Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sleeping Pills to get through flight?

Sleeping Pills to get through flight?

Old Feb 24th 2007, 8:09 am
Forum Regular

liverpool girl is a name known to allliverpool girl is a name known to allliverpool girl is a name known to allliverpool girl is a name known to allliverpool girl is a name known to allliverpool girl is a name known to allliverpool girl is a name known to allliverpool girl is a name known to allliverpool girl is a name known to allliverpool girl is a name known to allliverpool girl is a name known to all
Cool Sleeping Pills to get through flight?

Just wondered if anyone had taken sleeping pills to help them sleep through the flight. I never ever sleep on planes and thought that maybe taking taking a sleeping pill might make the flight back to the UK pass a little quicker. Never taken one in my life so don't know whether it is possible that they can have the opposite effect? Does anyone have any good/bad experiences or advice to offer?
Old Feb 24th 2007, 8:12 am
Account Closed

Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Sleeping Pills to get through flight?

Originally Posted by liverpool girl
Just wondered if anyone had taken sleeping pills to help them sleep through the flight. I never ever sleep on planes and thought that maybe taking taking a sleeping pill might make the flight back to the UK pass a little quicker. Never taken one in my life so don't know whether it is possible that they can have the opposite effect? Does anyone have any good/bad experiences or advice to offer?
Like you, I don't sleep on flights so I tried some sleeping tablets once ... yes I got to sleep but YES the jet-lag was a lot worse than either just going without sleep or taking advantage of the complementary Jim Beam.
Old Feb 24th 2007, 9:02 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

If you have never taken a sleeping pill before you will not know what the affects will be. You would hate to be 35,000' up and have a bad reaction to a pill. You're best to just try to relax and if you don't sleep on the first leg you will certainly be tired enough to sleep on the second.
Old Feb 24th 2007, 9:28 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I knew someone who took pills just before boarding, flight was delayed for 6 hours, she fell asleep in the departure lounge and they had to wake her up to get on the plane ..... and then she had to stay awake for the whole flight!
Old Feb 24th 2007, 10:50 am
Forum Regular

Davla is an unknown quantity at this point

Have you thought of taking Nytol herbal? Or you can get medicine I think it's called Fenigan or something like that, You can give it to children for long flights but also adults can take it too. You can by it over the counter. Try @ home before you try anything though!
Hope that helps
Law
Old Feb 24th 2007, 10:51 am
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

1970's state tax papers do it for me
Old Feb 24th 2007, 10:56 am
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thebears
1970's state tax papers do it for me
we came back on a night flight from perth so i popped a couple,it was great i woke up at dubi and again in birmingham....fantastic....
Old Feb 24th 2007, 10:59 am
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aston man
we came back on a night flight from perth so i popped a couple,it was great i woke up at dubi and again in birmingham....fantastic....
I was thinking of perhaps a Quantas business class flight

...but then i saw the lady in question and woke up Fiennes must of been given date drug in his drink - so be careful guys real careful.
Old Feb 24th 2007, 11:07 am
Forum Regular

soldierblue is a glorious beacon of lightsoldierblue is a glorious beacon of lightsoldierblue is a glorious beacon of lightsoldierblue is a glorious beacon of lightsoldierblue is a glorious beacon of lightsoldierblue is a glorious beacon of lightsoldierblue is a glorious beacon of lightsoldierblue is a glorious beacon of lightsoldierblue is a glorious beacon of lightsoldierblue is a glorious beacon of lightsoldierblue is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Davla
Have you thought of taking Nytol herbal? Or you can get medicine I think it's called Fenigan or something like that, You can give it to children for long flights but also adults can take it too. You can by it over the counter. Try @ home before you try anything though!
Hope that helps
Law
Ive got Nytol herbal for my flight tonight because I hardly get to sleep on the flight either. Never tried them before but Ive heard they are quite good.

Mark
Old Feb 24th 2007, 11:20 am
Forum Regular

Davla is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by soldierblue
Ive got Nytol herbal for my flight tonight because I hardly get to sleep on the flight either. Never tried them before but Ive heard they are quite good.

Mark
Hi Mark,
My friend took one on her flight to singapore & she slept through most of the journey.
Law
Old Feb 24th 2007, 11:21 am
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

Yes and they work well.

But I stopped after all the DVT stuff came out.

Old Feb 24th 2007, 11:48 am
BE Enthusiast

john_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond repute

hi
we had travel sickness tablets and that did the trick think they have something to make you sleepy in them ask pharma in chemist from laine
Old Feb 24th 2007, 11:54 am

snow-white is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by john_w
hi
we had travel sickness tablets and that did the trick think they have something to make you sleepy in them ask pharma in chemist from laine
would you just ask doctors for prescription for adults and children to take ie tell them your going on long haul flight would they give you something?
Old Feb 24th 2007, 11:59 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

i would recommend not to sleep makes u fit in this side easier

Last edited by biggy; Feb 24th 2007 at 12:02 pm.
Old Feb 24th 2007, 12:31 pm
Former Resident Visa

Jaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond repute

I got some sleeping tablets from the doctor for our flight to Sydney. The OH decided to take some and zonked for hours as we went JAL and had a 12 and 12 hours flights. He dribbled on the person next to him as I was sat with the kids. He then demanded he filled in the arrival form - In the queue I noticed he had:
He had ticked YES for TB
Ticked YES for the farming/horticulture thing
And he said "I haven't filled that in!!"
After a mad dash around the queue we found a blank one and filled it correctly

After all this I then go to immigration and show the medicines we have brought.
The doctor had prescribed "illegal" to Australia sleeping tablets AAARRGGHHH
To cut a long story short - they counted them - showed them to many other immigration people and let us have them back

Sleeping tablets - NOOOOOOOooooo don't do it!!

Last edited by Jaycee1; Feb 24th 2007 at 12:35 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.