Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

So who's in limbo?

So who's in limbo?

Old Jun 26th 2005, 12:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

pako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nice
Talking So who's in limbo?

I'm moving out to Melbourne with my Aussie husband in November. I have my visa, we've booked and paid for our flights and now its just a case of waiting. We're quite over living in London but we need to save a little more money otherwise we'd have gone out sooner. I feel like we're living in limbo and I just want to get on with things which is hard when I know we're moving. The only preparation we have to do now is ship our stuff, and quite frankly i'm really bored... Anyone is the same boat and any tips on how to pass the time without spending too much money?
Old Jun 26th 2005, 2:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Santa is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: So who's in limbo?

Yep, imagine you were already here and then think about the places you'd wished you'd been when you were in the UK, then go and visit them. Its a long way back from here to see Stonhenge.
Old Jun 26th 2005, 7:51 pm
Forum Regular

JG04 is just really niceJG04 is just really niceJG04 is just really niceJG04 is just really niceJG04 is just really niceJG04 is just really niceJG04 is just really niceJG04 is just really niceJG04 is just really niceJG04 is just really niceJG04 is just really nice

I agree. Went to Stonehenge a few weeks ago (thought it would be bigger!! ) I'm doing more touristy things in London (although that does cost money I know!) that I know I won't ever come back to do when I've gone. Also trying to spend more time with the people I will leave behind.

Originally Posted by Santa
Yep, imagine you were already here and then think about the places you'd wished you'd been when you were in the UK, then go and visit them. Its a long way back from here to see Stonhenge.
Old Jun 26th 2005, 9:30 pm
Forum Regular

nomayaja has a spectacular aura aboutnomayaja has a spectacular aura aboutnomayaja has a spectacular aura about

Yip, we're in limbo too. We are now waiting for a reply from DIMIA to see if we get our visas for Oz. Don't want to think what will happen if we don't get in At least your limbo is waiting to get there, ours is ARE we going to get there! Enjoy your last summer in London!

Take care and good luck
Marina
Old Jun 26th 2005, 9:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

coxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to all

We are so in limbo, it isn't funny. It is so hard not to think of our lives in Aus and to remain in the present. All we keep thinking of is when we get to Aus (and we haven't even had our assessment back yet :scared: ). It is hard to get 'involved' with our family and friend's lives as deep down inside we know that ultimately, in a short period of time, we won't be a part of them any longer - sad but the way it is.