Reload this Page >

Twenty and thirty-somethings in Melbourne

Twenty and thirty-somethings in Melbourne

Old Nov 7th 2005, 7:50 pm
Just Joined

stockers is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Twenty and thirty-somethings in Melbourne

Hello!

I'm moving to Melbourne in January for a year on secondment to the Victoria state Government. Have been trying to arrange this for ages, and can't believe I'm finally going!

Would like to hear from other peeps in their 20's and 30's (I'm 27) who are out in Melbourne/Victoria working. Any tips for places to meet new people and things to do would be gratefully received! I'm interested in photography and learning to surf amongst lots of other things, so details of any groups to join/courses would be really useful!

Thanks

Debbie
Old Nov 7th 2005, 9:09 pm
Rocket Man

Andycroswell is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Twenty and thirty-somethings in Melbourne

Hello there
I am living and working in melbourne, moved here from Lancashire 3 years ago, after meeting my Australian wife in Lancashire, we now have a one year old son
Life in Melbourne is great, apart from the changeable weather.
Fed Sq, St Kilda Market, are great places to mingle
Andrew
Old Nov 7th 2005, 11:24 pm
Just Joined

irishtimes is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Debbie, My partner and I (both 31) have just arrived in Melbourne, been here a week now and loving it. Quite fortunate as we had some friends here already so not really made many new contacts yet! Dont think you'll have any probs meeting people everyone seems soo friendly here.

Interested to see that you are on a secondment to the VIC state government, what is it that you do?

Old Nov 7th 2005, 11:42 pm
Just Joined

Ahhh Andrew a fellow lancashire expat, we have just relocated to Melbourne from sunny St Annes on Sea!

Old Nov 8th 2005, 12:45 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

There are always Ex Pat meet ups where you can have a BBQ or picnic & a glass or two of
There is one this Saturday in Mornington, a bit soon for you but I'm sure we will catch up with you one day.
Old Nov 8th 2005, 12:49 am
Rocket Man

Andycroswell is an unknown quantity at this point

i am from sunny wigan originally, then moved to sunnier chorley !
Old Nov 8th 2005, 6:55 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by irishtimes
Hello Debbie, My partner and I (both 31) have just arrived in Melbourne, been here a week now and loving it. Quite fortunate as we had some friends here already so not really made many new contacts yet! Dont think you'll have any probs meeting people everyone seems soo friendly here.

Interested to see that you are on a secondment to the VIC state government, what is it that you do?

Good to hear everyone's so friendly and that you're enjoying Melbourne life! . I work on climate change policy at the mo (for a quiet life!!), and will be doing the same for Vic govt.
Old Nov 8th 2005, 6:58 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Bordy
There are always Ex Pat meet ups where you can have a BBQ or picnic & a glass or two of
There is one this Saturday in Mornington, a bit soon for you but I'm sure we will catch up with you one day.
Hey, thanks What's the best way to find out about the meet ups? Picnic sounds cool, its so cold here at the mo am looking forward to getting out to the Aussie summer!!
Old Nov 8th 2005, 7:07 am
BE Enthusiast

pako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nice

Hiya,

I'm 28 and my husband is 32, and we're moving out to Melbourne in a few weeks. We have a few friends in Melbourne by are looking forward to making a whole lot more. We have family in Victoria also, Kathy
Old Nov 8th 2005, 7:54 am
Just Joined

Hiya Kathy, enjoy your last few weeks in blighty...ours were mad and we are just about recovered!

Sarah
Old Nov 8th 2005, 9:28 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by pako
Hiya,

I'm 28 and my husband is 32, and we're moving out to Melbourne in a few weeks. We have a few friends in Melbourne by are looking forward to making a whole lot more. We have family in Victoria also, Kathy
Hey, hope all goes well in your last few weeks here before you go - I think I'm being a bit too relaxed about it all at the mo and should probably get my arse in gear and start organising things! At least I now know that i'm leaving work on 18 Jan, so I can start counting the days down!!

Debbie
Old Nov 8th 2005, 9:39 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by stockers
Hey, thanks What's the best way to find out about the meet ups? Picnic sounds cool, its so cold here at the mo am looking forward to getting out to the Aussie summer!!
ah - found the meet up section on the site now!!!