Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sleep Problems -Pre MIgration ??

Sleep Problems -Pre MIgration ??

Old Nov 7th 2005, 9:20 am
Account Closed

mindblower is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Sleep Problems -Pre MIgration ??

Hi All

Since I got involved in the migration process I have found I cannot sleep properly . I'm not conscious of the OZ thing when I go to bed I just cant nod off anymore , then when I do nod off I have weird dreams..

I this some kind of stress ? Anyone else had this type of thing ?

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Dave
Old Nov 7th 2005, 9:22 am
birmingham to brisbane

cam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nice
Default Re: Sleep Problems -Pre MIgration ??

Originally Posted by mindblower
Hi All

Since I got involved in the migration process I have found I cannot sleep properly . I'm not conscious of the OZ thing when I go to bed I just cant nod off anymore , then when I do nod off I have weird dreams..

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Dave
from the moment my visa application went in i found myself waking 3 or 4 times a night and checking my emails !!!

we were stressed during the wait for our visa's and now stressed about the big move ... i guess its a cross i bear until we are settled in our new home

*but its worth it .. i'm sure !!*
Old Nov 7th 2005, 9:37 am
BE Enthusiast

pako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nice

You're not alone, I've not had trouble with sleeping, but chronic headaches and I've lost the best part of 2 dress sizes since the start of the year - all stress related I tell. My husband on the other hand is as cool as a cucumber. I am a worrier by nature though, I reckon it will all be worth it in the end. It is one one the biggest decisions you can make in life. It's a great opportunity you've got to give it a shot..all the best kathy
Old Nov 7th 2005, 9:38 am
Love Tiffany's

Welshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud of

Hi All

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Dave
Oh yes, I'm waiting for student visa..it's imminent...haven't slept properly since application went..hubby then classified Cat B on medicals....visa delayed...Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.......wake up 5 or 6 times every night... I look like shit....house on market too so I wake up worrying about that as well...

Its stressful to say the least!!!
Old Nov 7th 2005, 10:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: London - but only until I can afford to move back to Sydney
isgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to behold

Hi All

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Dave
I have had sleep problems ever since my visa came through. I didn't have any stress problems while applying for the visa as I was fairly confident that I would get it and my agent was handling all of the difficult stuff. The stress of packing up your whole life and getting ready to move is another story all together, I really havent enjoyed it and can't wait to get over there and start building a new life for myself
Old Nov 7th 2005, 11:31 am
BE Enthusiast

woogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nice

Hi All

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Dave

Hi Dave

I can only add if I spend an hour on this bloody site before I go to bed I do find it difficult
Think you just lie there churning things over and over.
So if you do go on this site most nights,try having a night off - says me who's sat here at lunch time
Good luck.
Old Nov 7th 2005, 11:33 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Dave u just gotta have a good chugg every nite u b sorted mate
Old Nov 7th 2005, 11:40 am
BE Enthusiast

lawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud of

HELL YES, REALLY BADLY. I cant sleep at all at the moment too excited and too stressed with everything I need to do. my stupid mattress with springs digging into my back doesnt help either
Old Nov 7th 2005, 11:46 am
BE Enthusiast

woogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nice

You never know, at least we might all get some kip on the plane,sounds like everyone is knackered
Old Nov 7th 2005, 11:48 am
BE Enthusiast

pootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant future

i used to wake up frequently in the middle of the night remember stuff i needed to do
what i did was kept a notepad & pen by the side of the bed - when i woke up i would write it down - otherwise i would worry all night that i might forget it again!

hth

pootle26
Old Nov 7th 2005, 11:59 am
Account Closed

Three Legs is an unknown quantity at this point

Try counting sheep and then imagine shearing them ...

Hi All

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Dave
Old Nov 8th 2005, 9:55 am
Just Joined

stef will become famous soon enough
Smile Re: Sleep Problems -Pre MIgration ??

Originally Posted by Three Legs
Try counting sheep and then imagine shearing them ...
Crazy arent we. We must feel like we re the only ones going through it. Coming on site make s you realise we re not on our own and that some people are maybe in more of a pickle than ourselves (with house sales falling through etc..) We have to take it a day at a time and deal with any problem when it happens. And if you feel you need to let off steam or ask advice at least we ve got this crackin site. When people take the time to reply to you you dont feel quite as alone. I m so glad i discovered it. Only been a member about 3 wks and i ve learned so much. No, you re not on your own.
Old Nov 8th 2005, 11:24 am
BE Enthusiast

debilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant future

Hi All

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Dave
I had terrible trouble sleeping, so much stuff going round in my head. I eventually bought some Kalms to help me sleep. Now we have our visas and our flights are booked, I want to sleep all the time - must be catching up I guess
Old Nov 8th 2005, 9:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Well,just spent 2 hours on this site tonight - so let's see if I can manage some sleep
Old Nov 8th 2005, 9:26 pm

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by pako
I've lost the best part of 2 dress sizes since the start of the year - all stress related I tell.
You lucky thing. I have gone up 2 dress sizes through comfort eating. Oops