British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Snuggie - where to buy on the 'High Street'? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/snuggie-where-buy-high-street-663108/)

Cheetah7 Apr 9th 2010 12:20 pm

Re: Snuggie - where to buy on the 'High Street'?

Originally Posted by Kingseat (Post 8482943)
Perth gets cold. This morning was 14 degrees at 7 am. It will get warmer during the day but come 4 ish it will drop like a stone.

It gets cold in this house at night. Last year we had duvets on the sofa in the evening! No fire here and after a previous thread I started, I am reluctant to go down the gas fire route as we don't have a flu.

It is deffo getting colder - I have re-instated my fluffy dressing gown although I think if I bought a snuggie, Mr PP would not be amused, he is somewhat scornful of the snuggie advert and is convinced it is a joke and such a monster does not exist except in the form of the fabric it is made from.

I might order a sexy snuggy, nice and fluffy and warm and then a saucy layer of lace under it so I can flash the snuggie at Mr PP.:p

Kooky. Apr 9th 2010 9:18 pm

Just wear your dressing gown back to front, PP - same effect.

leigh-c Apr 10th 2010 4:51 pm

I just saw the ad for the Snuggie the other night. I thought it was stupid idea, but I couldn’t change the channel because I was under a blanket and I didn’t want my arms to get cold whilst trying to find the remote… :p :rofl:

quoll Apr 10th 2010 9:28 pm

Ah, had the misfortune to see the ad last night - it is now called an "Aussie Cozy" (where is the vomit icon when you need it?!) and it was portrayed as being a great Aussie invention.

jad n rich Apr 11th 2010 7:02 am

Originally Posted by quoll (Post 8486941)
Ah, had the misfortune to see the ad last night - it is now called an "Aussie Cozy" (where is the vomit icon when you need it?!) and it was portrayed as being a great Aussie invention.

Yep saw the aussie invention ad:lol:

I must be a snuggie novice, I mean aussie cozy novice, why do you wear it like an operating gown with your bum out all cold.

Will they be the new thing to wear to the supermarket this year, probably on the catwalks of wogga right now.

Bermudashorts Apr 11th 2010 10:10 am

Originally Posted by jad n rich (Post 8487500)
Yep saw the aussie invention ad:lol:

I must be a snuggie novice, I mean aussie cozy novice, why do you wear it like an operating gown with your bum out all cold.

Will they be the new thing to wear to the supermarket this year, probably on the catwalks of wogga right now.

You don't walk around with them on, you just sit on the sofa underneath it. They are a bit too long to walk around in too I think, a definite trip hazard.

moneypenny20 Apr 11th 2010 11:09 am

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts (Post 8487772)
You don't walk around with them on, you just sit on the sofa underneath it. They are a bit too long to walk around in too I think, a definite trip hazard.

What about the idiots who are prepared to show the world they are idiots by wearing them to sporting events? :lol: I'm sorry, I think they are as ridiculous as the big double boot thing you're supposed to put both feet in :eek: