British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Snuggie - where to buy on the 'High Street'? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/snuggie-where-buy-high-street-663108/)

Jen1977ni Apr 8th 2010 9:32 am

Snuggie - where to buy on the 'High Street'?

So where can I get a nice wee snuggie for the 'Winter', cheaply, on the 'High Street'?

I think they look cool lol

soulrebel Apr 8th 2010 9:35 am

Re: Snuggie - where to buy on the 'High Street'?

Hi Jen
Whats a Snuggie??

xzibit Apr 8th 2010 9:38 am

SRS??

You want a Snuggie?? :rofl:

canadaeh Apr 8th 2010 9:42 am

Hahaha, do you seriously want one?

It’s for people who get trapped in normal blankets. The snuggie is a blanket with sleves, lol.

Here is the actual TV add, lol

Gotta love the video! (Here is the parody)

Paula31 Apr 8th 2010 10:03 am

Snuggies are everywhere at the moment. We are swamped with them, so much so that we are going to become a Snuggie society and everyone will go out in their Snuggies (as these have not been banned from Tesco's like pyjamas have). They are roughly selling for about £5 on our markets, a bit more expensive in the shops, but hey, that's back in Britain, you can't have it all ways :p

moneypenny20 Apr 8th 2010 10:04 am

Someone on here offered to buy me one (buy one get one free) but I turned them down. Who was it? :confused: They might still have it available. I would have to be 90 and have Alzeimers before I would put one on.:lol:

maund family Apr 8th 2010 10:23 am

sat through the advert the other day with my daughter, never laughed so much. I didn't know they were designed for outdoor use as well:rofl:
So where can I get mine from them?;)

curly Apr 8th 2010 11:04 am

Sure I've seen them in Crazy Clarkes :)

pomtastic Apr 8th 2010 11:08 am

You could always wear a dressing gown back to front. :lol:

dave99 Apr 8th 2010 11:12 am

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni (Post 8480925)
So where can I get a nice wee snuggie for the 'Winter', cheaply, on the 'High Street'?

I think they look cool lol

oh dear

Jen1977ni Apr 8th 2010 11:21 am

Originally Posted by dave99 (Post 8481162)
oh dear

Not 'look cool' as in I'd be seen outside with one on, but as in a good way to keep warm lol Cheeky sod lol

moneypenny20 Apr 8th 2010 11:34 am

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni (Post 8481180)
Not 'look cool' as in I'd be seen outside with one on, but as in a good way to keep warm lol Cheeky sod lol

No they're not. They're seriously the most ridiculous thing created. Big gap down the back and only one size. Your street cred, even without actually having one, has fallen below anything you can ever recover from. Normal clothes, a wood burner, a decent duvet and a large bowl of beef stew and dumplings will do the same thing and be far more 'cool'.

Jen1977ni Apr 8th 2010 11:37 am

Originally Posted by moneypenny20 (Post 8481211)
No they're not. They're seriously the most ridiculous thing created. Big gap down the back and only one size. Your street cred, even without actually having one, has fallen below anything you can ever recover from. Normal clothes, a wood burner, a decent duvet and a large bowl of beef stew and dumplings will do the same thing and be far more 'cool'.

I don't eat red meat lol :p

Bermudashorts Apr 8th 2010 11:38 am

I have a baby pink snuggie, got it for christmas and it is wonderful.

It is nothing like a dressing gown back to front as it is bigger and longer and you can curl up underneath it. It doesn't matter that there is a big gap down the back because it is designed for use when sitting down.

I love my snuggie. :thumbsup:

Jen1977ni Apr 8th 2010 11:41 am

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts (Post 8481215)
I have a baby pink snuggie, got it for christmas and it is wonderful.

It is nothing like a dressing gown back to front as it is bigger and longer and you can curl up underneath it. It doesn't matter that there is a big gap down the back because it is designed for use when sitting down.

I love my snuggie. :thumbsup:

YAY:thumbsup: