Howard
47.83%
Don't know/care/spoilt ba llot
21.74%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

New Prime Minister?

Old Mar 9th 2004, 10:49 pm
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute
Default New Prime Minister?

Looks like and Latham is on a bit of a roll and could actually become PM within a few months time, must therefore be time for a snap poll. If you were to vote now, who would you go for? Pelase note this is a first past the post election, I will not be redistributing preferences
Old Mar 9th 2004, 10:53 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Latham is an undiplomatic thug that breaks taxi drivers arms and Howard is stuck in 1950s white anglo Australia.

We're f&^&%d
Old Mar 9th 2004, 10:59 pm
ABCDiamond

It's good being able to choose not to have to vote

Old Mar 9th 2004, 11:02 pm

I think I will be going greenie if I become a citizen. Bob Brown is doing a good job in the senate. He is hard working and makes good amendments.
Old Mar 9th 2004, 11:08 pm
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

Latham could'nt be trusted with any kind of power. I get the feeling he'd nuke the motherland.

My inlaws hate Howard, the wifes Uncles both love him. Difference is money....if you've got it, Howard lets you keep it....if you hav'nt, he makes it difficult to get it. So they say anyway.

I voted for Mr Bushybrows. I don't think he's doing too bad a job.
Old Mar 9th 2004, 11:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

BookBear is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: New Prime Minister?

Originally posted by jayr
Looks like and Latham is on a bit of a roll and could actually become PM within a few months time, must therefore be time for a snap poll. If you were to vote now, who would you go for? Pelase note this is a first past the post election, I will not be redistributing preferences
I reckon you're right. Hopefully he'll be better than Howard.

I wonder what the odds are for the 'coalition of the idiots' trifecta: out with Bush, Blair and Howard?

Latham's cleaned his act up since becoming LOTO, but I still love what he said about Howard licking Bush's arse.
Old Mar 9th 2004, 11:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by bondipom
Latham is an undiplomatic thug that breaks taxi drivers arms and Howard is stuck in 1950s white anglo Australia.

We're f&^&%d
Isn't being an undiplomatic thug a prerequisite for being a polly in Oz?

Howard's attitude is anti-immigrants and pro-Monarchy.

I had high hopes for him when he tried to bring in gun control after the Tasmanian massacre. But, he just turned out to be way too weasly.

Latham even looks like a thug.

Let's see which one overuses the cliched Oz campaigning phrases:

- Aussie battler
- fair go
- big end of town (I think it's something to do with cars )
Old Mar 9th 2004, 11:10 pm
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

Not that I can vote (temporary visa), but I'll go for the one who increases allowances and tax bands in line with CPI and cuts back top marginal tax rate to something more sensible and at a higher salary.
Old Mar 9th 2004, 11:13 pm
ABCDiamond

Whichever politician is in power will do as they like.

The one in opposition is always going to do what you want !

And coming up to an election, they are both the same - grovelling to the voters.

I must not get started on politics

deep breath !!

Old Mar 9th 2004, 11:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by PeteY
Latham could'nt be trusted with any kind of power. I get the feeling he'd nuke the motherland.
Lucky Oz doesn't have nukes. Mind you, they have something far worse: Neighbours, Home and Away...

And now their latest Weapon of Mass Sedation, a series called "Fireflies" - an everyday story of Aussie battlers battling bush fires and life's dramas while living in a tinder-box. Lots of close-ups of meaningful looks, muscular arms and mumbled emotions - and that's just the women
Old Mar 9th 2004, 11:22 pm

gedge has disabled reputation

Difficult choice cos whoever it is will be our neighbour as well as pm.
Mind you JH is never in when we need a cup of sugar (does anyone really ask for that?!)
Old Mar 9th 2004, 11:22 pm

ABC you aren't saying that Pollys will say anything to get into power irrespective of whether they intend to hold their word?

Next you'll say that contibutions to political parties do not affect policy.
Old Mar 9th 2004, 11:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

sjn2003 is on a distinguished road

Just out of interest, how does an expat get a vote in Oz ??
Old Mar 9th 2004, 11:31 pm

Originally posted by sjn2003
Just out of interest, how does an expat get a vote in Oz ??
Get citizenship.
Old Mar 9th 2004, 11:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

sjn2003 is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by bondipom

We're f&^&%d
So you are not voting then? not a citizen yet ??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.