Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Some words on Doree Bonner

Some words on Doree Bonner

Old Nov 6th 2006, 5:33 pm
Forum Regular

TheAshleys has much to be proud ofTheAshleys has much to be proud ofTheAshleys has much to be proud ofTheAshleys has much to be proud ofTheAshleys has much to be proud ofTheAshleys has much to be proud ofTheAshleys has much to be proud ofTheAshleys has much to be proud ofTheAshleys has much to be proud ofTheAshleys has much to be proud ofTheAshleys has much to be proud of
Default Some words on Doree Bonner

They came today to start our packing. They were top class, really nice blokes, great job. Pictures on our blog if you wanna see what a packed up house looks like.

Yes, I did think I let them pack the camera too, so far we have managed to keep everything we need back, been real organised, although I did leave myself without a scart lead for the portable tv, so had to go and buy one.

Having seen what they did today, no way I would self ship. I was going to, but the £700 we would have saved would just not be worth it. The extra time I would have had to have taken off work would have put us at a loss.
Old Nov 6th 2006, 8:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to all
Thumbs up Re: Some words on Doree Bonner

Originally Posted by TheAshleys
They came today to start our packing. They were top class, really nice blokes, great job. Pictures on our blog if you wanna see what a packed up house looks like.

Yes, I did think I let them pack the camera too, so far we have managed to keep everything we need back, been real organised, although I did leave myself without a scart lead for the portable tv, so had to go and buy one.

Having seen what they did today, no way I would self ship. I was going to, but the £700 we would have saved would just not be worth it. The extra time I would have had to have taken off work would have put us at a loss.
Yep, we used them back in 2000 and as you say, top class, it was strange to sit around while they packed up the house.
Old Nov 6th 2006, 9:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

kevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Some words on Doree Bonner

Yep, us to. DB were great packing our stuff and the blokes were a good laugh as well.

Originally Posted by Mandy&Cliff
Yep, we used them back in 2000 and as you say, top class, it was strange to sit around while they packed up the house.
Old Nov 6th 2006, 10:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

marco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond repute

Yep - totally agree.

Had our stuff delivered 3 weeks ago and not one thing broken.

One word of advice : Make sure you note which box all your furniture fixings went into.
Old Nov 7th 2006, 7:00 am
Forum Regular

BPadhiar has a brilliant futureBPadhiar has a brilliant futureBPadhiar has a brilliant futureBPadhiar has a brilliant futureBPadhiar has a brilliant futureBPadhiar has a brilliant futureBPadhiar has a brilliant future

Totally agree!

Had them pack our stuff a few weeks ago.

Doree Bonner were excellent - brillant packers and had a great laugh too..
It sure was stange to sit around whilst they were packing.

Will recommend them to anyone.

Bhaven
Old Nov 7th 2006, 3:03 pm
CMR
Forum Regular

CMR is a jewel in the roughCMR is a jewel in the roughCMR is a jewel in the roughCMR is a jewel in the roughCMR is a jewel in the rough

They came and packed up out flat last Friday and I must concur; they were superb - I'd definately reccommend them.

I'll have to wait until the new year to find out what the lot at the other end are like as we're not moving 'til February (homeless for four months!)

CMR
Old Nov 7th 2006, 3:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

mad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to behold

Hello there have you got a number for them as we hope to be going soon
thanks
Dave
Old Nov 7th 2006, 5:14 pm
An Official Visa Holder

toon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond repute

Glad to hear they doing a good job, coming to move us in January!!

Telephone Number is 0800 289541
Old Nov 7th 2006, 6:43 pm
Forum Regular

TheAshleys has much to be proud ofTheAshleys has much to be proud ofTheAshleys has much to be proud ofTheAshleys has much to be proud ofTheAshleys has much to be proud ofTheAshleys has much to be proud ofTheAshleys has much to be proud ofTheAshleys has much to be proud ofTheAshleys has much to be proud ofTheAshleys has much to be proud ofTheAshleys has much to be proud of

Well, they finished the job today. The packers were brilliant. We had such a good time with them, it was almost like they knew this was the start of our experience, and they wanted to make it as good as possible. They wished us all the best as they left, kinda like a send off. Really really nice blokes.

The house is now empty, completely unmarked from their exploits, and there were some pretty big things to remove. I planned to help them dismantle things, but every time I looked round, it was already done. They are just so quick.

Some pics of the container as it was loaded. It's a reefer, so slightly smaller than a full 20ft, and it was FULL FULL. They took some stuff we did not plan to take out of the goodness of their hearts, and to fill the thing, no extra cost. Money well spent all round. From the pics, it may look a little jumbled at the rear, but they were all the odd shaped things. 3/4 of the way along it's like a jigsaw with boxes on boxes. There is no space in that container I can tell you. Now..

Oooh, 1 more thing. Being a reefer, they gave me a tip. These containers come over here transporting meat, obviously. They are cleaned, but when it first opened, you should check for odours. They did, and took me in there too. It was real clean, it looked quite new also. They said they have sent some back before though, as it had not been cleaned properly. It was these little touches that made me think they were really looking after our stuff.
Attached Thumbnails Some words on Doree Bonner-imgp0083-3-.jpg   Some words on Doree Bonner-imgp0086-2-.jpg   Some words on Doree Bonner-imgp0088-2-.jpg   Some words on Doree Bonner-imgp0090-2-.jpg   Some words on Doree Bonner-imgp0094-2-.jpg  

Last edited by TheAshleys; Nov 7th 2006 at 6:46 pm.
Old Nov 7th 2006, 8:31 pm
An Official Visa Holder

toon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond repute

Well, they finished the job today. The packers were brilliant. We had such a good time with them, it was almost like they knew this was the start of our experience, and they wanted to make it as good as possible. They wished us all the best as they left, kinda like a send off. Really really nice blokes.

The house is now empty, completely unmarked from their exploits, and there were some pretty big things to remove. I planned to help them dismantle things, but every time I looked round, it was already done. They are just so quick.

Some pics of the container as it was loaded. It's a reefer, so slightly smaller than a full 20ft, and it was FULL FULL. They took some stuff we did not plan to take out of the goodness of their hearts, and to fill the thing, no extra cost. Money well spent all round. From the pics, it may look a little jumbled at the rear, but they were all the odd shaped things. 3/4 of the way along it's like a jigsaw with boxes on boxes. There is no space in that container I can tell you. Now..

Oooh, 1 more thing. Being a reefer, they gave me a tip. These containers come over here transporting meat, obviously. They are cleaned, but when it first opened, you should check for odours. They did, and took me in there too. It was real clean, it looked quite new also. They said they have sent some back before though, as it had not been cleaned properly. It was these little touches that made me think they were really looking after our stuff.

Looks like they did a good job!! Do you have to declare all those cats at customs??
Old Nov 7th 2006, 8:35 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by toon williams
Looks like they did a good job!! Do you have to declare all those cats at customs??
I bloody hope not mate. I kept looking at those cats for the past 2 days, around 100 of them (100 boxes). Now all I can see is F's, 6 of em, a 6 pack of Fosters !
Old Nov 7th 2006, 8:38 pm
An Official Visa Holder

I bloody hope not mate. I kept looking at those cats for the past 2 days, around 100 of them (100 boxes). Now all I can see is F's, 6 of em, a 6 pack of Fosters !
Sounds like you deserve them!! ENJOY!!
Old Nov 7th 2006, 8:44 pm
Forum Regular

Cheers Chap ! It's well funny, we have only a blow up bed, the wife has a full on garden sun lounger, and I am stuck on a 1.99 fold up chair from Woolies. Thing is, we are happier now than we have been in a long while, as we are FINALLY going.
Old Nov 8th 2006, 12:36 pm
An Official Visa Holder

Cheers Chap ! It's well funny, we have only a blow up bed, the wife has a full on garden sun lounger, and I am stuck on a 1.99 fold up chair from Woolies. Thing is, we are happier now than we have been in a long while, as we are FINALLY going.
Just goes to show what they say is true, who needs all that material crap to make you happy!!

Glad to see the wife gets the comfier of the two chairs!!
Old Nov 9th 2006, 4:40 pm

BrigieDarling will become famous soon enough

Yes, I did think I let them pack the camera too,
Don't worry according to the LOUNGE you didn't!

This bloke named RUSHMAN has been saying some awful things.