggestions and help would be great about which areas to take in on way and aeras to stay.
Old May 9th 2009, 5:10 pm
Chocoholic

Juliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Someone Help

Will bump this up for you to see what help you can get

If you're driving from Brisbane, it's worth stopping at Australia Zoo - kids will love it. We've stopped at Bundeberg overnight which is about 4 hours north of Brisbane (if I remember correctly!). Can't help much after that as I never went any further up, but someone else can help you, I'm sure.

Enjoy your trip

Julie. x
Old May 9th 2009, 9:32 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by garyp
hoping someone help me plan my journey as I not been to Australia yet.
landing in Brisbane early hours 30th June so I will probably take a taxi to a nearby hotel for night(family 4) Want to make my way up to Townsville/ Cairns, and need to be back near Brisbane by 15th July.
Will hire a car at some point and was thinking of driving one way and internal flight another way.
Want to get some holiday time during this time and keep kids happy but dont want to be driving any day more than 5 hours.
so got about 2 weeks leaving Brisbane befor I return there.
any suggestions and help would be great about which areas to take in on way and aeras to stay.

personally i`d fly both ways it approx 1700 klm brissie to cairns
thats about 20 hrs non stop, by the time youve paid for the hire car & fuel there wont be any saving by driving and your not going to see anything as the driver anyway
Old May 9th 2009, 9:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steve`o
personally i`d fly both ways it approx 1700 klm brissie to cairns
thats about 20 hrs non stop, by the time youve paid for the hire car & fuel there wont be any saving by driving and your not going to see anything as the driver anyway
Yup that would be my suggestion too. Anywhere over 10 hours driving is worth a plane ride IMHO.
Old May 10th 2009, 1:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Didn't you ask this already?
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=606442
Old May 10th 2009, 5:26 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sallyclaire
Well spotted, SC. And on that note I will close this thread with the redirect to the old one.