Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Some help needed on a 2nd trip to OZ!!!

Some help needed on a 2nd trip to OZ!!!

Old Dec 21st 2004, 4:24 am
Just Joined

Mardigrodge is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Some help needed on a 2nd trip to OZ!!!

I have a few questions about going to OZ for a second time. I am Canadian, and have been to OZ once already on a 1 year working holiday visa with my Canadian passport. I am also a dual citizen with a UK passport.

My first question is... has anyone ever applied for the same working visa for OZ (or any other country) with 2 different passports? Is this allowed? I would be applying from Canada... does it matter where I apply from? The Australian embassy has not responded to my questions regarding this. I think they are trying to get me to send the application in with my $170 and deny my entry.

I also heard a rumour that the British can get a 2 year working visa for Australia now, is there any truth to this?

I would greatly appreciate any help anyone can put forward and if anyone out there has any questions regarding OZ, then just go ahead and ask away... cause I had a great time over there and can help you with any advice from trips to take and places to and not to see. Not too many of the latter.

Thanks,

Rodge
Old Dec 21st 2004, 4:50 am
ABCDiamond

Default Re: Some help needed on a 2nd trip to OZ!!!

Originally Posted by Mardigrodge
I also heard a rumour that the British can get a 2 year working visa for Australia now, is there any truth to this?
You can get a 2 year working holiday visa into the UK now.

But Australia still says:
Working holiday makers are permitted a stay of 12 months from date of initial entry to Australia regardless of whether or not they spend the whole period in Australia

Old Dec 21st 2004, 4:54 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice
Default Re: Some help needed on a 2nd trip to OZ!!!

Originally Posted by Mardigrodge
I have a few questions about going to OZ for a second time. I am Canadian, and have been to OZ once already on a 1 year working holiday visa with my Canadian passport. I am also a dual citizen with a UK passport.

My first question is... has anyone ever applied for the same working visa for OZ (or any other country) with 2 different passports? Is this allowed? I would be applying from Canada... does it matter where I apply from? The Australian embassy has not responded to my questions regarding this. I think they are trying to get me to send the application in with my $170 and deny my entry.

I would greatly appreciate any help anyone can put forward and if anyone out there has any questions regarding OZ, then just go ahead and ask away... cause I had a great time over there and can help you with any advice from trips to take and places to and not to see. Not too many of the latter.

Thanks,

Rodge
I am pretty sure there are other people on here who are dual passport holders, perhaps they will be able to answer your question for you.

As ABC has said, the UK WHV for OZ is 12 months. It did use to be 2 years but they changed this probably 3 or 4 years ago. OZ to UK WHV is still 2 years though for some reason.