Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Snaps to inspire.............

Snaps to inspire.............

Old Nov 11th 2007, 3:02 am
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Snaps to inspire.............

Originally Posted by steve`o
calarla bay nsw
sunset north of sydney
view from amp tower sydney
stockton beach ( blody huge 32k long 2/3 k deep )
three sisiters in blue mountains
Wow I've just found some snaps from when we first arrived in 2004! Can't believe how the boys have changed and grown! They were just babies!

Look at them now!
Attached Thumbnails Snaps to inspire.............-17380dcp_0904.jpg   Snaps to inspire.............-17380dcp_1014.jpg   Snaps to inspire.............-17380dcp_1594.jpg   Snaps to inspire.............-aarongreeneyes.jpg   Snaps to inspire.............-brekkyclub3.jpg  

Old Nov 14th 2007, 7:16 am
BE Enthusiast

caleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant future

If you haven't already then its worth getting on UKNova and downloading this:

The Genius Of Photography Ep 1/6
Thursday 25 October
9.00-10.00pm BBC FOUR

The Genius Of Photography is the BBC's most comprehensive look at one of the
world's most influential art forms – exploring every aspect of photography from
daguerreotype to digital.

Featuring many of the greatest photographs ever taken – and the photographers who
took them – this new, six-part series looks at the history of photography, from
Man Ray and Walker Evans to more contemporary geniuses such as Richard Avedon,
Sally Mann and Martin Parr.

The series begins in a palazzo on the Grand Canal, Venice. Using bin-liners and
masking tape, photographer Abe Morell turns a room into a camera. He cuts a small
hole to let a tight beam of light into the blacked-out room and, with it, the
outside world comes pouring in – upside down and twice as natural, thereby
demonstrating one half of the simple but profound physical principles on which
photography is based.

The other half – the problem of "fixing the shadows" – took longer to solve but,
when that was done by two rival methods announced in 1839 by Henry Fox Talbot and
Louis Daguerre, photography was born.

Tonight's programme tells the story of the inventions of photography and the way
in which it became an integral part of the modern world – not just by documenting
but also by changing the way people understood their world. It describes the
remarkable achievements of the pioneer photographers including Edward Muybridge's
Motion Studies – the revolution that took place when George Eastman made
photography available to the masses with the invention of the Kodak brand and the
story of Jacques-Henri Lartigue, the child photographer and ultimate amateur.
There are also interviews with Chuck Close and David Byrne.

http://www.uknova.com/wsgi/torrent/view/50904
Old Nov 14th 2007, 9:26 am
not sure...

RedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond repute

ok, I'm no photographer but I think I got some nice ones on our recent trip...

Snaps to inspire.............-100_0790.jpg

Snaps to inspire.............-100_0797.jpg

Snaps to inspire.............-100_0879.jpg

Snaps to inspire.............-100_0902-1.jpg

Snaps to inspire.............-100_0905.jpg

hope this works, am rubbish at tecchie stuff....

they are from top to bottom: Wollongong (whre my bro lives), Sydney (Botanical Gardens viewd from the side of the Opera House), Sydney Harbour Bridge, ship with Opera House in the background and the Blue Mountains.

Therese

Last edited by RedT; Nov 14th 2007 at 9:29 am. Reason: added locations
Old Nov 14th 2007, 5:09 pm
egghead4+becky

egghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud of

[QUOTE=Simon.and.Kate;5537464]I thought I'd contribute. Here's my favorites from this Augusts trip. Townsville and North, with a few in Sydney.

i love your photos, especially the ones of mossmon gorge, as I went there when I backpacked up to port douglas. I was absolutely eaten alive by mozzies, which was the only down side, but the scenery was beautiful.
bec
Old Nov 15th 2007, 8:45 pm
Forum Regular

mark937 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by caleb2003
If you haven't already then its worth getting on UKNova and downloading this:

The Genius Of Photography Ep 1/6
Thursday 25 October
9.00-10.00pm BBC FOUR

The Genius Of Photography is the BBC's most comprehensive look at one of the
world's most influential art forms – exploring every aspect of photography from
daguerreotype to digital.

Featuring many of the greatest photographs ever taken – and the photographers who
took them – this new, six-part series looks at the history of photography, from
Man Ray and Walker Evans to more contemporary geniuses such as Richard Avedon,
Sally Mann and Martin Parr.

The series begins in a palazzo on the Grand Canal, Venice. Using bin-liners and
masking tape, photographer Abe Morell turns a room into a camera. He cuts a small
hole to let a tight beam of light into the blacked-out room and, with it, the
outside world comes pouring in – upside down and twice as natural, thereby
demonstrating one half of the simple but profound physical principles on which
photography is based.

The other half – the problem of "fixing the shadows" – took longer to solve but,
when that was done by two rival methods announced in 1839 by Henry Fox Talbot and
Louis Daguerre, photography was born.

Tonight's programme tells the story of the inventions of photography and the way
in which it became an integral part of the modern world – not just by documenting
but also by changing the way people understood their world. It describes the
remarkable achievements of the pioneer photographers including Edward Muybridge's
Motion Studies – the revolution that took place when George Eastman made
photography available to the masses with the invention of the Kodak brand and the
story of Jacques-Henri Lartigue, the child photographer and ultimate amateur.
There are also interviews with Chuck Close and David Byrne.

http://www.uknova.com/wsgi/torrent/view/50904

littababe's other half here - I'll download that for her as I don't think shes seen that one. Shes actually got her own company now, working out of Noosa and is doing pretty well (Funky Photography). She's working 6 days a week, dooing child/baby/family portrait - she has a studio but also goes out on location to peoples homes. She still does land/seascape as thats what she loves, but the babies bring the money in!
Old Nov 15th 2007, 10:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

s-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mark937
littababe's other half here - I'll download that for her as I don't think shes seen that one. Shes actually got her own company now, working out of Noosa and is doing pretty well (Funky Photography). She's working 6 days a week, dooing child/baby/family portrait - she has a studio but also goes out on location to peoples homes. She still does land/seascape as thats what she loves, but the babies bring the money in!
Ey up big marky!! See you soon chum xx
Old Nov 16th 2007, 8:33 am
BE Enthusiast

caleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by mark937
Excellent, good to see true talent not being wasted.
I imagine if she gets the tourists then business will be booming!

ps. the photography program is a series, its up to 4 now I think of six but they're all on there
Old Nov 16th 2007, 6:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caleb2003
Excellent, good to see true talent not being wasted.
I imagine if she gets the tourists then business will be booming!

ps. the photography program is a series, its up to 4 now I think of six but they're all on there
Thanks for that, will have a tutorials evening I think! Nahh don't do tourists, just the locals, amzing how many Mum's and dads haven't had pics of their kids taken! Have brought some great software, skin retouching and smoothing - a lot quicker than Adobe!

Sarah J can't wait to see you! have a safe flight - good luck with the twins! Arranging their birthday party for the next weekend you're up here. BBQ at the beach and park chick!
Old Nov 16th 2007, 6:56 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=glittababe;5563501]Thanks for that, will have a tutorials evening I think! Nahh don't do tourists, just the locals, amzing how many Mum's and dads haven't had pics of their kids taken! Have brought some great software, skin retouching and smoothing - a lot quicker than Adobe!

QUOTE]

what software are you using ???

regards steve
Old Nov 16th 2007, 7:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

[QUOTE=steve`o;5563508]
Originally Posted by glittababe
Thanks for that, will have a tutorials evening I think! Nahh don't do tourists, just the locals, amzing how many Mum's and dads haven't had pics of their kids taken! Have brought some great software, skin retouching and smoothing - a lot quicker than Adobe!

QUOTE]

what software are you using ???

regards steve
I've got a few programmes but the one I'm impressed with is Professional Portrait Editing - you load your image up, mark out the eyes, lips and chin and let the software do the rest - it adds a surface blur to smooth out the skin (wrinkles,freckles etc) but keeps the eyes, nose and lips sharp. You can do the same on Adobe but it takes ages! After that i reopen the image in adobe CS2 to add catch lights to eyes or desaturate etc
Old Nov 16th 2007, 7:11 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=glittababe;5563550]

I've got a few programmes but the one I'm impressed with is Professional Portrait Editing - you load your image up, mark out the eyes, lips and chin and let the software do the rest - it adds a surface blur to smooth out the skin (wrinkles,freckles etc) but keeps the eyes, nose and lips sharp. You can do the same on Adobe but it takes ages! After that i reopen the image in adobe CS2 to add catch lights to eyes or desaturate etc
thanks for sharing
Old Nov 16th 2007, 7:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

[QUOTE=steve`o;5563567]

thanks for sharing
I shall get teccie hubby to upload it for you as I got it as a free download. Thats when he gets up! He's doing McHappy day today at Noosa if anyone wants to go in and throw burgers at him! Its between 3-6pm.
Old Nov 16th 2007, 7:25 pm
Worongary

[QUOTE=glittababe;5563613]

I shall get teccie hubby to upload it for you as I got it as a free download. Thats when he gets up! He's doing McHappy day today at Noosa if anyone wants to go in and throw burgers at him! Its between 3-6pm.
well thanks again then
Old Nov 16th 2007, 7:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

[QUOTE=steve`o;5563567]

thanks for sharing
Here you go, here's some images I've done using the surface blur mode
Attached Thumbnails Snaps to inspire.............-dsc_0028.jpg   Snaps to inspire.............-dsc_0038.jpg   Snaps to inspire.............-dsc_0038_00.jpg   Snaps to inspire.............-dsc_0037.jpg   Snaps to inspire.............-dsc_0120.jpg  

Old Nov 16th 2007, 7:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

[QUOTE=glittababe;5563644]
Here you go, here's some images I've done using the surface blur mode
and this one I've added catch lights to his eyes because they were so dark
Attached Thumbnails Snaps to inspire.............-dsc_0119.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.