Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Some advice please

Some advice please

Old Jul 16th 2005, 12:13 am
BE Forum Addict

joho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond repute
Default Some advice please

We have a house in uk which we rent out as the property market was so bad. I have a good tenant in there and the agreement was to leave it for a year and then sell. I am still happy with that arrangement. My problem is that I love the street that I'm living on and would love to stay here, but the rental we are in has no pool and I desperatly want one. There is a house 3 doors down up for sale and is perfect for us. Its on the market for $469k. My husband is on a 4 month contract earning approx $110k year. Would we be able to get a mortgage with him only on a contract with no guarantee of extension or getting this much in his next job. What would you offer for the house, its been on the market for about 3 months. We have approx £65k equity in the UK house. Oh what to do.

Jo
Old Jul 16th 2005, 12:42 am

guest81707 is a jewel in the roughguest81707 is a jewel in the roughguest81707 is a jewel in the roughguest81707 is a jewel in the roughguest81707 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Some advice please

You may well struggle to get a mortgage only being on contract we did, don't even bother with Aussie home loans they are only interested in quick dealsa s are Rams, we ended up using Australian Mortgage Finance Group look them up on the web "amfg". We are paying slightly over the odds but the mortgage is the golden egg.

As for the price of the house well look around the area and see what comparables are selling for, then even after all that your heart will rule your head anyway.if you want it buy it !!! Remeber though the market is in decline right now so make an offer and stick to it, the first one you see isn't always the one for you.............

As for your other place sell it get your money out and have some bargaining power, hey don't worry about your tenants thye'll drop you if someething better comes along it's human nature................

Good luck