Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Soccer Experts - Help needed again

Soccer Experts - Help needed again

Old Jun 14th 2004, 5:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Vicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Soccer Experts - Help needed again

Thanks to everyone who helped me out last time, by picking France to beat England I am thru to the next round of the competition. Anyway for Round 2 I have to come up with the winners of the following, so what are your thoughts? A draw is an option.

Greece vs Spain

England vs Switzerland.

Many thanks for your help.
Old Jun 14th 2004, 5:27 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

God help me, but I think even England can beat Switzerland. As for the others, don't know prob draw, if not Spain to win.
Old Jun 14th 2004, 7:09 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Spain & England for me. Although they way my Aussie rules tips have gone this week I'll prob get both wrong.
Old Jun 14th 2004, 7:23 am
Forum Regular

Gazza is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Soccer Experts - Help needed again

Originally posted by Vicky88
Thanks to everyone who helped me out last time, by picking France to beat England I am thru to the next round of the competition. Anyway for Round 2 I have to come up with the winners of the following, so what are your thoughts? A draw is an option.

Greece vs Spain

England vs Switzerland.

Greece played really well aganist Portugal and may well get a draw against Spain - Prediction 0-0

Switzerland looked fairly poor yesterday - England to win 2-0

Gaz
Old Jun 14th 2004, 8:00 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

ARGGHHHHHHHH Even my own husband is now a soccer expert! Get me outta here!!!!
Old Jun 14th 2004, 8:35 am
Waitin for my RPL result.

phyonics is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah, Spain and England for me too.

Spain could be pushed hard by Greece though after Greece outplayed Portugal.

God help us if we can't beat Switzerland......

Marko
Old Jun 14th 2004, 8:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Bordy
Spain & England for me. Although they way my Aussie rules tips have gone this week I'll prob get both wrong.

Good chance for me to mention the Bulldogs 23 point win over the Saints - bet you didn't tip that one!

There are very few threads on Euro 2004 and the rugby - not a very good weekend for England all told!!

Spain and England for me too but who can tell after Greece beating Portugal and England going from winners to losers in 1 minute?

OzTennis
Old Jun 14th 2004, 10:15 am
Arriving in GC 12th Jan

elksa will become famous soon enoughelksa will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by Vicky88

Greece vs Spain

England vs Switzerland.

Got to go against the tide of opinion on this one. Like the Spanish but didn't see anything that would scare me from their performance against a poor Russia team. Plump for the Greeks to upset the apple cart again.

Got to be England, although we lost a lot of positives to take out of the game. Rooney, Lampard, King. Take the genius that is Zidane out of the French team and you could count on one hand the number of saves James had to make throughout the match.
Old Jun 14th 2004, 10:27 am
Forum Regular

KayCee is an unknown quantity at this point

I think (and hope) England can beat Switzerland,if not then we may as well come home now.
AS for Greece and Spain I really don't know. Greece have more to prove than Spain and showed that they can do it, so I think it will be a good game, but will go for a draw.
And yes, I think we deserved to lose the rugby as we were so unorganised and didn't seem to want to chase the ball or attack the Kiwi's!. I even got up erly to watch as well. We have to play better next week!!!
Old Jun 14th 2004, 12:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by elksa
Got to go against the tide of opinion on this one. Like the Spanish but didn't see anything that would scare me from their performance against a poor Russia team. Plump for the Greeks to upset the apple cart again.

Got to be England, although we lost a lot of positives to take out of the game. Rooney, Lampard, King. Take the genius that is Zidane out of the French team and you could count on one hand the number of saves James had to make throughout the match.
Sir Bobby Robson saw what was coming 20 minutes before the end, the 'John Bull' he was commentating with thought England ran the game and must have been watching a different match to me!

Rooney should not have been taken off - what sort of a run did he have to earn the penalty minutes before he was taken off - tiring, nothing more to give they said. Heskey gave away the free kick that Zidane scored from and Gerrard should have put the ball into Row Z if he wasn't going to look up and see Henry. Disappointing but only a group game and if they are good enough, like Portugal, they will get through to the next stages. Switzerland and Croatia don't look like anything to fear.

OzTennis
Old Jun 14th 2004, 1:25 pm
Re mem mem member

loose will become famous soon enough

Bad substitutions. Rooney was still causing problems and Scholes was having a good game. if he wanted to see the game out he should have left Rooney up front alone, and brought Butt on for the last 10 mins. So close......

And James was at fault for the 1st. He gambled that Zizou would go over the wall, bad goalkeeping.

Spain to pip Greece, but it wont be easy.

England will have up worried by playing rubbish but will scrape by Switzerland (will then have a blinder right through to win the final)