Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Skills Assessment PASSED.....what do we do now?

Skills Assessment PASSED.....what do we do now?

Old Mar 10th 2004, 9:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Olibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond repute
Default Skills Assessment PASSED.....what do we do now?

Hi all,

Just heard this morning that my wifes skills as a midwife got passed by the Australian Nursing Council. They are sending back all the forms today to confirm this.

Now we have to do the visa application..........seems straightforward to me - we have no difficult aspects like step-kids, divorces (yet !), lack of work, etc etc......

Is is best to front load or just wait to be asked ?.......When I send the visa application in I will write NURSE-MIDWIFE-SONOGRAPHER all over it in the hope it gets in the fast track pile.......

We got 120 points based on our situation........all that remains is a lot of form gathering and getting them certified as true copies.

As it happens......I am also in negotiations with my employers about a job in Sydney......hope it pays well if we are to get that house with a pool.........(that's NOT the main reason for going by the way).........main reason is we "think" it's a better place for our 3 boys to grow up in.

So.......front load or not folks ?...........
Old Mar 10th 2004, 9:37 am
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats on the skills assessment. We didn`t front load ours, we applied May 2003 and had our meds requested a few weeks back.

I would have thought with your wifes occupation your process won`t take to long. Why not go for it! The worst scenario is you have to get them down again, but by then you could be in OZ.

footie chick
Old Mar 10th 2004, 9:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Olibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by footie chick
Congrats on the skills assessment. We didn`t front load ours, we applied May 2003 and had our meds requested a few weeks back.

I would have thought with your wifes occupation your process won`t take to long. Why not go for it! The worst scenario is you have to get them down again, but by then you could be in OZ.

footie chick
Skilled independent visa I presume ?............what profession ?

I only want to do the meds once.........there's 2 adults and 3 kids....
Old Mar 10th 2004, 9:49 am
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

Hiya

Yep skilled independent 136 and Electronic Instrument Tradesperson. We decided to wait for the meds because we didn`t want to tempt fate. Have you got an agent? What do they think? We didn`t use an agent.

Its a bit tricky not an easy decision to make, but i am glad i don`t have to fork out another £560 .

Good luck with it all whatever you decide.

footie chick
Old Mar 10th 2004, 9:53 am
Just Joined

lynnyloo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default what do you mean by front load??

I am a midwife just in the process of getting my skills assessment application sent off to anc once I get all the bits together,can i just ask how long it took to find out that it was passed.
Also what do you mean by front load??
Lynne
Old Mar 10th 2004, 10:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by footie chick
Hiya

Yep skilled independent 136 and Electronic Instrument Tradesperson. We decided to wait for the meds because we didn`t want to tempt fate. Have you got an agent? What do they think? We didn`t use an agent.

Its a bit tricky not an easy decision to make, but i am glad i don`t have to fork out another £560 .

Good luck with it all whatever you decide.

footie chick
We will not use an agent as our circumstances are straightforward....£1000 down the drain I feel.

Also no rush........but if my work wants me out there and I want to go, I'll have to sort myself out as they will not pay me relocation, etc etc...
Old Mar 10th 2004, 10:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Default Re: what do you mean by front load??

Originally posted by lynnyloo
I am a midwife just in the process of getting my skills assessment application sent off to anc once I get all the bits together,can i just ask how long it took to find out that it was passed.
Also what do you mean by front load??
Lynne
Hi....welcome to this site. It's great and you will get lots of help on here.

Front load means submitting medicals and police checks with the actual visa application.........you take a risk that your application will be OK an looked at within a reasonable time becuase the date of the medicals and police checks is when your "year to validate visa" starts. Hence, may be better to submit visa, then wait to be asked for meds.....which gives you a longer time to do the validation of the visa.

As for the ANC..........I emailed them direct (see their website for email address) and got loads of direct help.

As long as you have all the documents (professional registration from UKCC, transcript of your studies (can get sent direct to ANC direct from NMC, birth, marriage, exam certificates, etc) it is straightforward. All documenst need certifying by a solicitor as true copies....plus the usual photo of the applicant.

It takes 4-6 weeks to get the ANC to process your forms due to workload.......but if you email them direct and build up a rapport with someone out there it helps a bundle.

It took us a while to get our docs in order and certified, but once all there it was easy....

Good luck.....any ???s just ask
Old Mar 10th 2004, 4:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Billabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really nice

Nurses, as you probably know are being processed quite quickly. If I were you I would front load with meds and police checks.

Good luck